• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITC Grand Goa : An Oasis of South Goa

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
photo_2023-08-15 22.19.03.jpeg

Hello everyone! I'm back again with another travelogue, and this time a place which let me cherish a lot of childhood memories and helped me create some unforgettable memories to cherish for life. "Goa" is the name which comes with many images in our head: the beach parties, paradise-like beaches, oh yes the famous phrase of our college days "chal Goa chalen". Though Goa has many more shades apart from them, which I experienced this time and there are a lot more to experience in the coming days.

I like to plan my trips early and this time was no exception. I booked with Vistara and ITC Grand Goa about 4 months back. Though Goa has a direct flight from Kolkata with other carriers, I wanted to utilise the points to minimise the cash burn, thus booked with Vistara. Let's see how many points it took for us:

Vistara Economy 4 pax CCU-DEL-GOI Round Trip: 88,000 CV Points
ITC Grand Goa: 2,20,626 Green Points for 4 days, two rooms
Total Points: 3,08,626 (About 3,85,782 Axis Edge RP)

View attachment IMG_5495.mp4

I wanted this trip to be a staycation only and planned accordingly. For convenience, I pre-booked a cab from a contact so that no issues should happen. It took about 40 minutes to get to the hotel. We were welcomed by a beautiful Goan song played by two talented musicians and a delicious Goan beverage. Oh yes, not to forget the beautiful garland of tiny seashells. The reception is outstanding, it's grand, filled with colours and there's a beautiful chandelier which is inspired by the Gulmohor flower, which can be seen in Goa.

photo_2023-08-15 22.15.55.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.15.53.jpeg

When we visited the property, it was under renovation, and this renovation will continue till October 2023. We were booked with a Sea view Suite and an adjoining room but as those were under renovation, including the beautiful Presidential Suite, we were upgraded to their Jacuzzi Suite, which is the highest category of Suite along with the Lap Pool Suites. Got welcomed with beautiful welcome amenities.

photo_2023-08-15 22.15.44.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.15.47.jpeg

Now let's talk about the room we got. It's a Jacuzzi Suite. When you're making a reservation with ITC from their app/website/central reservation, a few higher categories of rooms stay excluded from these reservation channels most of the time and Presidential Suite or Grand Presidential Suite are always the ones but there are other few as well. There are only two Lap pool Suites and two Jacuzzi Suites at the property, and now you know why they're not publicly available through those reservation channels. To book these rooms, you need to directly call the property to make a reservation. Oh yes, of course, you can pay with Green Points for them, as well. The rooms are expansive and one of the biggest I've ever stayed at. The outdoor space is almost as big as the indoor space if you consider the bedroom and living room. These rooms come with unique things like two open shower spaces, named Secret Garden, powder rooms, and a big outdoor space with a Jacuzzi. The housekeeping service is just really good. In our 4 days of stay, I asked twice to change the Jacuzzi's water, and they happily did. Some snaps of the amenities, the beautiful Suite and a short room tour:

photo_2023-08-15 22.24.57.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.24.59.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.25.00.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.25.04.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.25.10.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.25.08.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.19.05.jpeg

View attachment IMG_5514.MP4

Here's another room tour of the Lap Pool Suite. This was newly renovated, and the only difference with Jacuzzi Suite is the Lap Pool in the place of the Jacuzzi, the rest are identical. So you can choose as per your preference. Thanks to Ms. Khushboo from the PR team to show me around the hotel and convey me how all the things are designed to give the best experience in ITC Grand Goa.

View attachment IMG_5573.mp4

ITC Grand Goa is one of the finest of ITC's The Luxury Collection properties and one of the finest resort properties in Goa. ITC took over from Hyatt in 2018 which used to be The Park Hyatt Goa and made a total aesthetic change to fit it into the ITC Brand. From the dark hues of Park Hyatt, ITC brought its colour palate and gave it the big bright colours which can be seen in the ITC Hotels. It has a total of 246 rooms and 21 Suites, built over 45 acres of area filled with lagoons, Palm trees and unique Pine trees in the midst of it. The architecture evokes an Indo-Portuguese village, rooted deep in the red soil of Goa. The whole property is divided into five courts, which are linked by cobbled pathways, reminiscent of the city’s traditional Latin Quarters. The resort itself is studded with traditional Goan design elements, like the palanquin near the courtyard, and welcoming balcaos, resembling typical Goan homes.

photo_2023-08-15 22.15.59.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.16.08.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.19.02.jpeg

It has 6 distinguishing restaurants and bars named: Ottimo Cucina Italiana, Kebabs & Kurries, Tempero, The Royal Afghan Seaside Barbeque & Grill, Pavilion At The Village Square, Farol. From these restaurants, two are unique here. Tempero serves the Goan dishes and the Executive Chef over here is from Park Hyatt days, and she knows the best of Goan cuisine to make your experience memorable.

I'm an in-room dining person unless it's the complimentary breakfast, and we loved the Goan dishes served to us from here, and guess what, we loved the flavours so much, we didn't miss even one day without having a Goan dish. The in-room dining team is amazing. Once I was out of the room and my mother needed to order a meal, and the team was sweet enough to communicate in our native language with my mother and she was absolutely delighted to have this gesture. This absolutely shows the amount of attention that is given to each and every guest as per their taste. Ms. Chandrima was amazingly helpful in all the matters when it came to in-room dining and she helped a lot in choosing the perfect dishes for us.

The Royal Afghan is a seaside, open-air restaurant. Though I badly wanted to try but got to know it stays closed from the month of June till the month of September due to the weather condition, maybe next time.

The buffet breakfast gets served at Pavillion. The breakfast spread is expansive and it's pretty obvious that you will not fall short of choices. If the venue gets filled up you get accommodated at Kebabs & Kurries for the breakfast which is just the adjoining restaurant.

Though most of The Luxury Collection properties do have "luxury hours" where you get an unlimited pour of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks with the sides, being a resort property, it doesn't offer the same, but you can alternatively get your drinks at Farol, a two-storied bar.

photo_2023-08-15 22.34.19.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.34.27.jpeg

ITC Grand Goa also does have Ollie’s Club, a club just for children, which is packed with interactive indoor and outdoor recreational activities. The club also has a toddlers section with plush toys. It's also a pet-friendly resort, so if you're planning to visit here with your loved pet, feel free to. Another unique perk of ITC Grand Goa is the pool, which is a two-storied pool with water slides and is boasted to be the resort property with the biggest pool area among all the hotels in Goa. If you're travelling with kids, the slides and pool are something you can see the little ones completely engaged with for hours. Oh yes, you can even order your favourite cocktail or mocktails from the poolside bar when your kids will be enjoying the pool and slides.

photo_2023-08-15 22.34.23.jpeg

photo_2023-08-15 22.34.18.jpeg

View attachment IMG_5691.mp4

View attachment IMG_5521.mp4

As we went during the time of monsoon, the beach is closed for a swim, though you can freely walk there under the supervision of lifeguards, and they can also do sitting arrangements if you want so. I would highly recommend staying at the beach during sunset if it's not raining too much at this time of monsoon. The sunset looks absolutely magical at Arossim Beach. If you come during the summer time or winter, there will be lots of food corners at the beach and you can do a lot of water activities as well.

View attachment IMG_5598.mp4

View attachment IMG_5526.mp4

View attachment IMG_5519.mp4

photo_2023-08-15 22.16.01.jpeg

If you're travelling for work purposes, there are 3 conference rooms. The conference rooms are decently sized with elevated floors and yes for those who want to go bonkers, these conference rooms have to hidden bars, which can be brought to life if you wish to. A picture of one of the conference rooms which was being prepared for a conference:

photo_2023-08-15 22.15.57.jpeg

As our journey comes to an end, I want to share some more pictures which make this property absolutely Magical. During dusk, Goa shines, and it shines brighter with ITC Grand Goa. If you go for a walk you can see the whole green lawn is filled with lamps, which is bliss and of course the beautiful sky during sunset which is something you don't want to miss at any cost, it gives the peaceful vibe of the Goan village.

Credit: RM10 from Points Dojo
Captured by Points Dojo Member Suhail (SM27)
View attachment IMG_5724.mp4

Like every other good thing in life, it had also come to an end. The memories which got created, the Goa we witnessed is something to be cherished for life. Whenever you have a great vacation, you feel like a part of yours is being left there and a part of that place is coming with you. The experience made me feel the same. I'm extremely grateful that I could have managed to have a vacation like this, the one which filled me with joy and unforgettable memories to be cherished for life. The amazing people at ITC Grand Goa made it possible for us. I just can't wait to get back here again.

So have you been to ITC Grand Goa yet or planning to? Let us know your experience and plans 😃

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Is it not a beach-side hotel?
It's. It has its own private beach area. Lap Pool & Jacuzzi Suites are not sea view inventories. There's Sea View Suite available but those are under renovation. The renovation will be completed by October 2023. It's going through a complete renovation. 2 out of 5 sections are done as of now

rohitnsync

TF Select
I am looking at the room rates of ITC Grand Goa. As of today, it's quite expensive October onwards till even June/July 2024. How sensible is it? Or have they simply kept it high to discourage advance booking? Any chance the rates will come down in the coming months?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
I am looking at the room rates of ITC Grand Goa. As of today, it's quite expensive October onwards till even June/July 2024. How sensible is it? Or have they simply kept it high to discourage advance booking? Any chance the rates will come down in the coming months?
From October the “season” at Goa starts and ends on June, thus inflated rate. Even if you check with any other properties, you can witness the same, especially from October, till March. And yes, sometimes price may get decreased a bit, not in huge margin if you check from a week prior from the date of stay

rohitnsync

TF Select
From October the “season” at Goa starts and ends on June, thus inflated rate. Even if you check with any other properties, you can witness the same, especially from October, till March. And yes, sometimes price may get decreased a bit, not in huge margin if you check from a week prior from the date of stay
I looked at the rates of Accor and Marriott. Most of their properties aren't displaying THIS steep a rise in rates during this Oct-Jun period. If this is how the trend would remain till coming June at Grand Goa, would you recommend transferring Green points to Bonvoy?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
I looked at the rates of Accor and Marriott. Most of their properties aren't displaying THIS steep a rise in rates during this Oct-Jun period. If this is how the trend would remain till coming June at Grand Goa, would you recommend transferring Green points to Bonvoy?
I'd still stick with ITC. The renovated Leela Palace, now The St. Regis Goa will cost around 4L with 5 nights of stay and ITC will cost around 1.8-1.9L with tax paid with GP

rohitnsync

TF Select
It's. It has its own private beach area. Lap Pool & Jacuzzi Suites are not sea view inventories. There's Sea View Suite available but those are under renovation. The renovation will be completed by October 2023. It's going through a complete renovation. 2 out of 5 sections are done as of now
Is the ongoing renovation posing a nuisance as such? Was it for you?

helloworld

TF Legend
@Subhankar or anyone has experience in this hotel, could you clarify below points?

- If we book the room without pre-payment option and

user has 2 ITC E-Hotels vouchers + some green points

A: Is it possible to pay at this hotel with all these options (2 vouchers + green points + remaining amount through card/cash)?

Any suggestions before going for this route?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@Subhankar or anyone has experience in this hotel, could you clarify below points?

- If we book the room without pre-payment option and

user has 2 ITC E-Hotels vouchers + some green points

A: Is it possible to pay at this hotel with all these options (2 vouchers + green points + remaining amount through card/cash)?

Any suggestions before going for this route?
Yes possible.

I paid using ITC green points + 2 ITC vouchers redeemed from SC Ultimate + 1 Gyftr voucher from Infinia + Credit Card. ITC Goa is quite liberal that way on payment methods and reception staff is well acquainted with all these nuances

helloworld

TF Legend
Yes possible.

I paid using ITC green points + 2 ITC vouchers redeemed from SC Ultimate + 1 Gyftr voucher from Infinia + Credit Card. ITC Goa is quite liberal that way on payment methods and reception staff is well acquainted with all these nuances

Thanks. When is the best time to pay, during check-in for hassle free (if they allowed) or check-out.?

Could you tell me the process, or things to note before doing that (I think we need to activate those vouchers) anything to make it smooth process?

Thanks again.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You just need to inform them that you will be paying via points and vouchers at the time of checkin. No need to pay at the time of checkin. Ideally you can pay on the previous night of checkout day. At that time reception will be least crowded. Few points to remember though

1. High value point redemption requires OTP. You may need to call ITC helpline and activate OTP sending. It was not enabled for me. I had done this during the stay and enabled email OTP. It is simple process, reception can guide you on this.
2. ITC Vouchers also need activation. Reception will tell you one number to send the activation sms to. I had activated almost 3-4 vouchers during checkout and this process also works seamlessly. Activation success sms comes within 1-2 min of you sending sms. Usually during night since there is ample time, it becomes easier

Overall process takes 10-15 mins but its not a hassle

manumaniac

TF Buzz
Guys ! In your opinion, what is the best was to book ITC. Multiple options :
1. ITC Buy 3 nights, pay for 2 via Infinia (Fri and Sat not included, so will need to book during weekends. Costs 55460)
2. Book from ITC app (and pay via gyftr vouchers Infinia/Amex. Costs ~77K)
3. Book from Smartbuy and use up my points (A tad bit Expensive. Costs ~77K. Will pay only 30%)
4. Book from Mariott Bonvoy app (158K Points... Tx points from AMEX)

helloworld

TF Legend
Guys ! In your opinion, what is the best was to book ITC. Multiple options :
1. ITC Buy 3 nights, pay for 2 via Infinia (Fri and Sat not included, so will need to book during weekends. Costs 55460)
2. Book from ITC app (and pay via gyftr vouchers Infinia/Amex. Costs ~77K)
3. Book from Smartbuy and use up my points (A tad bit Expensive. Costs ~77K. Will pay only 30%)
4. Book from Mariott Bonvoy app (158K Points... Tx points from AMEX)

you can better judgement with calculation, so I'm not saying anything about that.. but few points, IMO.

1. make sure intended hotel support Infinia or any payment method. not all ITC hotels, support all options. Like Infinia has few supported list, similarly ITC e-vouchers support only few hotels. Points mostly many hotels accept.

Based on that, look for the available best options (discounts and reward options for that card).

2. If points available and no nearby holiday or travel plans, do redeem those points first (A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned).

3. Finally with points look for the lowest possible options.

Btw, @sourpai or anyone, can we pay with points if we book Infinia 2+1 offer?

Last edited: