• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

International lounge access for kids?

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I know domestic lounges don't bother name match but international lounges do. And kids cannot get addon cards. Then how do we get kids to go with family in international lounges without having reserve, magnus or amex plat cards? I heard atlas has this option even for intl lounges, not verified. Any other card suggestions for this purpose?

zaid_2913

TF Premier
I know domestic lounges don't bother name match but international lounges do. And kids cannot get addon cards. Then how do we get kids to go with family in international lounges without having reserve, magnus or amex plat cards? I heard atlas has this option even for intl lounges, not verified. Any other card suggestions for this purpose?
In my personal experience, children under 8 years old are typically allowed into lounges without needing a separate swipe card. Lounge access is usually granted based on the access of the accompanying husband and wife. I have traveled numerous times with my family and have never encountered any problems regarding lounge access for children. As long as the husband and wife have access, it is usually considered sufficient for the entire family to enter the lounge.

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In my personal experience, children under 8 years old are typically allowed into lounges without needing a separate swipe card. Lounge access is usually granted based on the access of the accompanying husband and wife. I have traveled numerous times with my family and have never encountered any problems regarding lounge access for children. As long as the husband and wife have access, it is usually considered sufficient for the entire family to enter the lounge.
That was totally new information to me, thanks! Any idea to make it work for a bit older than 8 kids as getting addon cards for family under 18 is ruled out by every bank. Heard rumours that Infinia priority pass allows free guest access but not sure if that is true.

zaid_2913

TF Premier
That was totally new information to me, thanks! Any idea to make it work for a bit older than 8 kids as getting addon cards for family under 18 is ruled out by every bank. Heard rumours that Infinia priority pass allows free guest access but not sure if that is true.
Magnus has 8 guest visit access and also IDFC wealth have 3 visits for companions.

Attachments

• IMG_5970.jpeg
    IMG_5970.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 26

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Magnus has 8 guest visit access and also IDFC wealth have 3 visits for companions.
Idfc is only for domestic as far as i know. Magnus PP i know has guest but getting magnus for just this purpose is not VFM which is why I excluded Magnus and Reserve in the first post.

zaid_2913

TF Premier
Idfc is only for domestic as far as i know. Magnus PP i know has guest but getting magnus for just this purpose is not VFM which is why I excluded Magnus and Reserve in the first post.
Yea better to wait for INFINIA holders to respond on your query.

aswin2cool

TF Buzz
In my case during my recent visit to Dubai with my family, the lounge operator was insisting to charge for my kid of age 6 years as guest entry. But in India i never faced any issue for my kid. So it looks like it entirely depends on the lounge and the crowd.

Unfortunately there is no definite answer AFAIK. I have been to Mauritius, Singapore, Dubai and Abu Dhabi lounges with my 1.5-3 year old kid and only in Dubai lounge I was asked about his age. They wanted to know if he was above 3 years to decide to charge or not.

Secondly, to answer your question specifically allow children as long as parents have access.
Some do ask you to swipe extra for them. This swipe itself can be 2 ways - some ask you to swipe as a guest on your existing card and some are ok with using any other card of the parents to swipe [basically you need 3 cards in this case].

One thing that always works in such cases is just being nice and polite to the lounge staff at the reception.

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Unfortunately there is no definite answer AFAIK. I have been to Mauritius, Singapore, Dubai and Abu Dhabi lounges with my 1.5-3 year old kid and only in Dubai lounge I was asked about his age. They wanted to know if he was above 3 years to decide to charge or not.

Secondly, to answer your question specifically allow children as long as parents have access.
Some do ask you to swipe extra for them. This swipe itself can be 2 ways - some ask you to swipe as a guest on your existing card and some are ok with using any other card of the parents to swipe [basically you need 3 cards in this case].

One thing that always works in such cases is just being nice and polite to the lounge staff at the reception.
If they allow swiping another of my card without insisting on adding as guest to card i swiped, it's a great option. I'll try to be nice and polite for them to agree on that option. It's only guest access on card which is the difficult option as there are limited cards for that without being charged

Last edited: