• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Limit Enhancement Offer From HDFC Bank - Dec 2023 | Year End Offer

HiteshSomani

TF Buzz
I'm Holding Regalia Gold FYF, since 2 months after upgrading from Regalia. Since then I'm approaching them for DCB / limit enhancement, they aren't doing. I'm also holding FD of 6+ Lakhs in HDFC, what else to do ? Limit is 3.7L

sampatir

TF Select
I haven't seen instances where people have got more than 40% of their CTC as credit limit. It's very rare, and reserved to high spenders.
Maybe you are already close to that number or already crossed that.
Hence, no further increase.

What percentage is this Limit based on your annual CTC?
If true, perhaps increasing your salary via job change/promotion will help in LE.
I didnt submit my payslip after taking regalia with 5L initial limit which went upto 9.62L and I am not using this card much. I am not closing this as this is my only hdfc card that too ltf.

Will sending latest payslip help with card upgrade?

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How did you assume I am a salaried individual? 😁

Back to your question, I am self-employed. Up until last year, I wasn't much interested in credit cards, bank accounts, or cashbacks. 😂 After joining TF this year, I realized what I have missed. As far as HDFC goes, I am not interested in getting a LE or Upgrade, since my family members are already holding HDFC cards with good limits.
It's comparatively difficult for self-employed & SME owners to get CC, so assumed that you are also like most of CC holders (salaried).
As long as people are regularly using cards, have ITR/salary slips, LEs keeps on coming in accordance with CTC, or can be increased by sharing these docs.
People who don't have either of these or already hv 30-40% ceiling of their ITR/annual CTC will find it difficult to get LE further.

To add to this point, if you have a credit limit of 50k and above, that is enough in most cases unless you frequently purchase high value goods.
Ye-badi-acchi-baat-kahi-aapne.jpg

You've reached nirwana level. Otherwise, few people here, get itching if they don't get LE, as they get Ego boost every-time their LE increases, even when they don't have expenses/need for that limit.
(CIBIL utilisation takes into consideration overall credit limit, across multiple cards: total utilisation should be less than 30%. Even if you are using above 30% but paying everytime in full, then no major impact on CIBIL)

I didnt submit my payslip after taking regalia with 5L initial limit which went upto 9.62L and I am not using this card much. I am not closing this as this is my only hdfc card that too ltf.

Will sending latest payslip help with card upgrade?
If your current limit is lower than 30% of your annual CTC & last limit increase was done6+ months back, then send 3 months payslip & salary account statement "priority redressal" email, limit will be increased.
For card upgrade, search through forums to know eligibility criteria, and also talk to RM/Priroity Redressal team, they will guide you, based on your CTC, expenses, preferences etc....

prashu

TF Premier
It's comparatively difficult for self-employed & SME owners to get CC, so assumed that you are also like most of CC holders (salaried).
As long as people are regularly using cards, have ITR/salary slips, LEs keeps on coming in accordance with CTC, or can be increased by sharing these docs.
People who don't have either of these or already hv 30-40% ceiling of their ITR/annual CTC will find it difficult to get LE further.

Ye-badi-acchi-baat-kahi-aapne.jpg

You've reached nirwana level. Otherwise, few people here, get itching if they don't get LE, as they get Ego boost every-time their LE increases, even when they don't have expenses/need for that limit.
(CIBIL utilisation takes into consideration overall credit limit, across multiple cards: total utilisation should be less than 30%. Even if you are using above 30% but paying everytime in full, then no major impact on CIBIL)

If your current limit is lower than 30% of your annual CTC & last limit increase was done6+ months back, then send 3 months payslip & salary account statement "priority redressal" email, limit will be increased.
For card upgrade, search through forums to know eligibility criteria, and also talk to RM/Priroity Redressal team, they will guide you, based on your CTC, expenses, preferences etc....
I read somewhere credit limit is 2x or 3x of monthly salary not 30% of annual ctc. Correct me if i wrong....

Hitarth

TF Buzz
I got upgrade from Moneyback plus to millennia.

My Moneyback card was life time free but millennia card is first year free.

is there any way to make it life time free?
Please let me know if Anybody know the way. Thanks

ontherocks

TF Premier
I haven't seen instances where people have got more than 40% of their CTC as credit limit. It's very rare, and reserved to high spenders.
Maybe you are already close to that number or already crossed that.
Hence, no further increase.

What percentage is this Limit based on your annual CTC?
If true, perhaps increasing your salary via job change/promotion will help in LE.
I know couple of people whose CC limits are more than their CTC.

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I keep on checking the card upgrade offer and don't proceed further, is there a chance to get a better offer? 😜 (like LTF or higher card, I know being greedy 👿). Basically I am getting DCB Metal upgrade.