• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Credit card limit Revised (decreased)

JUsbazZE

TF Buzz
I have received a message that My Kotak Zen card limit is revised to 1.2L from 6L for no reason.
I was expecting an enhancement soon

Cibil over 780
Never a Missed a payment
Upto 15-20% usage every month.
Is there any way to retain my limit??

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
Is this your only credit card?

If you have multiple cards, then moving all expenses to the other card/s will increase the likelihood for limit enhancement.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have received a message that My Kotak Zen card limit is revised to 1.2L from 6L for no reason.

Cibil over 780
Never a Missed a payment
Unless you have a pressing need for Kotak cards and their CL's,.. it is actually a good thing. it reduces your total credit exposure ,there by getting new credit with renowned players becomes easier ...

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It seems the following is at works in this Kotak case..

Kotak moment (a.ka. Kodak moment )... Kaching!!! ;)

D₹V

TF Prestige

Cibil over 780
Never a Missed a payment

It seems the following is at works in this Kotak case..

Kotak moment (a.ka. Kodak moment )... Kaching!!! ;)

Kursi ki peti baandh lijiye 🤭😂 sab banks ek dusre ko follow karte hue limit Enhancement kam kar dega 🤣.

HDFC & Kotak dekh hi chuke ho, abhi aur banks ka dekhna baaki hai. 🤣🤣.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Kursi ki peti baandh lijiye 🤭😂 sab banks ek dusre ko follow karte hue limit Enhancement kam kar dega 🤣.

HDFC & Kotak dekh hi chuke ho, abhi aur banks ka dekhna baaki hai. 🤣🤣.
Actaully to be honest , in majority of the cases, we don't need huge CL's on all of our cards.. only handful of us need in excess of 2 to 3 L...
Its only useful in case of emrgencies.. other than that 90% of us are happy with 2 to 3L CL.. in my view ..

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Actaully to be honest , in majority of the cases, we don't need huge CL's on all of our cards.. only handful of us need in excess of 2 to 3 L...
Its only useful in case of emrgencies.. other than that 90% of us are happy with 2 to 3L CL.. in my view ..
Yes. true if banks start giving cards like Infinia without any CL eligibility criteria.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
When banks wants us to authenticate with OTP for Limit Enhancement then they should also ask us to authenticate with OTP for Limit Reduction 😆
Actaully there is a RBI instruction very recently issued to get consent from customer to get CL enhanced..
I think before this, there used to be no consent required either for upward or downrward revision ...!!

Chimera-san

TF Select
Got a Kotak Myntra CC recently, not even a month ago, first Bill not generated yet. The Limit of the CC was 2.25L, now suddenly in the app it shows the limit as 1L, and used about 1.4L, so it shows -40k in overview.

Today I saw the limit was how it was supposed to be and remain balance as 80k+, now it shows -40k, no other transaction is done, no emi, loan, etc

Is this a bug, or Intentional activity from Kotak