• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is CRED a scam?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has anyone won anything more significant than ₹3-5 in cashback? Like they have some slots jackpots for laptops, iphones, etc. And the winners are never listed or announced anywhere afaik.

Users are giving away their data on spending/credit etc for such ridiculously low rewards. Its like we dont value our own privacy !
Noob question. What is the harm if our spending/credit data is sold to marketers? AFAIK, it will enable better offers from them. Using google searches and social media leads to data mining of the same sort.

roshancc

TF Premier
I had been using Cred from 2019 to 2023, but it gradually became useless to me as I experienced multiple payment failures amounting to six digits. The customer service representatives suggested that I arrange the six-digit figures myself and pay manually to avoid any negative impact on my credit score and additional interest charges. This made me very frustrated.

Later on, I discovered that during the same period, several users on social media were also complaining about being a part of the startup ecosystem. My conclusion was that the platform was showing inflated credit inflows to make money and attract more venture capital funding.

Based on my observations, I speculate that as the availability of easy startup funding decreases in 2023, Cred might have to hold on to the money for a more extended period to generate interest income for themselves.

Avid_snake

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have got some offers like 150 CB on using Credpay in Swiggy. Have used them also successfully. So even if there is no rewards or very low reward now, as such keeping Cred for such offers

Also never gave access to statement and email in Cred. Used it just as a mode to pay

rogerthat

TF Ace
I see people have lakhs and even crores of CRED coins. So what do you do with them? What's the value of the coins? Never used CRED because of their shady data practices and never will, but curious to find out. Has anyone done anything substantial with CRED coins?

CARDiologist

TF Select
What card do u use when u pay via paytm?? For me i dont use cred for sbi and bob as it always fails after 3 or 4 days hold
How often do you face this issue?
As I am paying mine & my father's sbi credit card bills from last 1year & didn't face any issue.The payment transfer seems to be instant though SBICARD takes time to update it in their database.

It will be helpful if you share your experience further?

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even I want to uninstall Cred but find it convenient to pay card bills. Plus I have some investments in Cred Mint, which I can liquidate. Any other way of quickly credit card bills? Phonepe is annoying and keeps showing reminder pop ups for each card.

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have 30Lakh coins every month bill paid of 2-4Lakh. Never got more than 50.

bhai chindi hai cred wale. don't use it. use paytm. i prefer it more. every month some or the other offer is there for every 1L I get around 1000+ back - so 1+% rate is there flat cashback..
Please enlighten how you use Paytm to earn paytm balance?

Tejo

TF Legend
Has anyone won anything more significant than ₹3-5 in cashback? Like they have some slots jackpots for laptops, iphones, etc. And the winners are never listed or announced anywhere afaik.
The God knows about their offer benefits.

I'm using cred currently for only to pay 1k cc bill 🤣🤣

Last edited:

kishorvr

TF Premier
I have stopped using cred a long time ago and use paytm . They don't give cashback but payments are fast
I stopped and uninstalled Cred after I found that a headphone after giving away Cred coins was the same price as the discounted offer on Flipkart. Many have called out the difference in pricing on their 'vacations.' The rooms listed was cheaper booking separately than Cred. I have around 6 lakh+ coins and I don't know what to use it for.

Tejo

TF Legend
I stopped and uninstalled Cred after I found that a headphone after giving away Cred coins was the same price as the discounted offer on Flipkart. Many have called out the difference in pricing on their 'vacations.' The rooms listed was cheaper booking separately than Cred. I have around 6 lakh+ coins and I don't know what to use it for.
try mobikwik with hdfc, indus, rbl+ cards