• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

International Travel Information to banks regarding international trip

Chiraggyl

TF Buzz
Hi All,

I am going bali in may24. I read somewhere that some banks rejects international transaction due to security reasons and some banks allow to inform them prior so they don't reject your transaction on those dates.
I am planning to take following cards. Let me know if anyone knows if these banks allow us to create international travel plan.
  • Fi Scapia credit card
  • RBL world safari credit card
  • Fi - Debit card
  • Indie visa signature card
  • One Card(SBM Bank)

Chiraggyl

TF Buzz
Why would a card that provides zero forex markup refuse your international transactions?
Not sure, But I saw users reporting cards not working and sometimes works after 2-3 tries or changing to swipe vs tap and pay.
I found option in SBI to create international travel plan where you can mention country and dates. If others don't have may be they won't reject :)

telescope

TF Ace
Hi All,

I am going bali in may24. I read somewhere that some banks rejects international transaction due to security reasons and some banks allow to inform them prior so they don't reject your transaction on those dates.
I am planning to take following cards. Let me know if anyone knows if these banks allow us to create international travel plan.
  • Fi Scapia credit card
  • Fi - Debit card
  • One Card(SBM Bank)
The cards you mentioned here you can use directly. Except few banks, most do not have any mechanism where you can inform them before your trip.

Hdfc, sbi cc etc have option for informing them.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

• Fi Scapia credit card
  • Fi - Debit card
  • One Card(SBM Bank)
Bali is mini India
And currency is too low

Withdraw money and use cash.
Unless u buying gadgets or paying at 5star hotel's or
Having a Flight booking.

Look at ways to avoid scam in Bali .

Chiraggyl

TF Buzz
Bali is mini India
And currency is too low

Withdraw money and use cash.
Unless u buying gadgets or paying at 5star hotel's or
Having a Flight booking.

Look at ways to avoid scam in Bali .
Yup, heard many scam stories.. that’s why thinking for atm withdrawal and will try to turn off international transactions after withdrawals

telescope

TF Ace
Yup, heard many scam stories.. that’s why thinking for atm withdrawal and will try to turn off international transactions after withdrawals
I don't know if you are planning to withdraw cash from atm with indie dc. If yes, then keep in mind that transaction were getting failed for withdrawal of more than 2 lakh rupiah at a time. There is a bug in indie backend which I reported to them. No idea if that's fixed now.

Also avoid commonwealth bank ATM and any ATM within supermarkets. Those are risky as well as charges extra without informing.

Chiraggyl

TF Buzz
I don't know if you are planning to withdraw cash from atm with indie dc. If yes, then keep in mind that transaction were getting failed for withdrawal of more than 2 lakh rupiah at a time. There is a bug in indie backend which I reported to them. No idea if that's fixed now.

Also avoid commonwealth bank ATM and any ATM within supermarkets. Those are risky as well as charges extra without informing.
2 lakhs.. 😧.. bali atms allow max 3 million Rp.. i.e, 15.4k at a time..

Although i have booked everything through mmt so don’t require much of cash.. just food and shopping

telescope

TF Ace

Although i have booked everything through mmt so don’t require much of cash.. just food and shopping
Yes bug in their system. I was fed up withdrawing 1 lakh each time. More than 2 lakh rupiah it was giving error "daily limit exceeded".

Indie programmars generically set the cash withdrawal limit as 2 lakh without considering currency exchange rates.

I tried to tell indie about the problem but those dimwits act clueless what I am talking about. They just give generic response such as reset pin, must be network issue try again etc etc.

Mandiri ATMs are good and do not charge anything from their side. There is one at the arrival hall after customs and lots of them in the island. Avoid commonwealth bank.

telescope

TF Ace

Can you kindly do one thing for me. Try to withdraw 3 lakh rupiah and above and tell that same problem is still there? It'll be helpful for my future trips.