• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there any way to pay rent via debit card?

vak93

TF Buzz
I don't currently have a credit card that is suitable for making legitimate rent payments. I own several cards, including the MRCC, SBI Cashback, Kotak Signature, ICICI Apay, and HDFC Neu Plus, but none of them seem to be ideal for this purpose.

I'm wondering if it's possible to pay rent using a debit card. I have a City Bank debit card that offers a cashback of 0.67%, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with rent payments.

Other will opt for NEFT/IMPS?

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I don't currently have a credit card that is suitable for making legitimate rent payments. I own several cards, including the MRCC, SBI Cashback, Kotak Signature, ICICI Apay, and HDFC Neu Plus, but none of them seem to be ideal for this purpose.

I'm wondering if it's possible to pay rent using a debit card. I have a City Bank debit card that offers a cashback of 0.67%, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with rent payments.

Other will opt for NEFT/IMPS?
If you are sure you will get 0.67% cashback then you can pay via Redgiraffe + Payzapp. Fees incl of tax is 0.46%, so you will still be net positive of 0.21.
IMO, not worth the hassle. And this combination still gets reward points on many credit cards, so maybe use a CC for that.