• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CC suggestion for expenses mostly comprising rent, utility and other miscellaneous.

SAMe

TF Buzz
Hi TFC,

I currently am new to the CC space. Currently have 2 CC's.

1. Amazon ICICI CC(LTF, 50k limit) - 1st bill date on Jun 8

2. Federal Imperio Visa(LTF,1.9L limit) - Just got approved.

I am looking to expand my portfolio of CC's that can help me with Rent(approx 30k monthly) and utility(around 2k) savings. I don't mind paying for a CC if it can give me returns in the long run.

Any help and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

SAMe

TF Buzz
Hi TFC,

I currently am new to the CC space. Currently have 2 CC's.

1. Amazon ICICI CC(LTF, 50k limit) - 1st bill date on Jun 8

2. Federal Imperio Visa(LTF,1.9L limit) - Just got approved.

I am looking to expand my portfolio of CC's that can help me with Rent(approx 30k monthly) and utility(around 2k) savings. I don't mind paying for a CC if it can give me returns in the long run.

Any help and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Any suggestions?. Please feel free to ask any necessary details that I may have missed out.

SAMe

TF Buzz
@sriteja @iamabhisekagar @great Thanks for all your suggestions.

@sriteja , Axis ace and HDFC millenia don't seem to excite me with their rewards. Nothing special that Apay card cannot provide.

@iamabhisekagar , Airtel axis looks like a good offering. I don't use any Airtel services at the moment, but still worthy of a consideration if the need arises.

@great, IDFC wealth is a hit or miss even with people who have good relationships with other banks/have a good credit limit on other bank cards. Opening a wealth account is not a hassle I wish to entertain at the moment.

I had gone through the list of suggested cards for rent payment. Shortlisted a few options -

1. Wait for cibil to generate then apply for SC smart CC on a C2C basis.(short term goal)

2. Wait for my Federal Imperio CC to have a LE >= 4L then apply for axis magnus C2C.(long term goal)

Does this look like a good idea?.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
One thing you can do is to increase the limit on your Amazon Pay card - SMS CRLIM <last 4 digits of your card> to 5676766 or call ICICI customer care and they will increase the credit limit. (Also keep the usage limit to 100% of your credit limit. Don't keep it lesser.)

One thing you can do is to increase the limit on your Amazon Pay card - SMS CRLIM <last 4 digits of your card> to 5676766 or call ICICI customer care and they will increase the credit limit. (Also keep the usage limit to 100% of your credit limit. Don't keep it lesser.)
Also keep the usage limit to 100% of your credit limit ? Whats the logic behind that ?

If your credit limit is 5L, but you have set usage limit to say 3L, then most probably they won't give you LE. They will tell you already have 5L but you are using only 3L.
So first keep usage limit at 5L (100%) and then ask for LE.
Well said. Attention to details. I even did not read your first post correctly: USAGE limit (I assumed u were asking to use 100% of avaial:eek:ble limit) . My bad