• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Limit Enhancement Offer From HDFC Bank - Dec 2023 | Year End Offer

Trust Me

TF Ace
Log idhar imperia status leke moneyback pe atke pade hai aur aap saving max ki baat kar rahe ho

Your comment is logical, so, likely doesn't apply to HDFC! :)

I belong to the first category above, and never see any upgrade offer, ever! Although LE has never been an issue. This time also got a substantial LE through a netbanking offer, in much less than an year after the last one, while my CC saw zero usage!
Abhi bhot kuch kar sakte hai, jaise card band karne ki dhamki ya fir sach me card band kar dena and reapply karna
ya fir give up kar dena

My Moneyback CC is my oldest active card ( > 8 years, and now with the highest CL as well), so closing it is not an option. Perhaps giving up on any upgrade hope is the only way to go for me!

Last edited:

Trust Me

TF Ace
.... As far as HDFC goes, I am not interested in getting a LE or Upgrade, since my family members are already holding HDFC cards with good limits.
... since I have other better-rewarding cards, I am more than satisfied with the limit assigned to me.
Mera record todo koi 15 saal 😂

Probably HDFC have sensed this, and just want to keep you happy, along with your world record! 🙂

ontherocks

TF Premier
Totally agree with this point, and since I have other better-rewarding cards, I am more than satisfied with the limit assigned to me.
8awf0r.jpg

Trust Me

TF Ace
It's comparatively difficult for self-employed & SME owners to get CC ...
As long as people are regularly using cards, have ITR/salary slips, LEs keeps on coming in accordance with CTC, or can be increased by sharing these docs.
People who don't have either of these or already hv 30-40% ceiling of their ITR/annual CTC will find it difficult to get LE further.

What is the source of information based on which you've made such definitive assertions, if I may so ask?

I don't know what CTC means (thought it stands for some kind of tea)! Apparently it means the annual income level, or some such. If so, I've never shared any such documents with the banks. Yet I, as a self-employed individual, have received several CCs from various banks, and have never had any problems getting regular, automatic LEs (especially from HDFC). I've never been a big spender on my CCs either!

.... Otherwise, few people here, get itching if they don't get LE, as they get Ego boost every-time their LE increases, even when they don't have expenses/need for that limit.

There is a very important reason, -- medical expenses -- for which a high CL is desirable, far beyond the day-to-day spending needs!

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the source of information based on which you've made such definitive assertions, if I may so ask?

I don't know what CTC means (thought it stands for some kind of tea)! Apparently it means the annual income level, or some such. If so, I've never shared any such documents with the banks. Yet I, as a self-employed individual, have received several CCs from various banks, and have never had any problems getting regular, automatic LEs (especially from HDFC). I've never been a big spender on my CCs either!

There is a very important reason, -- medical expenses -- for which a high CL is desirable, far beyond the day-to-day spending needs!
It's all based on anecdotal evidence, as banks themselves hide metrics & relevant data points.

You seem to be rare example, which may be due to you earning lakhs of rupees of months from one/multiple business sources, (or most likely have income coming form foreign clients). All this is EXCEPTION, and not the norm.
Can you please tell us your annual overall income in the ballpark number, and the max limit you've got on any one card?

If someone takes credit cards to meet medical expenses, that is an example of stupid financial planning. For medical expenses, the correct instrument is MEDICAL INSURANCE.
Same goes for taking credit cards for handling "unplanned expenses", the correct instrument for handling unplanned expenses is PERSONAL LOAN.

The reason why credit card business is so profitable, is for such silly use cases of credit cards, and people spending money beyond their means.

Trust Me

TF Ace
It's all based on anecdotal evidence, as banks themselves hide metrics & relevant data points.

Anecdotal "evidence" is no evidence at all, since the sampling is uncontrolled and non-scientific, and the sample size is necessarily too small to be of any significance. No reliable conclusions can be formed based on such anecdotes. So they are not fit for offering public advice!

You seem to be rare example, which may be due to you earning lakhs of rupees of months from one/multiple business sources, (or most likely have income coming form foreign clients). All this is EXCEPTION, and not the norm.

As I had mentioned above, no income data were ever shared with the banks! So, even supposing that the above were true (which they were not), how did the banks come to know of that to base their decisions on?! And if they are somehow privy to such information anyway, what's the need of ever asking for such information from customers?!
If someone takes credit cards to meet medical expenses, that is an example of stupid financial planning. For medical expenses, the correct instrument is MEDICAL INSURANCE.
Same goes for taking credit cards for handling "unplanned expenses", the correct instrument for handling unplanned expenses is PERSONAL LOAN.

The reason why credit card business is so profitable, is for such silly use cases of credit cards, and people spending money beyond their means.

And here is concrete evidence (not anecdotal) of jumping to conclusions based on nothing, without thinking it through at all, and offering them for public consumption!

Did it ever not occur to you that emergency medical expenses could be charged immediately to credit cards to gain a few weeks of time for arranging of money by other available means without spending a single penny?

Medical Insurance may not be sufficient, and may not necessarily afford cashless benefits for immediate help!

Also, don't know of any personal loan options (except from friends and family) that allows for immediate covering of unforeseen expenses at no cost in a similar manner!

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I started with HDFC Platinum Times Credit Card back in 2014 as a student with 50K limit then it was increased to 3L by 2016, later I got a DCB in 2019 and closed Times CC. Since 2016 no Credit Increment.
Surprisingly, I was holding basic account then and as a student had no income but ever since I am holding Imperia Account and earning never ever received Credit Limit enhancement.

Have absolutely no idea whats wrong with HDFC Bank.

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

I started with HDFC Platinum Times Credit Card back in 2014 as a student with 50K limit then it was increased to 3L by 2016, later I got a DCB in 2019 and closed Times CC. Since 2016 no Credit Increment.
Surprisingly, I was holding basic account then and as a student had no income but ever since I am holding Imperia Account and earning never ever received Credit Limit enhancement.

Have absolutely no idea whats wrong with HDFC Bank.

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares
ULIP.jpg

I'm better off without ULIP.

My RM made it his monthly practice to call and pitch me to use HDFC Demat and get Infinia and blah blah offers, I tell him I will be paying 100x of what I will be saving via Infinia as Brokerage and Glitches.

No Way Baby GIF by MOODMAN
Nice to see that you know the reality of banks and I agree with you 💯%. People do not understand here the trap which HDFC has setup to lure innocent and emotional customers for Infinia by relaxing the eligibility criteria required just to make them somehow get into ULIPs and milk those innocent customers heavily for upcoming many years.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Nice to see that you know the reality of banks and I agree with you 💯%. People do not understand here the trap which HDFC has setup to lure innocent and emotional customers for Infinia by relaxing the eligibility criteria required just to make them somehow get into ULIPs and milk those innocent customers heavily for upcoming many years.
Can you share some reality of ULIPs - will help everyone understand what this trap is.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nice to see that you know the reality of ULIPs and I agree with you 💯%. People do not understand here the trap which HDFC has setup to lure innocent and emotional customers for Infinia by relaxing the eligibility criteria required just to make them somehow get into ULIPs and milk those innocent customers heavily for upcoming many years.
I fully understand it. I am fully aware that a ULIP is an absolutely terrible investment. In fact, I invested in a HDFC ULIP around 2008 and it was terrible. Even after 5 years, the account was less than the payments made. I only got some profit after the 6th year. So I am well aware of this. Nevertheless, I am happy to bear some loss of income in order to get Infinia. Why is that so hard to understand?