• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

List Of Banks That Accept Card To Card Method Application

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
It happens very often if you are not in prime metro location. See amex network charges are higher than others so shop owners avoid it, you will usually see shop owners avoiding credit cards all together in smaller cities. They will even force you to either pay cash or gpay, since they have to pay 1-2% charges. Some people try to get those from you only, but then you have to fight as RBI has given guidelines that its to be paid by shop owners, but you have to fight for it.
Same happens with me. Infact once there was a offer going on with a merchant that was officially partnering with amex and they refused. I complained with proof of receipt I got the benefit later. Amex service is too good. But there's been a time when the escalation was horrible.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Yesterday, My Mother's Credit Card Limit Is Increased In SBI CC From 75,000 To 1,00,000. So Which Cards I Can Apply With 1,00,000 Limit. But We Can't Give Any Income Documents From Personal Reasons.

Experts Do Guide Me!

Thanking You In Advance!

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Yesterday, My Mother's Credit Card Limit Is Increased In SBI CC From 75,000 To 1,00,000. So Which Cards I Can Apply With 1,00,000 Limit. But We Can't Give Any Income Documents From Personal Reasons.

Experts Do Guide Me!

Thanking You In Advance!
You can apply in most banks for basic cards. When you get around 2L you can apply for mid-tier ones and when it gets around to 5 lacs, you can try higher tier.

Also, these things are subjective, some people get it without much hassle some don't, some get mid-tier card with even 40k limit existing card.

"Internal policies" are hard to put down in pen and paper and there really isn't much we can do about it.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
You can apply in most banks for basic cards. When you get around 2L you can apply for mid-tier ones and when it gets around to 5 lacs, you can try higher tier.

Also, these things are subjective, some people get it without much hassle some don't, some get mid-tier card with even 40k limit existing card.

"Internal policies" are hard to put down in pen and paper and there really isn't much we can do about it.
@AllSeeker

I Live In A Town Where Most Of The Peoples Are Afraid Of CC's. So The Bank Employee's Are Uneducated About CC Too. That's The Main Reason I Find It Hard To Apply.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
@AllSeeker

I Live In A Town Where Most Of The Peoples Are Afraid Of CC's. So The Bank Employee's Are Uneducated About CC Too. That's The Main Reason I Find It Hard To Apply.
In such cases its best to apply online c2c whenever its possible, preferably in 4th quarter where banks are scrambling to get more customers on balance sheet and you can also get cards for LTF during that period.

hbajaj052

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
CA
Is it possible for me to get ICICI Emeralde or Emirates Emeralde as LTF or FYF on C2C basis? If yes please share the eligibility requirement and any contact who could help me get it processed.

I approached the nearest branch they denied giving on C2C basis but offered to give me emeralde as LTF on the basis of 25L initial funding cheque for wealth account.

@TechnoFino Please share your insights.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Is it possible for me to get ICICI Emeralde or Emirates Emeralde as LTF or FYF on C2C basis? If yes please share the eligibility requirement and any contact who could help me get it processed.

I approached the nearest branch they denied giving on C2C basis but offered to give me emeralde as LTF on the basis of 25L initial funding cheque for wealth account.

25 Lakh for a credit card.... Only icici card useful is amazon pay card.or any gemstone card ltf fir regular offers... There are more premium cards of other providers... You can try that....

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I am not going to leave the money there
Its just initial funding amt which will be subsequently withdrawn.
Also already holding infinia.
I see, then I can only suggest if you really need that particular ICICI card for some reasons, just take it into writing. ICICI is notorious for tricking customers into making large deposits or starting policies without full customer knowledge.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
No
One shouldn't get secured CCs ... Definitely not unsecured Infinia
There's no specific reason I can point out but one won't get LEs etc. and 11 lakhs will be blocked, which is not a small sum.
Ppl who do FD of that size have considerable use cases of it.

Common people logic not applicable on this.

Also, if anyone not getting it in otherways, they can certainly do it if they have that much money. Again, this is use case specific and in this case it was specially something I mentioned since I think ICICI bank higher tier cc's are useless, so if someone is willing to move 25 lacs for same, no issues doing that with FD.

Also, getting secured CC ones doesn't mean you can't make it unsecured. It just depends on your and RM+banks managers understanding with each other.

I've a friend whos secured CC was later converted to unsecured in Axis. And I've also inquired about it to my RM when I had one, he had mentioned it is doable if you are willing to wait for 6 months. Your FD lien would be removed. I got the Axis CC anyways, so I did not have to use that method but it is indeed doable. Might not be doable in SBI but should be in HDFC, ICICI, axis etc.

Souvik

TF Premier
Ppl who do FD of that size have considerable use cases of it.

Common people logic not applicable on this.

Also, if anyone not getting it in otherways, they can certainly do it if they have that much money. Again, this is use case specific and in this case it was specially something I mentioned since I think ICICI bank higher tier cc's are useless, so if someone is willing to move 25 lacs for same, no issues doing that with FD.

Also, getting secured CC ones doesn't mean you can't make it unsecured. It just depends on your and RM+banks managers understanding with each other.

I've a friend whos secured CC was later converted to unsecured in Axis. And I've also inquired about it to my RM when I had one, he had mentioned it is doable if you are willing to wait for 6 months. Your FD lien would be removed. I got the Axis CC anyways, so I did not have to use that method but it is indeed doable. Might not be doable in SBI but should be in HDFC, ICICI, axis etc.
That's a good account of how things work for getting hold of a secured CC. But in the case of a lien youre at the mercy of the RM to spare the funds and thats what @anirbanm was referring to and hence may not be a very good practice.

Still 11L FD (with a lien making it a lock-in) to backup a premium CC, may just not be worthwhile.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
What I meant is if one can get unsecured CC instead (like he already has unsecured Infinia) then why go for secured version ... My only point
Information which he revealed later.

Also, people who have other unsecured CC also sometimes get secured ones since they are not falling into eligibility criteria but still want that one.

Case to case basis, everyone makes their own poison. :p

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

try your luck with 25L initial cheque... it's good offer BTW. normally icici don't offer LTF Emeralde, they might offer FYF Emeralde for wealth select customers (25L initial funding A/C)