• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Is HDFC pulling a fast one on me? Need advice!

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hello fellow members! From this forum itself, we all have seen numerous people getting tricked by HDFC liberally using the term LTF. I want to be better prepared this time. In my pre-approved offers section, the infamous “LTF card” banner popped up. I clicked on the link only to find that it was indeed lifetime free, but I had to spend a particular amount(4L for Regalia Gold) every single year. I’m not sure I would probably spend that amount with a card that I personally don’t find very rewarding. So I just let it be. But then, I received a call from an agent claiming that it was actually LTF without any preset conditions. So I asked him to send that in writing, for which he now did. I have posted screenshots of the offer I received and as well as the confirmatory mail with this thread. So do you think I should trust the agent and apply for the card? If yes, what is the course of action I should take if I were to be charged the joining fees? I would highly appreciate your opinions on this post.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6512.png
    IMG_6512.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_6507.jpeg
    IMG_6507.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Why is there no law against these guys claiming to be from the company? RBI should be putting a fine on banks for this Indian and shady behaviour..
Today got a call from random number saying "Sir mai Axis bank ke taraf se bol rahi hu". When I said you're from 3rd party, why you claiming to be from Axis bank. She said "Maine bola bank k taraf se bol rahi hu, bank se ni".

This is how they play with words.

Today got a call from random number saying "Sir mai Axis bank ke taraf se bol rahi hu". When I said you're from 3rd party, why you claiming to be from Axis bank. She said "Maine bola bank k taraf se bol rahi hu, bank se ni".

Inhone mujhe bahut baar bola hai "Haan sir main xyz back se hi hoon".
Then as I ask them to email me everything that they're saying is when they come they're 3rd party..

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello fellow members! From this forum itself, we all have seen numerous people getting tricked by HDFC liberally using the term LTF. I want to be better prepared this time. In my pre-approved offers section, the infamous “LTF card” banner popped up. I clicked on the link only to find that it was indeed lifetime free, but I had to spend a particular amount(4L for Regalia Gold) every single year. I’m not sure I would probably spend that amount with a card that I personally don’t find very rewarding. So I just let it be. But then, I received a call from an agent claiming that it was actually LTF without any preset conditions. So I asked him to send that in writing, for which he now did. I have posted screenshots of the offer I received and as well as the confirmatory mail with this thread. So do you think I should trust the agent and apply for the card? If yes, what is the course of action I should take if I were to be charged the joining fees? I would highly appreciate your opinions on this post.
Thanks!
The mail from the bank has confirmed that it's indeed LTF. Good to go. The offer screenshot only spoke about spend based waiver.

talkwithfino

TF Premier

Mujhe wo 3 idiots ka dialogue yaad aaya

Librarian-Arre director sahab ne toh mujhe nhi bulaya
................Bulaya thodi tha Dubey ji. Maine bola yaad kiya😂

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Thanks!
on the email they haven't mentioned 'unconditional' LTF . they do this every time. and there is no record of what they explained to you 'over call'.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
So did you manage to get it LTF?
I didn't take that risk, as there was much confusion and even RM was giving generic responses on the email, not clearly mentioning unconditional Ltf despite telling me over call.

I do have an Ltf DCB now, but through alumni program.

in your case, they have clearly mentioned it is a 4lac spend based waiver.

as I say, HDFC defines LTF differently.

sNiKz

TF Buzz
I received the same mail today. (y)
Hi @CARDBITRAGE could you tell us the whole process till you got your card as LTF? Did you apply through that DAP portal itself?

Because I am getting a call from a Credit card guy in HDFC branch in my city and he is promising to give me Regalia Gold as LTF and on repeated calls he has made from the branch's RM as well and promised to get this card as LTF (on my netbanking portal, the card is shown as paid card). I have all the proofs on call recording where he and his bank RM has promised to provide the card as LTF (and there names as well as branch of HDFC). But they back off when I ask for a email confirmation from their official email handle, hence I am reluctant to proceed.
They are also mentioning that if there are any charges after I avail the card and use it, I can come to branch and they will revert it.

I am still pressing for the email confirmation from their side as for now I only have verbal confirmations and call recordings.

Can anyone else advice on whether I should proceed or give up?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hi @CARDBITRAGE could you tell us the whole process till you got your card as LTF? Did you apply through that DAP portal itself?

Because I am getting a call from a Credit card guy in HDFC branch in my city and he is promising to give me Regalia Gold as LTF and on repeated calls he has made from the branch's RM as well and promised to get this card as LTF (on my netbanking portal, the card is shown as paid card). I have all the proofs on call recording where he and his bank RM has promised to provide the card as LTF (and there names as well as branch of HDFC). But they back off when I ask for a email confirmation from their official email handle, hence I am reluctant to proceed.
They are also mentioning that if there are any charges after I avail the card and use it, I can come to branch and they will revert it.

I am still pressing for the email confirmation from their side as for now I only have verbal confirmations and call recordings.

Can anyone else advice on whether I should proceed or give up?
No idea how I got it. I hold a very high SA balance in HDFC, so maybe they offered it to me. I had a pre-approved offer in my net banking. Soon after I received a call from my branch and they said they could issue it LTF for me, and I didn't question them. I was extremely busy at the time so I didn't want to take the card at that moment. But the agent said it would take 5 minutes of my time and I could do it by myself on the DAP portal, so I did that. I like to work the old-fashioned way by taking it in writing. If you are convinced you can fight with them with just the call recordings, then go ahead.

sNiKz

TF Buzz
No idea how I got it. I hold a very high SA balance in HDFC, so maybe they offered it to me. I had a pre-approved offer in my net banking. Soon after I received a call from my branch and they said they could issue it LTF for me, and I didn't question them. I was extremely busy at the time so I didn't want to take the card at that moment. But the agent said it would take 5 minutes of my time and I could do it by myself on the DAP portal, so I did that. I like to work the old-fashioned way by taking it in writing. If you are convinced you can fight with them with just the call recordings, then go ahead.
Ohh okay, Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will keep asking them for the mail, if they are not able to provide then I would just leave it and move on.