• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia vs Magnus for MakeMyTrip

Hi All,

I have been using Infinia since a long time now, but new to magnus. I have hotel bookings of approx 70k to be done this month. I was contemplating below options, but not sure if I am doing the right calculations:

1) Infinia make my trip smartbuy portal - max 50000 payment for 9x,spread across 3-4 days. Will give 15000 points. 1x for 50000 approx 1650. Total spends 50k, Approx value 16650. 33% points.
Balance spend of 20k using magnus gift edge vouchers. 10x ..12000 points.. approx value Rs. 6000 (.50 rs per point assumption)
Total points value of approx 22500.

2) Total spends using magnus gift edge portal. 70k vouchers with 10x will give me 42000 points. Total points value of approx 21k.(.50 rs per point assumption)

Please advise. Thanks.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
While using MMT or Yatra voucher, you won't be able to apply any other offer. The code would be applied on the original quoted price. So make sure to check that price before buying the voucher. Go through the T&C of the voucher.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
While using MMT or Yatra voucher, you won't be able to apply any other offer. The code would be applied on the original quoted price. So make sure to check that price before buying the voucher. Go through the T&C of the voucher.
I guess Yatra coupons which are valid for all payment methods, should work for payment with Yatra GV as well?

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I have been using Infinia since a long time now, but new to magnus. I have hotel bookings of approx 70k to be done this month. I was contemplating below options, but not sure if I am doing the right calculations:

1) Infinia make my trip smartbuy portal - max 50000 payment for 9x,spread across 3-4 days. Will give 15000 points. 1x for 50000 approx 1650. Total spends 50k, Approx value 16650. 33% points.
Balance spend of 20k using magnus gift edge vouchers. 10x ..12000 points.. approx value Rs. 6000 (.50 rs per point assumption)
Total points value of approx 22500.

2) Total spends using magnus gift edge portal. 70k vouchers with 10x will give me 42000 points. Total points value of approx 21k.(.50 rs per point assumption)

Please advise. Thanks.
You cannot apply more than 3 vouchers either on mmt or yatra. Max value by mmt voucher presently is 5k, with 3 makes it to 15k only.
Then by yatra max value per gift card is 2k, so again max benefit of 6k.

I learnt the hard way what you guys were trying to make me understand. I bought a 2k voucher of mmt from gift edge. I had made a hotel booking on mmt, by paying 1 rs and free cancellation and it said use any mode of payment for balance amount. So i thought of paying with the 2k voucher, but realised it doesnt work that way. Voucher can only be used while making fresh booking and that too if no other coupon code is applied. So now I am stuck with this voucher and still have 70k to pay for original booking.🤣

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wile mak
I learnt the hard way what you guys were trying to make me understand. I bought a 2k voucher of mmt from gift edge. I had made a hotel booking on mmt, by paying 1 rs and free cancellation and it said use any mode of payment for balance amount. So i thought of paying with the 2k voucher, but realised it doesnt work that way. Voucher can only be used while making fresh booking and that too if no other coupon code is applied. So now I am stuck with this voucher and still have 70k to pay for original booking.🤣
While making the payment, do you see an option to pay via gift card? I can see the option where it ask to add the gift card details.
I have booking coming up and was thinking to use the giftedge MMT option for max benefit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-05-23-37-16-77_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-05-23-37-16-77_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 15
Wile mak

While making the payment, do you see an option to pay via gift card? I can see the option where it ask to add the gift card details.
I have booking coming up and was thinking to use the giftedge MMT option for max benefit.
You can use max 3 vouchers while making the booking. My booking was already done with pay later option. Then if I try later to use the voucher its not allowed. 2 simple rules

1) max 3 voucher can be used while making the booking.
2) no other promo code should be applied.

I have also read somewhere that vouchers should be of same denomination, but havent verified personally.

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can use max 3 vouchers while making the booking. My booking was already done with pay later option. Then if I try later to use the voucher its not allowed. 2 simple rules

I have also read somewhere that vouchers should be of same denomination, but havent verified personally.
Cool. How to check if you had applied a promo code while doing the 'Pay Later' option? I can't find mentioned in my 'amount to be paid' section.
You said you weren't able to use as you had used a promo code. Do you see it mentioned anywhere which promo you used?

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Also just checked on MMT, while selecting the pay later option, there's no Promo Code that gets applied. It just says pay ₹1 now and the rest later using any payment option.

So I doubt you have been rejected cause you applied a Promo Code as isn't not possible to apply a promo code using pay later option.

Further, my existing pay later booking is giving me option to pay via 'Gift Card'. If it's not allowed, then this option should not show up.

Have asked MMT support to give me clarity on this before I purchase 30K worth of vouchers which then I won't be able to use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-06-16-51-14-18_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-06-16-51-14-18_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12