• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Standard chartered Ultimate really worth ?

sauchadh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I see many of you hold Standard chartered Ultimate credit card. Is it really the worth ? 1st of all it is a paid card and we get equivalent 5000 points every year. Ofcourse GST we need to pay from our pocket. I see there are not many reward redemption option. Can someone throw light on this on how they redeem their points ? Are we getting an equivalent benefit in terms of fees we are paying ?
Also if you spend 150Rs you get 5 points. How about if someone spends less than 150 Rs would we still get points ? I am thinking if I should take this card or not . Any thoughts ?

Solution
SC ultimate is indeed really worth! 3.3% return on literally everything without any exclusion!! And u get reward points for every rs 30 spent!! Just a no nonsense card which everyone should have!! Fee u pay is just 900/- (for GST only, as u get equivalent 5000 reward points worth Rs 5000)-. Plus redemption catalogue is pretty vast. Not like infinia or DCB where u get 3.3% only over flights or hotel redemptions.
Use it where none of the card is giving benefits more than 3%.
My view, simply go for it!!

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What is the eligibility of SC ultimate? Got rejected with monthly income of ~2L gross and got rejected
I applied for many cards in the last one month though, might have pushed them to reject it :(

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What's the use for SC ultimate for you?
Any spends where my magnus / my cashback card / my wife's infinia don't give more than 1X benefit. Mostly offline POS transactions beyond monthly 1 lakh. It zeroes down to very few and rare transactions thus I never thought much of getting the SC Ultimate.

But off late I am in some frenzy to collect all possible LTF cards(or cards that don't cost much) - so ended up applying.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any spends where my magnus / my cashback card / my wife's infinia don't give more than 1X benefit. Mostly offline POS transactions beyond monthly 1 lakh. It zeroes down to very few and rare transactions thus I never thought much of getting the SC Ultimate.

But off late I am in some frenzy to collect all possible LTF cards(or cards that don't cost much) - so ended up applying.
But the points redemption is not much useful since all the useful vouches are left SC rewards.

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They rejected the application immediately online yesterday, now they called and asking me to take it. I am going to give it a pass after more research on this. The fact that no good redemption options remain is a bummer

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
They rejected the application immediately online yesterday, now they called and asking me to take it. I am going to give it a pass after more research on this. The fact that no good redemption options remain is a bummer
U r right
Croma was with scb portal for almost 8+ years which everyone of us will be having some electronic accessories requirements and on top of that scb used to give 5 to 10% discount on Tuesdays if we swipe scb cards at croma stores
Now it’s a loss of charm to stanC cards

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
U r right
Croma was with scb portal for almost 8+ years which everyone of us will be having some electronic accessories requirements and on top of that scb used to give 5 to 10% discount on Tuesdays if we swipe scb cards at croma stores
Now it’s a loss of charm to stanC cards
I can't imagine shopping in croma either, all my electronics purchases are online till date
I read old posts saying myntra and BB. Now that they aren't available either I will take a pass. Would have taken if It is LTF only now.