• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon- Laptop Damage SCAM

#aniket

TF Ace
If you are persistent enough with e-mails and calling customer daily. Eventually they will refund your money(know that ecommerce sites store inventory and returns and refunds are processed by sites only, dealer has no involvement except for small businesses). You might get refund and they still won't pickup the order..who knows😉 Happened with me. Ordered a product from Flipkart was defective filed a return...they kept delaying. Wrote tens of emails...in end contacted International number and they refunded immediately from international bank account. After 2 days another refund was processed and recieved the same amount again🙈 Sadly, the item worked fine after few days and no one picked up the order😁 They never mentioned anything again except to rate the interaction which I happily gave them 5 stars.
PS: The defective product was declared defective by the installation guy but it was a software problem. The product is still working fine after almost 4 years to this day.
Share that international number for us, so that we can contact them in similar situations.

Abhi5467

TF Select
Share that international number for us, so that we can contact them in similar situations.
I don't remember the specific number but had googled "Flipkart Customer Care Number". Tried every number and accidentally called their International number. The lady told me it's not domestic customer care and I should contact them on different number. I was already pissed and told the whole story. She immediately asked my account details on email and refunded me from Deutsche Bank International. I will update the number if I find it. Best is try emailing them everyday. Add screenshots and threaten them with consumer court. After few days they give up and process your refund.

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I always chose flipkart for electronic items because they have open box delivery. Last BBD I purchased ipad pro and I am fully satisfied.
Same sale Amazon was selling apple pencil 2nd gen at 7600 but I didn't buy it since some customers complaint about the open seal of the box being delivered.
Awesome bro you've been really lucky and your gambles have paid off till now. I would suggest quitting while you're ahead and stop using fk for expensive items right away. House always wins and they will take 20-30k in one go and you will face situations where you'll be hard pressed to even locate where you can escalate meaningfully

#aniket

TF Ace
I don't remember the specific number but had googled "Flipkart Customer Care Number". Tried every number and accidentally called their International number. The lady told me it's not domestic customer care and I should contact them on different number. I was already pissed and told the whole story. She immediately asked my account details on email and refunded me from Deutsche Bank International. I will update the number if I find it. Best is try emailing them everyday. Add screenshots and threaten them with consumer court. After few days they give up and process your refund.
Thanks bro, sending mail again and again without any response or robotic reply make no sense.

You can check your call history and bank statement for that amount by considering order date and amount in Flipkart by searching with the name of product.

Awesome bro you've been really lucky and your gambles have paid off till now. I would suggest quitting while you're ahead and stop using fk for expensive items right away. House always wins and they will take 20-30k in one go and you will face situations where you'll be hard pressed to even locate where you can escalate meaningfully
What could go wrong with open box delivery, if it's not sealed pack or not working then no OTP to delivery person.

The ipad I bought was showing no warranty but when I call customer care he replied that if there is any warranty issue then he can arrange a full refund of the product. A phone call to Apple cc and I got the annual warranty.

Abhi5467

TF Select
Thanks bro, sending mail again and again without any response or robotic reply make no sense.

You can check your call history and bank statement for that amount by considering order date and amount in Flipkart by searching with the name of product.
I've the emails , but there is no mention of number in it. Plus I have contacted them only single time on that number. Considering it's almost 4 years back it's not possible to get call logs now. If I come across it again I'll update in this thread. If you have unboxing video as a proof you can provide it to customer care, they don't usually deny it as it a valid evidence (should be uncut video showing all sides before unboxing) You can also contact the seller from your order section, if they are lenient might take return.

#aniket

TF Ace
I've the emails , but there is no mention of number in it. Plus I have contacted them only single time on that number. Considering it's almost 4 years back it's not possible to get call logs now. If I come across it again I'll update in this thread. If you have unboxing video as a proof you can provide it to customer care, they don't usually deny it as it a valid evidence (should be uncut video showing all sides before unboxing) You can also contact the seller from your order section, if they are lenient might take return.
Great, thanks! 😊

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What could go wrong with open box delivery, if it's not sealed pack or not working then no OTP to delivery person.

The ipad I bought was showing no warranty but when I call customer care he replied that if there is any warranty issue then he can arrange a full refund of the product. A phone call to Apple cc and I got the annual warranty.
I am not sure, I am sure the scamsters are hard at work to figure that out. It's a matter of personal preference but in their day to day practices I feel fk is always trying to trick you or Rob you. It's too bothersome to try and avoid that trap all the time you're dealing with them so I just stopped dealing with them