• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Journey from HDFC Millennia to Infinia: A Rollercoaster Experience

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Dear members,

I wanted to share my recent experience transitioning from the entry-level Millennia card to the super-premium Infinia card with HDFC. While I'm excited about the upgrade, the journey was quite a rollercoaster, and I thought it might be helpful to share my story.

I've been a HDFC customer with a salary account for the past 10 years, and despite my long-standing relationship, I found myself stuck with the Millennia card with a relatively modest limit of 2 lakhs. My attempts to upgrade through my relationship manager and multiple escalations proved futile, leading me to make the decision to close my existing card and wait for the mandatory 6 months before applying for a new one.

After the waiting period, I checked for preapproved cards, but to my disappointment, the Infinia wasn't among the options. Undeterred, I decided to apply through the branch. Little did I know that this would set off a series of events that tested my patience.

My application ended up in the legendary Chennai office, and the entire process took longer than anticipated, almost 32 days. The status fluctuated from "in process" to "decline" and back to "in process." Despite numerous follow-ups with my relationship manager, the branch, and the backend team manager, I faced constant hurdles. They mentioned a pending tele-verification, which I was certain had been completed long ago. The tele-verification agent's lack of assistance and carelessness only added to the frustration.

Eventually, after several rounds of communication and the assistance of the backend team manager, the card was finally approved. I received the last 4 digits of the credit card, and I was informed that the card would be delivered within 2 days. However, there was an unexpected twist – the card turned out to be a Mastercard instead of Visa.

Now, I'm left wondering if there are any disadvantages to having a Mastercard over Visa, as this was not what I had initially expected.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Dear members,

I wanted to share my recent experience transitioning from the entry-level Millennia card to the super-premium Infinia card with HDFC. While I'm excited about the upgrade, the journey was quite a rollercoaster, and I thought it might be helpful to share my story.

I've been a HDFC customer with a salary account for the past 10 years, and despite my long-standing relationship, I found myself stuck with the Millennia card with a relatively modest limit of 2 lakhs. My attempts to upgrade through my relationship manager and multiple escalations proved futile, leading me to make the decision to close my existing card and wait for the mandatory 6 months before applying for a new one.

After the waiting period, I checked for preapproved cards, but to my disappointment, the Infinia wasn't among the options. Undeterred, I decided to apply through the branch. Little did I know that this would set off a series of events that tested my patience.

My application ended up in the legendary Chennai office, and the entire process took longer than anticipated, almost 32 days. The status fluctuated from "in process" to "decline" and back to "in process." Despite numerous follow-ups with my relationship manager, the branch, and the backend team manager, I faced constant hurdles. They mentioned a pending tele-verification, which I was certain had been completed long ago. The tele-verification agent's lack of assistance and carelessness only added to the frustration.

Eventually, after several rounds of communication and the assistance of the backend team manager, the card was finally approved. I received the last 4 digits of the credit card, and I was informed that the card would be delivered within 2 days. However, there was an unexpected twist – the card turned out to be a Mastercard instead of Visa.

Now, I'm left wondering if there are any disadvantages to having a Mastercard over Visa, as this was not what I had initially expected.

I guess there shouldn't be any problem bcoz of mastercard. If you still wish you can change it to visa just on call with customer care.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Dear members,

So it's not an upgrade but a new application 🤷🤭.

Though I'm happy for you. A big congratulations 🎉.

BTW, check if your card is issued LTF.