• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia upgrade denied even after I did everything

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
I have DCB Alumni LTF card from past 4 years. I applied for infinia upgrade some time in Oct 2023 via grievance and they rejected saying due to "internal" criteria. I had less spends at that time, but now in the past 6 months my spends have increased.

* Salaried with ITR > Infinia requirement (36) but most of them are stocks hence, net salary is less than Infinia Requirement (2.5LPM).
* DCB Credit Limit - 13L
* Spends in past 6 months - 8L+
* Salary Account with HDFC
* All family accounts are in Imperia programme

I also had a 25L FD with HDFC when I first applied in Oct 23 but now its matured and I used up the funds. But still rejected...F*ck your internal criteria HDFC!

Shoxie

TF Premier
I have DCB Alumni LTF card from past 4 years. I applied for infinia upgrade some time in Oct 2023 via grievance and they rejected saying due to "internal" criteria. I had less spends at that time, but now in the past 6 months my spends have increased.

* Salaried with ITR > Infinia requirement (36) but most of them are stocks hence, net salary is less than Infinia Requirement (2.5LPM).
* DCB Credit Limit - 13L

I also had a 25L FD with HDFC when I first applied in Oct 23 but now its matured and I used up the funds. But still rejected...F*ck your internal criteria HDFC!
Well this sucks, you should probably try speaking with your BM, since you've been rejected multiple times, you can probably speak to him in a mild threatining tone, like moving your entire family's account to Axis, since they're offering Magnus, etc.

This should probably lead to something! @S S V, any suggestion for our guy?

TF Premier
Try escalating to MD desk and threaten RM/BM to change bank. If this doesn't work then you should definitely trasfer the relationship to other bank.

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
Try escalating to MD desk and threaten RM/BM to change bank. If this doesn't work then you should definitely trasfer the relationship to other bank.
Well this sucks, you should probably try speaking with your BM, since you've been rejected multiple times, you can probably speak to him in a mild threatining tone, like moving your entire family's account to Axis, since they're offering Magnus, etc.

This should probably lead to something! @S S V, any suggestion for our guy?

Yeah, I think I need to talk to my BM.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

* DCB Credit Limit - 13L

Broooooo ..
Magnus LTF with Burgundy is much better .
There is a thread For how Infinia doesn't even make sense too much for that hype..

You should move to magnus LTF & other for better reward & lifestyle services

TF Premier
Broooooo ..
There is a thread For how Infinia doesn't even make sense too much for that hype..

Yes with the kind of relationship OP has. Magnus for Burgundy might have been the better deal.

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
Broooooo ..

Is the Burgundy LTF offer still going on? I like the Magnus card, I just don't like the shady tactics of Axis - conditional LTF, hidden charges, etc...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Is the Burgundy LTF offer still going on? I like the Magnus card, I just don't like the shady tactics of Axis - conditional LTF, hidden charges, etc...
Yes MAGNUS ltf ..this week some told they were getting.
But but but
Negotiate everything before
In writing either via email or writing..

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
With all the banks, it is the net salary credit that matters. ITR does not matter or even bonus does not matter. As long as net salary credit per month is more than required threshold, things are easier.

In your case, you will need special approval from BM or above to relax one criteria among total 3 criteria. Try for that and card may get approved.

If not, Axis MB is also an excellent option if you can negotiate with TRV / AQB route

techt

TF Legend
Broooooo ..

How Magnus is better ? For a non-traveller case what's the reward rate ?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
With all the banks, it is the net salary credit that matters. ITR does not matter or even bonus does not matter. As long as net salary credit per month is more than required threshold, things are easier.

In your case, you will need special approval from BM or above to relax one criteria among total 3 criteria. Try for that and card may get approved.

If not, Axis MB is also an excellent option if you can negotiate with TRV / AQB route
Yes 25 lakh fd would work ..for his favour.

But Magnus LTF is important..
It all depends on negotiation
But since its axis u need it in writing

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
How Magnus is better ? For a non-traveller case what's the reward rate ?
5x rp on both travel & gyftr with no cap
Other life style benifits ..golf ,dining etc
+ Burgundy dc isn't much talked about but it gives 1% reward on cc bill pay not sure exactly how much %

techt

TF Legend
5x rp on both travel & gyftr with no cap
Other life style benifits ..golf ,dining etc
+ Burgundy dc isn't much talked about but it gives 1% reward on cc bill pay not sure exactly how much %
These RP in terms of cash ?

Burgundy DC doesn't give CB, it is Priority DC salary.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You have missed the train for LTF.
Magnus burgundy is now available at some 30k + taxes annually.
If your spends are consistently above 1.5 lakhs a month then it's a no brainer , otherwise the cost of acquisition would be higher than the rewards that you would yield.

Also as of now There is not much difference between Infinia and DCB now , Infinia is no more a rewarding card if you are into Airmiles , if smartbuy is your game then you can take DCB Metal and match upto infinia with quarterly milestones.

For normal spends , Atlas , plat travel with GC should be more than enough to accumulate points enough for a good international holiday every 2 year ( Assuming the reward rate doesn't falls much ) , if atlas gets devalued you can rely on Amex + HDFC .

There are few rumors that SBI would be launching few miles card, so we can shift to that.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
MD DESK has become one bechara email.. everything is MD Desk.. Lol.. All genuine issues may be getting lost in all the volume of emails