• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia vs Atlas

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For airline tickets worth 2 lakhs, which would provide better value? Infinia or Axis Atlas? Atlas would provide 10k Axis miles which would transfer at 20k miles with various airlines. Would Infinia beat that?
In addition, what about normal POS transactions? Is Infinia better at 3.3% or Atlas at 2% which is equivalent to 4 airline miles?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For airline tickets worth 2 lakhs, which would provide better value? Infinia or Axis Atlas? Atlas would provide 10k Axis miles which would transfer at 20k miles with various airlines. Would Infinia beat that?
if booked via smart buy flights on cleartrip etc infinnia gives 3.33 * 5x returns
that is 16.5% in terms of miles if converted to partners at 1:1 ratio
In addition, what about normal POS transactions? Is Infinia better at 3.3% or Atlas at 2% which is equivalent to 4 airline miles?
you have done the math here why ask then?

drsel

TF Legend
Atlas gives 10% only on Traveledge or direct airline website but Infinia gives you 5 x 3.33 on Smartbuy, which is 16.66%

However only 70% of these Infinia points can be used for the next flight booking on Smartbuy, so the real return rate of Infinia for flights on Smartbuy is around 15.55%.

If you cross 3 lacs/year on Atlas you will get an 2500 bonus Atlas edge miles (after 60 days), which is 5000 airmiles (which is an extra 1.66% return on 3 lacs spend in 1 year) so Atlas return will then become 11.66%, still less than Infinia 15.55%

If you cross 7.5 lacs/year on Atlas you will get both 2500 + 5000 Atlas edge miles (after 60 days), which is 15000 airmiles (which is an extra 2% return on 7.5 lacs spend in 1 year) so Atlas return will then become 12%, still less than Infinia 15.55%

If you cross 15 lacs/year on Atlas you will get 2500 + 5000 + 10000 Atlas edge miles (after 60 days), which is 35000 airmiles (which is an extra 2.33% return on 15 lacs spend in 1 year) so Atlas return will then become 12.33%, still less than Infinia 15.55%.

However, Magnus Burgundy LTF beats Infinia 2250 for flights (and almost everything else)
24% return (up to 2 lacs spend per calendar month) on booking flights on TRAVELEDGE (usually a 10% price markup on booking more than one seat in the same PNR), which is more than Infinia 15.55%.

Please like if you appreciate my advice, thanks

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
When is the 2500 bonus miles credited on completing 3 lakh milestone on Atlas?
I found out the answers from customer care--
The year you need to spend 3 lacs or 7.5 lakhs is the card anniversary year , not calendar year.

On 3 lakh spends you will get 2500 Atlas miles 60 days from the date of reaching the target of 3 lakh spend.
On completing 7.5 lakh spend you will get 5000 at las miles 60 days from the date of reaching the target of 7.5 lakh spend.
You will also get promote Gold status in the first day of the next anniversary year

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
if booked via smart buy flights on cleartrip etc infinnia gives 3.33 * 5x returns
that is 16.5% in terms of miles if converted to partners at 1:1 ratio

you have done the math here why ask then?
I asked as I have no idea how useful the points on Infinia are. Like if I were to get 2k miles on Atlas (converted to 4k on Vistara), it seems straightforward as you can book a one way Delhi to Bombay flight on Vistara. However, if get say 4.5k points on Infinia, I have no idea what sort of flight I could book with it. That’s why I asked if they should be considered equivalent or not.

drsel

TF Legend
I asked as I have no idea how useful the points on Infinia are. Like if I were to get 2k miles on Atlas (converted to 4k on Vistara), it seems straightforward as you can book a one way Delhi to Bombay flight on Vistara. However, if get say 4.5k points on Infinia, I have no idea what sort of flight I could book with it. That’s why I asked if they should be considered equivalent or not.
You need to convert the Infinia points into airmiles at 1:1 ratio
There are many airline partners

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
you have many flight partners transferrable at 1:1 ratio

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
infinnia has vistara as a partner at 1:1

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Congratulations on your upgrade from Moneyback to Infinia!

Reactions: SSV