• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there anyway to use lounge without ticket?

Souvik

TF Premier
I have credit cards with free lounge access but I do not travel. Is there anyway to use the lounge without a ticket?
Even when you request to enter the lounge and show your credit/debit card for complimentary access, they would seek your boarding pass.

2 months back, while I was travelling in an early morning flight, I was declined an immediate lounge access as I still had more than 2 hours to my flight. Bangalore Airport, the one that is outside city limits. So ticket/boarding pass is very much necessary.

The economics behind all these 'chintu' cards offering lounge access (which is quite costly otherwise) is that they know most of their customers would never fly, or even if some of them do it would be once or twice in a year max, so overall costs as a whole would be nothing extraordinary. No disrespect meant to anyone but this is how it works.

Last edited:

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier
Even when you request to enter the lounge and show your credit/debit card for complimentary access, they would seek your boarding pass.

2 months back, while I was travelling in an early morning flight, I was declined an immediate lounge access as I still had more than 2 hours to my flight. Bangalore Airport, the one that is outside city limits. So ticket/boarding pass is necessary.
Strange. A month ago, I had a flight at 9 AM from Mumbai International Airport & I checked in the lounge at around 6.30 AM or so, without any hassles.

Souvik

TF Premier
Strange. A month ago, I had a flight at 9 AM from Mumbai International Airport & I checked in the lounge at around 6.30 AM or so, without any hassles.
The beauty about Bangalore is that despite its high cost of living its meticulously mismanaged in most of the sectors including infra and facilities.

I am not sure how this restriction of 2 hours in domestic lounge came through, but this maybe aimed at keeping the footfall to a minimum considering limited space in the lounge and a queue that was overwhelming and many people had to go back like me.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

2 months back, while I was travelling in an early morning flight, I was declined an immediate lounge access as I still had more than 2 hours to my flight. Bangalore Airport, the one that is outside city limits. So ticket/boarding pass is very much necessary.

The economics behind all these 'chintu' cards offering lounge access (which is quite costly otherwise) is that they know most of their customers would never fly, or even if some of them do it would be once or twice in a year max, so overall costs as a whole would be nothing extraordinary. No disrespect meant to anyone but this is how it works.
It's weird that they won't allow you coz of more than two hours flight time. I mean are they expecting you to stay for less than 2 hours in lounge then rush through gate o_O