• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Limit decreased

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
At the time of card issuance,there must be some glitch.
They generally don't issue a card with a limit lesser than 40k.
If their algo finds the alloted limit is under that limit they just deny the card
They could not retrospectively correct their wrong decision in the first place due to regulations and hence made the card sterilized

It seems due to some glitch,they provided you better limit & during quarterly check,tried to amend it
Actually in 2020 I have a Standard chartered another credit card that limit is 95000 I closed the card and in 2023 June month platinum rewards card approved after that I received sms as limit enhanced to 145800 from 95000 and today my credit card limit reduced to 10000

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

deep@vie

TF Legend
Understood fully with your previous post only..
& yes Stanc is not a bogus I guess it's the only bank that has a great algo/backend to calculate the assigned limit, they do check every aspect reported on CIBIL,no other bank in India does it that precisely,if one deserves 5l on first card issuance but if one doesn't ge won't get it & then there's are banks like AU which have nothing in terms of limit calculations, just matches the highest limit available on card via normal route & even gives a hike upto 50% via swipeup.
There are cases where a customer earning 30kpm has a card with 7-8l(icici/hdfc/rbl etc) just because they started using it 7-8years back,they get 7-8l, then there are customers with 1l+ salary & has a card with 50-60k, AU gives 50-60k.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Actually in 2020 I have a Standard chartered another credit card that limit is 95000 I closed the card and in 2023 June month platinum rewards card approved after that I received sms as limit enhanced to 145800 from 95000 and today my credit card limit reduced to 10000
so , you didn't tell us the whole story....

You played cat and mouse game with Stan c, now they played the same with you...
Its all even stevens now...

You naughty boy...

deep@vie

TF Legend
@Odugu Narasimha Rao
Buddy,if you don't mind can you please share your reported income & liabilities on CIBIL,
Only then we can zero down on this.
One other thing,if they made a mistake,you can share your latest payslip/ITR & it shall be just a CIBIL hit & you should get a limit can atleast use.

Reactions: SSV

D₹V

TF Prestige
Doctor prescribed me to have healthy diet,

Now I'm taking this StanC card for healthy lifestyle 🤣.

shahid-alvi.gif