• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to apply IPO using Sweep-in FD?

Jack007

TF Buzz
I just was about to make a FD and also did apply for few IPO's recently. So this thought came to my mind if we can use the Sweep-in Fixed Deposits to Fund IPO's? I tried searching for it but could only find on HDFC's website that they don't allow it. Does anyone have any experience with it or any ideas if other banks allow it or not?

sumitlehri

TF Buzz
I just was about to make a FD and also did apply for few IPO's recently. So this thought came to my mind if we can use the Sweep-in Fixed Deposits to Fund IPO's? I tried searching for it but could only find on HDFC's website that they don't allow it. Does anyone have any experience with it or any ideas if other banks allow it or not?
did you get any info regarding this

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It should work fine. If you issue check with only sweep in amount in account, it gets passed and amount gets deducted. Same will work in IPO. If you get allocation, the amount will be debited and sweep in will be broken. Better to keep some less amount in sweep in and not to touch it, else in the longer run, with too many break ins and penalties, it's net loss as compared to even normal saving interest rates. There have been nice articles on these. So sweep in should be only for that amount which ideally should not get broken IMO.

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nope.
It has to be from Savings Account only.😤😤
And that too which is registered with Demat Broker.
Sweep In creates FD Account!!😑😑

For IPO, it cannot be broken itself, you have to manually break it and thereafter you can apply!!😀😀

Jack007

TF Buzz
Nope.
It has to be from Savings Account only.😤😤
And that too which is registered with Demat Broker.
Sweep In creates FD Account!!😑😑

For IPO, it cannot be broken itself, you have to manually break it and thereafter you can apply!!😀😀
Yeah, but there's a few banks that allow you to do this. Have been using them and received allotment as well.