• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia with Tata Neu Infinity is not possible?

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I checked with the HDFC credit card products team and learned that a person can't hold two super premium credit cards. Is it true for everyone else trying to get Tata Neu's infinity?

The reply from HDFC:

As per policy, 2 super premium card is not allow to one customer.

You can opt for tata neu plus with infinia.

But tata infinity + infinia, won't be able to process.

Regards

18 may 2023 Update:
The same guy now told if you apply from tata neu app you can get this card but hdfc cant initiate the process from there end.

Last edited:

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
What is happening to HDFC? Of late, can see a lot of PSB-like behaviour from them! My Tata Neu Infinity card took more than 3 weeks to process despite me being an existing HDFC customer. They refused to process my VKYC saying they can't do the same for a blind person and insisted on an offline KYC. This is when I faced no major difficulty in processing my Millenia 3 years ago. And I did VKYC without drama for SCB, Amex and IDFC First as well! Covid seems to have done real damage to them. Or is it the ban!? When on earth has Infinity become a Super-Premium card!?

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What is happening to HDFC? Of late, can see a lot of PSB-like behaviour from them! My Tata Neu Infinity card took more than 3 weeks to process despite me being an existing HDFC customer. They refused to process my VKYC saying they can't do the same for a blind person and insisted on an offline KYC. This is when I faced no major difficulty in processing my Millenia 3 years ago. And I did VKYC without drama for SCB, Amex and IDFC First as well! Covid seems to have done real damage to them. Or is it the ban!? When on earth has Infinity become a Super-Premium card!?
Think they have more lakeer ke fakeer executives probably. While I was delighted that they approved my upgarde to Infinia from Regalia in less than a week but Tata Neu Infinity took more than 4 weeks for just one 'auto debit certificate'.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Even PSBs treat you much better these days. HDFC hasn't even credited me the cashback for the Starbucks offer on Rupay UPI Cards. It's 40 days now. While, at the same time most of the PSBs credited the cashback in less than 10 days. HDFC is living in a bubble it seems.

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I checked with the HDFC credit card products team and learned that a person can't hold two super premium credit cards. Is it true for everyone else trying to get Tata Neu's infinity?

The reply from HDFC:

18 may 2023 Update:
The same guy now told if you apply from tata neu app you can get this card but hdfc cant initiate the process from there end.
Correct me if I am wrong, but HDFC is not, in parallel, directly sourcing or initiating the application of Tata Neu cards.

Scenario 1: If one already holds HDFC Infinia, then he/she can check and apply for Tata Neu Plus / Infinity through Tata Neu App. Hence, a person can hold Tata Neu Infinity after already being issued HDFC Infinia card.

Scenario 2: If one already holds HDFC credit card (other than Infinia), then he/she can check and apply for Tata Neu Plus / Infinity through Tata Neu App. However, HDFC may be well within its rights to refuse the upgrade of that other existing credit card to Infinia citing already issued Tata Neu Infinity (as they may count that towards super premium card).

Scenario 3: If one does not hold any HDFC credit card, hen he/she can check and apply for Tata Neu Plus / Infinity through Tata Neu App as a new customer. However, HDFC may not process application for another card or it may refuse issuance of Infinia citing already issued Tata Neu Infinity (as they may count that towards super premium card).

I doubt if anyone got Infinia as second card after having being issued Tata Neu Infinity as the first card.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Correct me if I am wrong, but HDFC is not, in parallel, directly sourcing or initiating the application of Tata Neu cards.

Scenario 1: If one already holds HDFC Infinia, then he/she can check and apply for Tata Neu Plus / Infinity through Tata Neu App. Hence, a person can hold Tata Neu Infinity after already being issued HDFC Infinia card.

Scenario 2: If one already holds HDFC credit card (other than Infinia), then he/she can check and apply for Tata Neu Plus / Infinity through Tata Neu App. However, HDFC may be well within its rights to refuse the upgrade of that other existing credit card to Infinia citing already issued Tata Neu Infinity (as they may count that towards super premium card).

Scenario 3: If one does not hold any HDFC credit card, hen he/she can check and apply for Tata Neu Plus / Infinity through Tata Neu App as a new customer. However, HDFC may not process application for another card or it may refuse issuance of Infinia citing already issued Tata Neu Infinity (as they may count that towards super premium card).

I doubt if anyone got Infinia as second card after having being issued Tata Neu Infinity as the first card.

Having both is possible. Its just there gimmicks

Infinia is a super premium card - Yes
Tata Neu infinity is a super premium card - No, never, not possible
Rewarding - yes, but not a super premium card

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Having both is possible. Its just there gimmicks
Equally important for members to understand is 'how' is it possible to have both. As far as I know, one can have both if the person holds Infinia first and Tata Neu later. I do not know anyone who first held Tata Neu as first card and later got Infinia as the second card. So, having both may not be possible for all, especially for those who have got Tata Neu before Infinia.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

HDFC is issuing Neu Cards even if one is holding any other HDFC. So other cards be it Infinia can be issued even if one is already holding a Neu Card.

s73uresh

TF Select
Tata Neu Infinity is not a Super Premium card. I won't even rate it as premium. I have Infina and had applied for LTF Tata Neu Infinity after the LTF offer. I basically applied (Rupay version) to link it to UPI as Rupay BoB card is still not being linked to UPI . Yesterday got the card approved and today after generation of PIN have linked it to UPI. The physical card has still not been dispatched.
Recently a week before Bob cc is enabled for UPI in paytm, phonepe, mobikwik and Gpay

s73uresh

TF Select
HDFC is issuing Neu Cards even if one is holding any other HDFC. So other cards be it Infinia can be issued even if one is already holding a Neu Card.
The question is sequence of holding both tata neu and other hdfc cards. I had regalia cc for last 2 yrs and this April i applied tata neu cc and got it. But is the reverse of this is allowed and got tata neu as first hdfc cc and then got other hdfc card

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The question is sequence of holding both tata neu and other hdfc cards. I had regalia cc for last 2 yrs and this April i applied tata neu cc and got it. But is the reverse of this is allowed and got tata neu as first hdfc cc and then got other hdfc card
The sequence shouldn't be a problem as HDFC in principle is Neu cards as a second card. Now the question arises that will Tata Neu card be treated as secondary card or primary card once you get the second card.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
First of all, the Tata Neu series of cards are co-branded. Infinia on the other hand is their flagship, core credit card. I don't think holding infinity makes you ineligible for an Infinia. I don't think any bank treats co-branded cards as super premium cards. Correct me if I'm wrong.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC credit cards team usually looks for excuses for not issuing the Infinia variant. They issue it quickly only if customer profile shows that he is very high spender with good credit score. Like for example, they checked if I spent 8L in last trailing 6 months on my earlier DCB. Other option is if RM is convinced that he will get good business from you, he will put up some fight.

Else HDFC gives all sorts of creative reasons as to why they can't issue Infinia. The reason mentioned in this thread is new addition in the list of creative and useless reasons :)

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC credit cards team usually looks for excuses for not issuing the Infinia variant. They issue it quickly only if customer profile shows that he is very high spender with good credit score. Like for example, they checked if I spent 8L in last trailing 6 months on my earlier DCB. Other option is if RM is convinced that he will get good business from you, he will put up some fight.

Else HDFC gives all sorts of creative reasons as to why they can't issue Infinia. The reason mentioned in this thread is new addition in the list of creative and useless reasons :)
I had never used any CC in my life. Also had no loans. So had NH as my score in cibil. Still I could see Infina & DCB as pre-approved for me. Maybe because I had a preferred relationship with hdfc with my salary account there since last 10 years. I opted for ltf DCB as my spends are not that high.

Also I observed most of the times RMs are interested in just selling some insurance related products. But I agree that they may always come up with some reasons to not issue Infinia. Now I feel it maybe difficult for me to get an Infinia as both DCB & Infinia are considered to be super premium cards by hdfc.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia and Infinity... both are possible. I have both as LTF.
I applied Neu infinity in Jan'23 and it took 7 days for physical card to come to me. No vkyc or other checks since I am an old customer (15 years +).

My understanding- Neu is a co-branded card and hence is not counted as 2nd HDFC card. I already have offer of second HDFC card showing up in my netbanking. No DCB though as of now :D

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Infinia and Infinity... both are possible. I have both as LTF.
I applied Neu infinity in Jan'23 and it took 7 days for physical card to come to me. No vkyc or other checks since I am an old customer (15 years +).

My understanding- Neu is a co-branded card and hence is not counted as 2nd HDFC card. I already have offer of second HDFC card showing up in my netbanking. No DCB though as of now :D
How did you get infinia as LTF? Was it on account of high TRV or was it part of the LTF upgrade that HDFC provided to few people in Jan 2021?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How did you get infinia as LTF? Was it on account of high TRV or was it part of the LTF upgrade that HDFC provided to few people in Jan 2021?
Very old account...since 2007... I got infinia in 2018....as upgrade from regalia...account was classic then...now imperia...
TRV... not very high....but primary account for all transactions ( this is not a salary account)...