• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is CRED a scam?

theglobalinvestor

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Has anyone won anything more significant than ₹3-5 in cashback? Like they have some slots jackpots for laptops, iphones, etc. And the winners are never listed or announced anywhere afaik.

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How much you pay cc bill montly ?
80 k fixed, (2-3 k to 50 k additional depending on adhoc expenses). i registered on redgirrafe on 2018. Looking at payzapp patch, that will stop now( around 25 k, 30 k to continue if no charges from hdfc)

Apart from rent payment, my expenses are around 30-40 k per month that goes on cc.

neo.puneet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm using CRED since Feb 2019 and in 2019, they used to give 1000rs cashback randomly, i got it 3-4 times, i used to split the bill into 1k payments and used to get 15-20 scratch cards for 15-20k payments. Total cashback is 11,324 rs till now but most of them are from 2019. Even my friends and family members got 1k cashback back then. :D

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Yes, CRED is a scam.

But they are not scamming you, they are scamming their investors.

For users, they give nothing, they take nothing, so not a scam.

For investors, they have raised 100s of millions of $, and have nothing to show for it.

They still don't have product market fit, because they don't have a vision of a product.
1-2 years later they will launch the ipo(with crazy high valuation , super high p/e ratio)afterwards the vc will dump all the share into the public after the lock-in period.
-almost every Indian startup story.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
It's bill payments provider + bookings+ monile wallet + payments bank + payment aggregator + merchant service providers + ads, promotion.

Via partnership :- (because it's just payments bank)
Pay later, loans, credit card
Cred -
1. Bill payment
2. UPI
3. Ecom (not compatative)
4. P2P (mint)
5. Loan ( don't know the name)
6. Travel booking.
And i think kunal shah have some plan to new product as well

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Way back in 2019, I once got Rs 1000.
Cashbacks these days aren't worth it much, I pay some of the bills now on Paytm. Tried Mobikwik a couple of times and Amazon every now and then. Must say Cred has been the fastest in terms of crediting to card.... The coins surely are just a joke!
Use Cred UPI some times when there is no chance of card payment, and this is a good time to use it as they are trying to capture market. Don't get much offers on GPay/PhonePe/Paytm/Amazon these days and I've had a bad experience with Mobikwik UPI. So use Cred more often than not.
But I've slowed on that and returned to GP/Paytm of late, as I am using my Rupay card on merchant UPI transactions. Hope Cred would soon have the ability to support Rupay CC on UPI.