• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Laptop for Civil engineer Female b/w 35- 50k

Vineet_

TF Premier
Kindly suggest best configuration for civil engineering applications like below for female in my family budget 35- 50k I suggested her look around local shop she came with below details. 20230715_234210.jpg

As per information shared by her below software need to use frequently for practice or daily uses.

AutoCAD
Sketch up
3D Max
Rivet

I personally used Dell inspiron 15 around 2012 for i3 2nd generation & now hp 14 with i3 11th generation with 8gb ram & 250gb ssd but feels I have lack of information.

Budget - 35- 50k

Weight- Light Weight as much possible

Battery- Decent with no more over heating issues

Brand - It should at least serviceable at 3 tier city not village with service & support.

I have good experience with Dell support but there inspiron & vastro series still I feel burning with heat pads.

For HP 14 i3 11gen till now Battery decent experience no more heating issues like Dell but built quality scratches chances are very scary .

Kindly suggest which best configuration I suggest to her with Intel or amd right now available in markets or online

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Kindly suggest best configuration for civil engineering applications like below for female in my family budget 35- 50k I suggested her look around local shop she came with below details. 20230715_234210.jpg

As per information shared by her below software need to use frequently for practice or daily uses.

AutoCAD
Sketch up
3D Max
Rivet

I personally used Dell inspiron 15 around 2012 for i3 2nd generation & now hp 14 with i3 11th generation with 8gb ram & 250gb ssd but feels I have lack of information.

Budget - 35- 50k

Weight- Light Weight as much possible

Battery- Decent with no more over heating issues

Brand - It should at least serviceable at 3 tier city not village with service & support.

I have good experience with Dell support but there inspiron & vastro series still I feel burning with heat pads.

For HP 14 i3 11gen till now Battery decent experience no more heating issues like Dell but built quality scratches chances are very scary .

Kindly suggest which best configuration I suggest to her with Intel or amd right now available in markets or online
Stay away from HP.

Then Dell has been a mixed bag for me. Still the best of the lot though after sales service has gone down of late. Dell has the best build quality but also the most expensive.

Lenovo is somewhere between HP and Dell. Lenovo is value for money.

i5 12th Gen/16 GB RAM/512 GB SSD should be good enough

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
8GB RAM won't be enough to run designing and wireframe softwares lag free. See if the RAM is extendable, and buy an extra 8GB stick which will cost around 2-3k more.
Your both options come with an SSD, so that's good.

bhushan0101

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Mi notebook pro max 16gb comes under 45k and mi notebook ultra 16gb also comes under 50k both are very good option personally use it. Major Difference between both pro comes in 14 inch varient and ultra in 16 inch. Use all the apps like Autocad, premier pro all runs smoothy.