• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it worth getting DCB along with Magnus

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys.
I recently got a magnus and got an upgrade offer from Regalia to DCB at the same time. I am not a big spender every month plan to keep it 40-50k per month. Some months might have more than 1L spend but it will be unplanned. DCB is free for first year but then it is 10k per year. Is it worth?
Please suggest.

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The question you should ask yourself is: where/why would I prefer to use the DCB over the Magnus? HDFC does not offer points against the annual fee so you will need to hit the 5L annual spend mark with the DCB. So I don't I think a paid DCB is a good idea for most people with a Magnus unless you have a clear use-case identified (taking into account DCB acceptance issues, both offline and online). In which case, perhaps give up the Magnus...

maynigam

TF Premier
The question you should ask yourself is: where/why would I prefer to use the DCB over the Magnus? HDFC does not offer points against the annual fee so you will need to hit the 5L annual spend mark with the DCB. So I don't I think a paid DCB is a good idea for most people with a Magnus unless you have a clear use-case identified (taking into account DCB acceptance issues, both offline and online). In which case, perhaps give up the Magnus...
Thanks for the reply.
This is what I wanted to hear. Actually, upgrading from Regalia ti DCB was more of a emotional thing for me. Just wanted to rise above Regalia bcz everyone has a regalia these days and get denied lounge access at most lounges.
Reward rates are not great either.
But now I have Magnus which is much more superior! So no worries!
Also, would you advise pairing Magnus with any other credit card? Like Club vistara or SBI Cashback?

Pr@k

TF Select
Thanks for the reply.
This is what I wanted to hear. Actually, upgrading from Regalia ti DCB was more of a emotional thing for me. Just wanted to rise above Regalia bcz everyone has a regalia these days and get denied lounge access at most lounges.
Also, would you advise pairing Magnus with any other credit card? Like Club vistara or SBI Cashback?

If your Regalia is old enough and has a 10l limit there is the possibility of upgrading to infinia
There is a great thread on here documenting the process

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the reply.
For a spend of 40 to 50k per month , it’s not advised to take any other paid cards if you have paid Magnus . Better take some LTF cards from idfc , IndusInd , Icici and Kotak etc for the offers . Magnus will be your primary card .
Let alone DCB even an upgrade to paid infinnia now is not justified.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello guys.
I recently got a magnus and got an upgrade offer from Regalia to DCB at the same time. I am not a big spender every month plan to keep it 40-50k per month. Some months might have more than 1L spend but it will be unplanned. DCB is free for first year but then it is 10k per year. Is it worth?
Please suggest.
It’s FYF Go for it, after 1 Year you can decide to close it.
You can raise one question, what will happen to your limit?
So for that, you can take HDFC Tata neu Card card, which you will get easily LTF.

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the reply.

I would hesitate to call Magnus superior. This is a user-dependent statement: if you primarily travel domestic and not too often, I think DCB (and Infinia) are 'simpler' cards since redemptions are straightforward and do not require too much planning. Magnus has very good travel partners but the value you extract from it will depend on the quantum of homework you put in.

You should examine your spending patterns before picking a combination that works for you.

(Vistara cards work well for people based in Delhi and Mumbai but the Vistara network is not compelling outside these cities)

maynigam

TF Premier
It’s FYF Go for it, after 1 Year you can decide to close it.
You can raise one question, what will happen to your limit?
So for that, you can take HDFC Tata neu Card card, which you will get easily LTF.
Terms and conditions say that it is not possible to downgrade once upgraded

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hello guys.
Please suggest.
If ur existing regalia is ltf u can get dcb also ltf but you’ve to put lot of effort

suhailmz

TF Premier
@maynigam I recently tried upgrading my Regalia to DCB but was declined as my limit was less than 5 lakh. I then got Magnus. Now when HDFC has increased my limit to 7 lakh, I have an option to upgrade to DCB, but I don’t I will do that. What I rather did is get my Regalia converted to LTF! I will use Magnus for a year, evaluate if it’s really worth for me. If it’s not, I will close it and try for Infinia 1 year down the line.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Terms and conditions say that it is not possible to downgrade once upgrade
Terms and conditions say that it is not possible to downgrade once upgraded
Don’t have to Downgrade, get the DCB after that get Tata Neu, you can get One core Card and One cobranded Card. With sharing limit and After one year if you decide to close the DCB “ which I believe you will not after using it” you can close DCB and Still Same same limit on your Tata Neu.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
@maynigam I recently tried upgrading my Regalia to DCB but was declined as my limit was less than 5 lakh. I then got Magnus. Now when HDFC has increased my limit to 7 lakh, I have an option to upgrade to DCB, but I don’t I will do that. What I rather did is get my Regalia converted to LTF! I will use Magnus for a year, evaluate if it’s really worth for me. If it’s not, I will close it and try for Infinia 1 year down the line.
My regalia 9 months old stuck at 3l how did u get 7l limit?

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
my last LE from HDFC was a few days after statement was generated and i had spent 75%+ of my limit

but with Magnus now i dont see that happening anytime soon with my infinia
Axis my lucky charm I got 140% LE
Original card approved for 2.07 l then all months I used for around 1.5lac so on 4th month I gave payslip and got 5lac limit last week