• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Less known CC for utility MCC 4900

hs23new

TF Premier
What are some best less known CC for utility mcc 4900 with min 1% reward rate AND not from HDFC, Axis, SBI, Amex. Since Amex is not accepted and I already have planned 10L annual spend on HDFC DCB, Axis Atlas and SBI Cashback. I want to use other bank cards for utility.

Updated list:

1.5% or above with no monthly capping
Au Ixigo - 2.5% as IXIGO money (upto 10k RP = 5K Rs) upto 200k monthly spends
IDFC Vistara - 2.5% - 3% upto 4.5L annual spends (first year only / redemption is difficult)
Kotak White - 2.25% on 12L spends
RBL World Safari - 2.16% on 7.5L spends
Au LIT (with 10X) - 2%
Standard Chartered Ultimate (5900) - 2% (Decathlon is good redemption option)
BOB Eterna FY - 1.875% on 5L spends.
HSBC Cashback - 1.5%
-----

<1.5% or monthly caps
Standard Chartered Smart - 2% upto 50k monthly spends
DBS Spark 20 (1770) - 4.95% on 35k monthly spends
Yes Marquee - 1.25%
Kotak Myntra - 1.25%
Bob Snapdeal - 1%
Au Zenith Plus (5900 / fee waiver on 8L) 1%
ICICI Amazon Apay LTF - 1%
Federal bank OneCard LTF - 1%
IndusInd Pinnacle LTF - 0.7%
''''''
_
SBI ELITE Business - 4% (corporates only)
Citi Prestige - 4% (new application not accepted)

Anything else?

Last edited:
What are some best less known CC for utility with min 1% reward rate AND not from HDFC, Axis, SBI, IDFC, Yes. Since I already have the best cards from these banks and planned upto 10L spends on each cards, I want to use other cards for utility.

ICICI Amazon Apay - 1%
Federal bank OneCard - 1%
CSB Jupiter Rupay CC - 1% - 2%

Anything else?
Au bank cards are also good

hs23new

TF Premier
Please suggest some card which is offered preapproved without CIBIL enquiry. For eg I got Federal OneCard like this.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Amex : you will get milestones but not regular mr(unless using cred or az gv).
Also no point in rotating for 1%..

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is a point and its not 1%. Looking for non Amex cards.
Get au lit or indus legend Etc. ICICI apay, onecard are worse. 1-2% doesn't seem attractive to me compared to the risks but off course your risk appetite is different.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Two cards that work best depending on the amount you're paying every month toward Utility bills,

1. Amex MRCC

Gets you 1000 bonus points on every 6k transaction. The first year is free to apply so no costs either and second year fee is ₹1500(but gets negotiated).
Works even better if you pay using Amazon pay after buying vouchers from the multiplier store.

2. Amex Platinum Travel

If your utility bills go up to 4L every year, you will get 40,000 MR points + 10k Taj voucher. This includes any and all spends including utility and fuel.
Works best if your monthly bills are high and you can make ~30k spends every month.

The reward rate using this can be anywhere between 4%-10%(or even more) depending on how you redeem the rewards.
You can also read a detailed article on how to use Amex cards in the best way possible: https://www.technofino.in/community...s-mrcc-card-benefits-and-optimal-usage.19743/

hs23new

TF Premier
Two cards that work best depending on the amount you're paying every month toward Utility bills,

1. Amex MRCC

Gets you 1000 bonus points on every 6k transaction. The first year is free to apply so no costs either and second year fee is ₹1500(but gets negotiated).
Works even better if you pay using Amazon pay after buying vouchers from the multiplier store.

2. Amex Platinum Travel

If your utility bills go up to 4L every year, you will get 40,000 MR points + 10k Taj voucher. This includes any and all spends including utility and fuel.
Works best if your monthly bills are high and you can make ~30k spends every month.

The reward rate using this can be anywhere between 4%-10%(or even more) depending on how you redeem the rewards.
You can also read a detailed article on how to use Amex cards in the best way possible: https://www.technofino.in/community...s-mrcc-card-benefits-and-optimal-usage.19743/
Thanks but looking for a non Amex card.

hs23new

TF Premier
Get au lit or indus legend Etc. ICICI apay, onecard are worse. 1-2% doesn't seem attractive to me compared to the risks but off course your risk appetite is different.
Indus legend giving 0.7% on utility MCC 4900.

Au Lit with 2.5% return on utility is good but the annual fees is 1200+gst and redemption fee is 99+ GST.

Last edited:

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Indus legend giving 0.7% on utility MCC 4900.

Au Lit with 2.5% return on utility is good but the annual fees is 1200+gst and redemption fee is 99+ GST.
You can use legend for wallet load like payzapp then use..in fact can use idfv wealth etc same way. Are you sure utility mcc you will use for is 4900?

hs23new

TF Premier
You can use legend for wallet load like payzapp then use..in fact can use idfv wealth etc same way. Are you sure utility mcc you will use for is 4900?
Yes, utility MCC is 4900 is confirmed. I will not use for wallet loads or buying Apay to pay utility.

hs23new

TF Premier
DBS has launched a new line of credit cards. Spark credit cards. The top variant gives 20x on utilities along with milestones.

nice but spark 20 has capping of 7000 points = 1400 Rs. With 99 Rs+gst Redemption fee and 270 gst on joining fee, return is just above 1% on 1L utility spends per month. if redeemed once per year and including 4000 Rs worth milestone bonus, returns are 2.04% on 10L spends.

Last edited:

hs23new

TF Premier
Au Zenith Plus offers 2.3% return on utility spends of 75k with fee waiver on 8L spends. This makes it better then AU Lit with 10x subscription for utility spends. There is also BMS BOGO upto 500 and 4 Airport Meet & Assist per year on paying 900 GST on 5000 joining fee. 5000 Joining fee can be redeemed for 5000 points.

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Check Tata Neu infinity. Gives 5% returns on utility payments in the form of Neu coins. You need to verify MCC. You have mentioned not from HDFC, but this is not core HDFC, but co-branded, so thought of mentioning the same.