• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Mis selling, RBI Ombudsman

hgupta

TF Buzz
A kotak sale team mis selled Kotak Myntra card to me saying that It is LTF. I reach out to kotak and due to their bogus response, I reach out to RBI escalation with proper proof.
Then, that sale girl call me and apologize and request me to withdraw my complaint as her job is in danger.
Now their corporate employee call me and accepted their mistake and offer me first year free Myntra card but not LTF. For that I have to mail them and request for it.
What do you guys suggest,
Is there any counter offer should I place or take their offer or let RBI do their work and keep silent?

#aniket

TF Ace
I also faced the same problem with kotak. I got the compensation of 2500 rupees after filing the case to RBI
For misselling? You didn't recieve LTF card what was promised to you, right? Or You have got LTF CC and 2500 compensation awarded by RBI as a quasi obligation to Lotak for the inconvenience, unfair trade practices and violation of RBI rules and regulations. I guess while filling complaint to BO, you have had asked monetary compensation also, correct?

What was the case, kindly explain.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A kotak sale team mis selled Kotak Myntra card to me saying that It is LTF. I reach out to kotak and due to their bogus response, I reach out to RBI escalation with proper proof.
Then, that sale girl call me and apologize and request me to withdraw my complaint as her job is in danger.
Now their corporate employee call me and accepted their mistake and offer me first year free Myntra card but not LTF. For that I have to mail them and request for it.
What do you guys suggest,
Is there any counter offer should I place or take their offer or let RBI do their work and keep silent?
not worth the time and effort!!

Hitarth

TF Buzz
For misselling? You didn't recieve LTF card what was promised to you, right? Or You have got LTF CC and 2500 compensation awarded by RBI as a quasi obligation to Lotak for the inconvenience, unfair trade practices and violation of RBI rules and regulations. I guess while filling complaint to BO, you have had asked monetary compensation also, correct?

What was the case, kindly explain.
No, I didn't asked for compensation.

There was so many conversations with lotak but they were not agreeing to LTF Myntra, bank was offering me kotak league platinum (which is already ltf) as ltf so refused to it.

I asked for zen as ltf but bank was not agreeing to it as well except league.

After I refused to take league platinum lokat responed to RBI with all the conversation we had.
And then I got email from RBI that if you have a call recording (which I mentioned when registering the case) then reply to as. So i attached the recording I had

and after few days I got call from bank and they told me that RBI told as to give you 2500 rs compensation so agreed to that and I received the compensation same day. And after that I got sms from RBI complaint has been closed.

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
No, I didn't asked for compensation.

There was so many conversations with lotak but they were not agreeing to LTF Myntra, bank was offering me kotak league platinum (which is already ltf) as ltf so refused to it.

I asked for zen as ltf but bank was not agreeing to it as well except league.

After I refused to take league platinum lokat responed to RBI with all the conversation we had.
And then I got email from RBI that if you have a call recording (which I mentioned when registering the case) then reply to as. So i attached the recording I had

and after few days I got call from bank and they told me that RBI told as to give you 2500 rs compensation so agreed to that and I received the compensation same day. And after that I got sms from RBI complaint has been closed.
Didn't you ask to give documentary evidence or some other proof to trust Lotak compensation is as per RBI Ombudsman direction or have they planned this to divert and close the case?

RBI Ombudsman could have asked you what is your demand now we have found Lotak being guilty we will take strict action from our end too, they could have ordered to give LTF Myntra at the first instance at any cost along with the compensation, atleast after sharing call recording. RBI Ombudsman also seem deficient to handle the case if bank found guilty and though not penalising or awarding what was promised while doing sale of contract.

The final verdict from BO must be communicated to both the parties.

Also, there should be a provision to cross check by enquiring the complainant whether the same monetary compensation or any other benefit (like providing the same card as LTF, whatsoever) is awarded or not before closing the case.

Last edited:

Hitarth

TF Buzz
Didn't you ask to give documentary evidence or some other proof to trust Lotak compensation is as per RBI Ombudsman direction or have they planned this to divert and close the case?

RBI Ombudsman could have asked you what is your demand now we have found Lotak being guilty we will take strict action from our end too, they could have ordered to give LTF Myntra at the first instance at any cost along with the compensation, atleast after sharing call recording. RBI Ombudsman also seem deficient to handle the case if bank found guilty and though not penalising or awarding what was promised while doing sale of contract.

The final verdict from BO must be communicated to both the parties.

Also, there should be a provision to cross check by enquiring the complainant whether the same monetary compensation or any other benefit (like providing the same card as LTF, whatsoever) is awarded or not before closing the case.
Yeah, you are right, I should asked for that. I missed it.