• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITC Denied Tax Payment Using Green Points

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently settled a bill at a WelcomHotel property, and they denied redeeming points for the tax part of the bill.

I booked an award night using green points and have always heard that Green Points can also be used to pay taxes.

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I recently settled a bill at a WelcomHotel property, and they denied redeeming points for the tax part of the bill.

I booked an award night using green points and have always heard that Green Points can also be used to pay taxes.

Oh it’s a bummer
I am having ITC stays next week and planning to settle all by green points only
Maybe next Thursday I can share my experience

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
On a side note, how exactly does payment using green points work? Do I give them my club itc member id(used to login) and then a OTP kind of confirmation?

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Please do let me know once you make the payment. Btw, did you book revenue or award?
Location which i booked is having fortune property which can’t be booked by award so I took revenue route and post booking spoke to property twice and they are happy to get paid by GP
Will confirm after check out on Thursday

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Location which i booked is having fortune property which can’t be booked by award so I took revenue route and post booking spoke to property twice and they are happy to get paid by GP
Will confirm after check out on Thursday
You are giving me info that makes me very happy :) I am not confident about doing international travel considering leave constraints for me and my wife. I felt Magnus ER aren't that useful domestically, but now realising that there are decent redemption options -

1. Accor 1:1
2. ITC (even dining) 1:1
3. Club Vistara (not very happy about it, as they don't service the routes i need)

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
You are giving me info that makes me very happy :) I am not confident about doing international travel considering leave constraints for me and my wife. I felt Magnus ER aren't that useful domestically, but now realising that there are decent redemption options -

3. Club Vistara (not very happy about it, as they don't service the routes i need)
All 1 to 3 real valid usage I can say
Club Vistara yes limited to metro that also once I saw Bangalore to Chennai that also no route
Krisflyer transfer best for international flights

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

interested in point no 2 - can we use ER points for dining only ? or it must be included to stay ?

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Including marriot ? How to use ? Sorry for asking too much but i recently went for a party and yes its a great joy but dont know how to use points and whether its allowed or not etc
Marriott Bonvoy u can’t use points to pay dining
ITC and Accor do permit that
Register for membership with all these loyalty programs and keep ur Edge Rewards transferred to the hotel subject to your spend plan and enjoy the treats:)
If you’re an Amex card user you can participate on spending based rewards where u can opt for taj vouchers which can be spent in taj properties

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Register for membership with all these loyalty programs and keep ur Edge Rewards transferred to the hotel subject to your spend plan and enjoy the treats:)
If you’re an Amex card user you can participate on spending based rewards where u can opt for taj vouchers which can be spent in taj properties
1) Just a normal membership ? Or with any CC ?
2) for AMEX - plain amex or ICICI sapphiro as well ?

so I can visit some ITC and Accor hotel and have dinner with Magnus edge rewards point transferred to their respective programs ?

HOME_CARDER

TF Select

You can try writing an email to their feedback team or just tag them on Twitter. I recently paid the entire tax amount for a week-long stay (booked through Green points) at a WelcomHotel property, and they had no issues.

It might happen that their server is down, which would prevent them from redeeming Green Points from your account instantly. I faced this issue once, but I asked for the front desk manager, and he completed the checkout process for me and arranged a call from their team for the OTP to redeem the green points once the server was back in operation.