• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia got rejected for Imperia Customer

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

shantanu

TF Buzz
I am an Imperia Customer with a monthly net salary of 3.78L. Currently, I use the Money Back card (MasterCard variant) with a credit limit of 11.24L (Wrongly posted as 11.28L initally). Additionally, I hold the Axis Magnus (non-burgundy Visa variant) with a limit of 9.2L, Amex MRCC with 13.25L, and Amazon Pay card with a limit of 5.6L.

Despite multiple requests and discussions with the bank, including interactions with priority redressal, nodal officers, and principal node officers, I received the final response. I sought clarification on the internal criteria the bank employs for card offerings, especially since some of my coworkers with lower salaries were granted the card. In the course of exploring a credit card upgrade, I have been offered the Millenia card as part of credit card upgrade portal

Uncertain about the reason behind my card rejection, I ponder whether it was due to the MasterCard variant, given that Infinia is currently offered in the Visa platform. The bank has not provided clear reasons for the rejection.

Considering my options, I am contemplating the following:

1. Relocating my salary account to Axis and upgrading to burgundy, which may make me eligible for the Magnus card with burgundy.
2. Opting for the Amex Platinum Charge card, leaving aside my existing cards and exploring new benefits.
3. Exploring alternatives like HSBC Premier or ICICI Emerald Metal, understanding that this might require a move of my salary accounts.

Need suggestion in planning the best option.

Update 1 : Spends were 6.2L in last 6 months (including one international travel swipes)
2022 - Spent more than 18L . Was declined for upgrade
Out of frustration, Moved all my spends to magnus from early 2023 as it was reaping 5:4 rewards at that time.

Responses from the bank -

"
This is with reference to your e-mail dated December 21, 2023 and our subsequent interim response sent on the same date regarding your request for card upgrade on your HDFC Bank credit card account.

Below upgrade offer -

We are fully sensitized to your concerns expressed and taking complete note of the same, we have once again taken a detailed review of your card account. We wish to reiterate that the outcome of our review is consistent with our earlier observation sent to you in this regard.

On receipt of your query, our service manager <> had contacted you on December 22, 2023 to address your query personally. Further to conversation , we wish to reaffirm that your request for limit enhancement and card upgrade has been reviewed subject to various internal parameters and guidelines which are wide ranging. The same is also based on usage and payment patterns on the card account. Hence, we regret our inability to accommodate your request to upgrade your current card to Infinia Metal Card at this point in time.

Based on your earlier representation, we had offered credit limit enhancement for an additional amount of Rs.72,000.00 from your existing credit limit, subject to credit bureau verification and internal review. However, we infer from the recent e-mail that you are not in acceptance towards the same. In the event, you wish to avail the said limit enhancement offered by us, we request you to revert to us with your consent from your registered e-mail address mentioning the last 4 digits of your card number by December January 02, 2024 for us to review further.

We also wish to assure you that the upgrade/limit enhancement offer shall be reviewed periodically based on usage and payment pattern on the card account. Hence, we urge you to continue usage of your credit card providing us with more opportunities to serve you.

Having detailed above, we are disappointed to understand that you intend to discontinue your banking/credit card relationship with us. Your relationship is important to us and we request you to reconsider your decision to close the banking/card account giving us an opportunity to be of continuous service to you.

In the event, you still intend to close your credit card, you may place your request through My cards using the below link post effecting complete payment towards the credit card dues. The total outstanding payable on your credit card account is Rs.<> (including remaining principal loan dues) as on date.

We also wish to clarify that on pre-closure of the EMI facility, pre-closure charges of 3% on the remaining principle outstanding amount as on date, along with interest and GST (Goods and Service Tax) were billed to your credit card account. Further, applicable interest gets billed from the date of loan pre-closure until complete repayment towards the same. We request you to contact our phone banker at 1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161 to know about the pre-closure charges and place the request on call.

Our Bank’s stand has been communicated distinctly and this response may be treated as final. We also wish to inform you that any further communication from yourself would not elicit a response from us. In light of this we request you to accept the decision in good faith.

Specific to your query raised on closure of your bank account, we request you to write to support@hdfcbank.com or contact your relationship manager <> on <> for further assistance in this regard.

In line with our focus and commitment to Customer Service, we trust we have addressed your grievance in a fair and equitable manner and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. In accordance with regulatory guidelines, we are also required to mention that you may approach the Banking Ombudsman (appointed by the Reserve Bank of India); in the event you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint. Should you wish to exercise this option, please log on to our website www.hdfcbank.com for details of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme – 2006.
"

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.58.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.58.35.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 85
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.18.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.18.57.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

infinia_dedo

TF Select
nah. Only one card that i am eligible -
I think that is invalid option to check.

Today i got a popup for same offer, and below it said "Do not apply if you already hold an HDFC Card"

So that cc offer on main page of website is useless for us I think, and we should only check in the Upgrade option after Login

Seniors may correct me if i am wrong

Here is the SC of my credit card
Not sure how much HDFC wants to see your current card limits. But I'm surprised because it was stupid easy for me. I have an old HDFC account which was inactive for 10+ years as I was out of country. Came back, met RM and upgraded to "Preferred Banking" :ROFLMAO: and through RM applied for Infinia for myself and wife. Both Software Engineers met the 30-40LPA+ requirement. An in essence we have no credit history at all. Later we signed up for Imperia as well. There were some issues with KYC and an old defunct card but we got the Infinia cards.

shantanu

TF Buzz
I think that is invalid option to check.

Today i got a popup for same offer, and below it said "Do not apply if you already hold an HDFC Card"

So that cc offer on main page of website is useless for us I think, and we should only check in the Upgrade option after Login

Seniors may correct me if i am wrong

That was after login. It asked my number, DOB, along with OTP and verified internally. It was also able to give my existing card last 4 digits

bing1309

TF Premier
Should i close this card and apply for fresh?
I recommend you not to close, see closing and wait for 3 months seems logical it works, but don't do that just spend 10l in coming 6 months once infina reserve comes out show above spend with 11l limit easily you will get, closing and opening again after 3 months won't guarantee same limit as of now hence

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't chase Infinia. Just spend 7.5L in 6 months and Infinia will come easily. Usual Infinia upgrade route will be better via DCB as you can spend 7.5L in 6 months without loosing much. Take DCB.. spend 7.5L in 6 months, and they will easily upgrade you to Infinia. This is if Infinia is your priority. There are other ways also to get Infinia, but may not be needed for you

As some folks mentioned, MB LTF is the best option for you, if not then Atlas LTF is also being offered based on burgundy salary criteria
Spends in last 6 months is the foremost criteria. Imperia means nothing to them.
Start using HDFC CC exclusively and if your spends cross 6-7L in 6 months, email them again immediately.

That's the main way they make money by issuing you Infinia.
Your salary credit means nothing to them. For all they care, you may move out your salary the next day.

Rest all TRV like loan, insurance, ulips, etc matters to the bank and not cc department directly. So in that case, RM/BM have to justify your value to the bank as a whole and its upto cc department to accept or not (,your luck)

But with high spends, you Don't need middlemen to fight your cause. It is there for CC department to see.

Just because of Infinia rejection, don't leave bank. If you have other reasons, sure by all means

And even with all tick marks, there is always luck. Maybe the card approver was scolded by their spouse in the morning and took it out on you :p Some things are just not in your control. Good luck next time op

Spends in last 6 months is the foremost criteria. Imperia means nothing to them.
Yes, this is it. In my case even though I didn't have credit history or Imperia, my spending after returning to India was very high. That probably made it a breeze for us. Regretfully all of that spending was off bank account and UPI and no RPs were awarded 😓

akshayhs

TF Ace
I am an Imperia Customer with a monthly net salary of 3.78L. Currently, I use the Money Back card (MasterCard variant)
Pepe The Frog Hands Sticker - Pepe The Frog Hands Sad Stickers

thegame

TF Premier
HDFC bank folks must be on some high-nonsense drugs and no wonder why their share is hitting low, anyways don't waste your time with HDFC Bank and move your salary account and your current MoneyBack CC is more than enough for HDFC Bank offers during sale (for almost 4L p/m salary person offers/sale is just a joke as max it will be 10% upto 1.5k :D )

Ganeshraja

TF Buzz
I am an Imperia Customer with a monthly net salary of 3.78L. Currently, I use the Money Back card (MasterCard variant) with a credit limit of 11.24L (Wrongly posted as 11.28L initally). Additionally, I hold the Axis Magnus (non-burgundy Visa variant) with a limit of 9.2L, Amex MRCC with 13.25L, and Amazon Pay card with a limit of 5.6L.

Despite multiple requests and discussions with the bank, including interactions with priority redressal, nodal officers, and principal node officers, I received the final response. I sought clarification on the internal criteria the bank employs for card offerings, especially since some of my coworkers with lower salaries were granted the card. In the course of exploring a credit card upgrade, I have been offered the Millenia card as part of credit card upgrade portal

Uncertain about the reason behind my card rejection, I ponder whether it was due to the MasterCard variant, given that Infinia is currently offered in the Visa platform. The bank has not provided clear reasons for the rejection.

Considering my options, I am contemplating the following:

1. Relocating my salary account to Axis and upgrading to burgundy, which may make me eligible for the Magnus card with burgundy.
2. Opting for the Amex Platinum Charge card, leaving aside my existing cards and exploring new benefits.
3. Exploring alternatives like HSBC Premier or ICICI Emerald Metal, understanding that this might require a move of my salary accounts.

Need suggestion in planning the best option.

Update 1 : Spends were 6.2L in last 6 months (including one international travel swipes)
2022 - Spent more than 18L . Was declined for upgrade
Out of frustration, Moved all my spends to magnus from early 2023 as it was reaping 5:4 rewards at that time.

Responses from the bank -

"
This is with reference to your e-mail dated December 21, 2023 and our subsequent interim response sent on the same date regarding your request for card upgrade on your HDFC Bank credit card account.

Below upgrade offer -

We are fully sensitized to your concerns expressed and taking complete note of the same, we have once again taken a detailed review of your card account. We wish to reiterate that the outcome of our review is consistent with our earlier observation sent to you in this regard.

On receipt of your query, our service manager <> had contacted you on December 22, 2023 to address your query personally. Further to conversation , we wish to reaffirm that your request for limit enhancement and card upgrade has been reviewed subject to various internal parameters and guidelines which are wide ranging. The same is also based on usage and payment patterns on the card account. Hence, we regret our inability to accommodate your request to upgrade your current card to Infinia Metal Card at this point in time.

Based on your earlier representation, we had offered credit limit enhancement for an additional amount of Rs.72,000.00 from your existing credit limit, subject to credit bureau verification and internal review. However, we infer from the recent e-mail that you are not in acceptance towards the same. In the event, you wish to avail the said limit enhancement offered by us, we request you to revert to us with your consent from your registered e-mail address mentioning the last 4 digits of your card number by December January 02, 2024 for us to review further.

We also wish to assure you that the upgrade/limit enhancement offer shall be reviewed periodically based on usage and payment pattern on the card account. Hence, we urge you to continue usage of your credit card providing us with more opportunities to serve you.

Having detailed above, we are disappointed to understand that you intend to discontinue your banking/credit card relationship with us. Your relationship is important to us and we request you to reconsider your decision to close the banking/card account giving us an opportunity to be of continuous service to you.

In the event, you still intend to close your credit card, you may place your request through My cards using the below link post effecting complete payment towards the credit card dues. The total outstanding payable on your credit card account is Rs.<> (including remaining principal loan dues) as on date.

We also wish to clarify that on pre-closure of the EMI facility, pre-closure charges of 3% on the remaining principle outstanding amount as on date, along with interest and GST (Goods and Service Tax) were billed to your credit card account. Further, applicable interest gets billed from the date of loan pre-closure until complete repayment towards the same. We request you to contact our phone banker at 1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161 to know about the pre-closure charges and place the request on call.

Our Bank’s stand has been communicated distinctly and this response may be treated as final. We also wish to inform you that any further communication from yourself would not elicit a response from us. In light of this we request you to accept the decision in good faith.

Specific to your query raised on closure of your bank account, we request you to write to support@hdfcbank.com or contact your relationship manager <> on <> for further assistance in this regard.

In line with our focus and commitment to Customer Service, we trust we have addressed your grievance in a fair and equitable manner and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. In accordance with regulatory guidelines, we are also required to mention that you may approach the Banking Ombudsman (appointed by the Reserve Bank of India); in the event you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint. Should you wish to exercise this option, please log on to our website www.hdfcbank.com for details of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme – 2006.
"
Have you tried asking for upgrade to wealth account from imperia and see if you can trade or invest with their hdfc securities. Maintains 50 lakhs trv there and try z

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Should i spend 7L in 6M on existing Money Back and try? Or should i take Millenia offer and then spend 7L ?
Just ask your BM to take a spends based waiver. That’ll get you an infinia. Period. He has to get an approval from branch banking head. Spends on any card would be considered ideally. If it’s a cobranded card then product approval would be reqd.

AshishR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
you can not go to 2nd floor , without climbing to 1st floor

1st upgrade ur money back to millenia/regalia/regalia gold/diners black

use upgraded card aggresively , after 6months - 1year, you should get upgrade offer to infinia in netbanking , if not send email/letter to chennai office with infinia upgrade form

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I wonder why u need all these zig zags. There's no cooling period in hdfc.

Simply close ur moneyback and apply infinia fresh application using salary slips or c2c.

My frd closed his 40k moneyback cc and applied regalia next day itself through c2c, he got regalia with 3.5L

Still if fresh application route doesn't work, u can call hdfc cc and ask for reactivation of closed card. I hope this works mostly

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.