• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Is HDFC pulling a fast one on me? Need advice!

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hello fellow members! From this forum itself, we all have seen numerous people getting tricked by HDFC liberally using the term LTF. I want to be better prepared this time. In my pre-approved offers section, the infamous “LTF card” banner popped up. I clicked on the link only to find that it was indeed lifetime free, but I had to spend a particular amount(4L for Regalia Gold) every single year. I’m not sure I would probably spend that amount with a card that I personally don’t find very rewarding. So I just let it be. But then, I received a call from an agent claiming that it was actually LTF without any preset conditions. So I asked him to send that in writing, for which he now did. I have posted screenshots of the offer I received and as well as the confirmatory mail with this thread. So do you think I should trust the agent and apply for the card? If yes, what is the course of action I should take if I were to be charged the joining fees? I would highly appreciate your opinions on this post.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6512.png
    IMG_6512.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_6507.jpeg
    IMG_6507.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
The offer you got from actual HDFC is definitely not LTF. Its spend based waiver.

Please check if the email from agent came from official hdfc bank email ID or not. If it is, then you can proceed and claim LTF later on.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
As per your preapproved section in first screenshot, it is spend based fee reversal card...

Nowing coming to 2nd screenshot, Kindly show from where you have got the mail...then only we will tell whether it is genuine from Hdfc or outside hdfc..You hide your mail and show sender one here to come on any conclusion.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Hello fellow members! From this forum itself, we all have seen numerous people getting tricked by HDFC liberally using the term LTF. I want to be better prepared this time. In my pre-approved offers section, the imfamous “LTF card” banner popped up. I clicked on the link only to find that it was indeed lifetime free, but I had to spend a particular amount(4L for Regalia Gold) every single year. I’m not sure I would probably spend that amount with a card that I personally don’t find very rewarding. So I just let it be. But then, I received a call from an agent claiming that it was actually LTF without any preset conditions. So I asked him to send that in writing, for which he now did. I have posted screenshots of the offer I received and as well as the confirmatory mail with this thread. So do you think I should trust the agent and apply for the card? If yes, what is the course of action I should take if I were to be charged the joining fees? I would highly appreciate your options on this post.
Thanks!
I already suggested you the same thing in another thread, that if the mail is from official HDFC email ID just apply and if anything happens you always have proof.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
The offer you got from actual HDFC is definitely not LTF. Its spend based waiver.

Please check if the email from agent came from official hdfc bank email ID or not. If it is, then you can proceed.
It is an official email id namexyz@hdfcbank.com
But again the email doesn't specify the LTF criteria. They can just claim that it was LTF based on spends. So I have asked the agent to send another mail specifying that it is LTF without any conditions. :LOL:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
It is an official email id namexyz@hdfcbank.com
But again the email doesn't specify the LTF criteria. They can just claim that it was LTF based on spends. So I have asked the agent to send another mail specifying that it is LTF without any conditions. :LOL:
Yeah that is from official email ID. LTF means LTF on mail. If they had specified special criteria then only we can take any other meaning from this. Keeping this mail as proof, you can definitely convert your card into LTF.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
You already have proof if it's from an official email. But nothing stopping you from emailing them again.
He just wants to ensure, as he received two emails. One email was system-generated, which indicated a spend-based waiver, while the other email was from an employee using the official mail ID. Confirming the details won't cause any harm since he wants to avoid the hassle of proving it was a lifetime free card from the beginning. I understand his need for clarification.

He just wants to ensure, as he received two emails. One email was system-generated, which indicated a spend-based waiver, while the other email was from an employee using the official mail ID. Confirming the details won't cause any harm since he wants to avoid the hassle of proving it was a lifetime free card from the beginning. I understand his need for clarification.
Yes i adjusted do the same. Get multiple written emails confirming my cards are LTF. Never trust these slimy banks.