• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue with Aadhaar OTP Generation

krishc

TF Ace
For couple of months, I'm not able to generate Aadhaar OTP. Initially I thought it was temporary login issue in MyAadhaar portal, as they keep having server downtimes and weird errors. But it has persisted, I've tried the ususal stuff like different browsers, clearing cookies and caches etc (plus same browsers are working for login for my family members but not for me).
I'd raised complaint at the myaadhaar portal but got no helpful resolution, they kept harping usual stupid copy-paste replies without trying to understand the real issue.
Now this is having more significant ramifications now as due to this I'm not able to login to Income Tax portal as well 😑😑😑
Last couple of months didn't need to do anything Aadhaar OTP verification related so didn't know this was gonna happen everywhere not just their own portal.
Now I'm shit scared as this means I'll not be able to avail any service that requires Aadhaar OTP verification including Income Tax Portal.
Yesterday, I raised complaint in CP-Grams portal against UIDAI although don't have high hopes from them.
Realistically what other options I have of resolving this problem ?
(If push comes to shove at the end, is legal action possible ?)

Last edited:

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
For couple of months, I'm not able to generate Aadhaar OTP. Initially I thought it was temporary login issue in MyAadhaar portal, as they keep having server downtimes and weird errors. But it has persisted, I've tried the ususal stuff like different browsers, clearing cookies and caches etc (plus same browsers are working for login for my family members but not for me).
I'd raised complaint at the myaadhaar portal but got no helpful resolution, they kept harping usual stupid copy-paste replies without trying to understand the real issue.
Now this is having more significant ramifications now as due to this I'm not able to login to Income Tax portal as well 😑😑😑
Last couple of months didn't need to do anything Aadhaar OTP verification related so didn't know this was gonna happen everywhere not just their own portal.
Now I'm shit scared as this means I'll not be able to avail any service that requires Aadhaar OTP verification including Income Tax Portal.
Yesterday, I raised complaint in PG-Grams portal against UIDAI although don't have high hopes from them.
On UIDAI website there is option to cross verify if your Mobile Number is actually linked to your Aadhaar.

Try it once, if it is showing linked to your Aadhar .

D₹V

TF Prestige
Yesterday, I raised complaint in CP-Grams portal against UIDAI although don't have high hopes from them.
Your number isn't clearly updated in system.

Happened with someone I know. His aadhar hadn't number linked so we did update the aadhar & number. It was successful but OTP wasn't coming & saying number isn't linked.

So I escalated that to 1947 & they took complaint. Within a month, the problem was solved.

So you should escalate on 1947 first, note down the complaint number.

For more here is the grievance mechanism: https://uidai.gov.in/en/contact-support/grievance-redressal.html

krishc

TF Ace
Your number isn't clearly updated in system.

Happened with someone I know. His aadhar hadn't number linked so we did update the aadhar & number. It was successful but OTP wasn't coming & saying number isn't linked.

So I escalated that to 1947 & they took complaint. Within a month, the problem was solved.

So you should escalate on 1947 first, note down the complaint number.

For more here is the grievance mechanism: https://uidai.gov.in/en/contact-support/grievance-redressal.html
man, I've received OTPs lots of time in the same number for years
this is not an issue in receiving OTP but generating it

Last edited:

krishc

TF Ace
anyway the issue got resolved finally.
turns out my aadhaar was somehow locked without me doing it,
and it needed virtual ID to unlock.
seems some system glitch that it happened.
so after unlocking, the first thing I did was to lock the biometrics, to be on the safe side.