• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Just got my amex platinum travel credit card

Aditya12

TF Premier
Only domestic that too very few lounges and no international, PP membership is a gimmick
PP membership is not exactly a gimmick actually. Many international lounges require you to have PP membership to access their lounges (paid access or complementary). You can’t simply pay them and enter. PP is a must unlike Indian lounges where even if you don’t have any card, you can still pay and enter.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
PP membership is not exactly a gimmick actually. Many international lounges require you to have PP membership to access their lounges (paid access or complementary). You can’t simply pay them and enter. PP is a must unlike Indian lounges where even if you don’t have any card, you can still pay and enter.
Amex is the only bank I saw that gives empty PP card with no complimentary access. Whats the use? Banks either give PP with some complimentary access or don't give PP at all

Either ways it is fine. Since they are so kanjoos on lounge, they can give better reward rates and milestone benefits. So no issues!

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I mean, the lounges which have PP, usually have other means of access as well, it's not just Priority Pass lounge (I am yet to experience a lounge which only accepts PP). So, there is a way to pay and enter. If not also, usually at medium-big sized airports, there are multiple lounges, so there's that.

I was just trying to support the statement PP with AmEx is majorly (if not purely) marketing tactic that hey look, we give intl lounge access.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Thanks a lot. So that means they offer 99sd wala PP which does not include anything complimentary. Then what's the point of even offering. I feel amazed to see amex cards r so damn kanjoos in giving lounge access even at the time when even entry level cards gave.
Too much expectation baba re. Can you tell which PP gives you free domestic lounge access. Until unless you own a good ultra premium card. Not sure if they also give or not. It is complimentary 99USD card . Plus u get international 2 per quarter free access what more do you want? Which entry level card gives u free lounge access and how many. Now days you have to spend 5k or 15k previous month for free access to lounge in next month if u travel. Amex card gives u free 2 per quarter access. Incase you want unlimited you should go for infinia.