• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia got rejected for Imperia Customer

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

shantanu

TF Buzz
I am an Imperia Customer with a monthly net salary of 3.78L. Currently, I use the Money Back card (MasterCard variant) with a credit limit of 11.24L (Wrongly posted as 11.28L initally). Additionally, I hold the Axis Magnus (non-burgundy Visa variant) with a limit of 9.2L, Amex MRCC with 13.25L, and Amazon Pay card with a limit of 5.6L.

Despite multiple requests and discussions with the bank, including interactions with priority redressal, nodal officers, and principal node officers, I received the final response. I sought clarification on the internal criteria the bank employs for card offerings, especially since some of my coworkers with lower salaries were granted the card. In the course of exploring a credit card upgrade, I have been offered the Millenia card as part of credit card upgrade portal

Uncertain about the reason behind my card rejection, I ponder whether it was due to the MasterCard variant, given that Infinia is currently offered in the Visa platform. The bank has not provided clear reasons for the rejection.

Considering my options, I am contemplating the following:

1. Relocating my salary account to Axis and upgrading to burgundy, which may make me eligible for the Magnus card with burgundy.
2. Opting for the Amex Platinum Charge card, leaving aside my existing cards and exploring new benefits.
3. Exploring alternatives like HSBC Premier or ICICI Emerald Metal, understanding that this might require a move of my salary accounts.

Need suggestion in planning the best option.

Update 1 : Spends were 6.2L in last 6 months (including one international travel swipes)
2022 - Spent more than 18L . Was declined for upgrade
Out of frustration, Moved all my spends to magnus from early 2023 as it was reaping 5:4 rewards at that time.

Responses from the bank -

"
This is with reference to your e-mail dated December 21, 2023 and our subsequent interim response sent on the same date regarding your request for card upgrade on your HDFC Bank credit card account.

Below upgrade offer -

We are fully sensitized to your concerns expressed and taking complete note of the same, we have once again taken a detailed review of your card account. We wish to reiterate that the outcome of our review is consistent with our earlier observation sent to you in this regard.

On receipt of your query, our service manager <> had contacted you on December 22, 2023 to address your query personally. Further to conversation , we wish to reaffirm that your request for limit enhancement and card upgrade has been reviewed subject to various internal parameters and guidelines which are wide ranging. The same is also based on usage and payment patterns on the card account. Hence, we regret our inability to accommodate your request to upgrade your current card to Infinia Metal Card at this point in time.

Based on your earlier representation, we had offered credit limit enhancement for an additional amount of Rs.72,000.00 from your existing credit limit, subject to credit bureau verification and internal review. However, we infer from the recent e-mail that you are not in acceptance towards the same. In the event, you wish to avail the said limit enhancement offered by us, we request you to revert to us with your consent from your registered e-mail address mentioning the last 4 digits of your card number by December January 02, 2024 for us to review further.

We also wish to assure you that the upgrade/limit enhancement offer shall be reviewed periodically based on usage and payment pattern on the card account. Hence, we urge you to continue usage of your credit card providing us with more opportunities to serve you.

Having detailed above, we are disappointed to understand that you intend to discontinue your banking/credit card relationship with us. Your relationship is important to us and we request you to reconsider your decision to close the banking/card account giving us an opportunity to be of continuous service to you.

In the event, you still intend to close your credit card, you may place your request through My cards using the below link post effecting complete payment towards the credit card dues. The total outstanding payable on your credit card account is Rs.<> (including remaining principal loan dues) as on date.

We also wish to clarify that on pre-closure of the EMI facility, pre-closure charges of 3% on the remaining principle outstanding amount as on date, along with interest and GST (Goods and Service Tax) were billed to your credit card account. Further, applicable interest gets billed from the date of loan pre-closure until complete repayment towards the same. We request you to contact our phone banker at 1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161 to know about the pre-closure charges and place the request on call.

Our Bank’s stand has been communicated distinctly and this response may be treated as final. We also wish to inform you that any further communication from yourself would not elicit a response from us. In light of this we request you to accept the decision in good faith.

Specific to your query raised on closure of your bank account, we request you to write to support@hdfcbank.com or contact your relationship manager <> on <> for further assistance in this regard.

In line with our focus and commitment to Customer Service, we trust we have addressed your grievance in a fair and equitable manner and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. In accordance with regulatory guidelines, we are also required to mention that you may approach the Banking Ombudsman (appointed by the Reserve Bank of India); in the event you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint. Should you wish to exercise this option, please log on to our website www.hdfcbank.com for details of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme – 2006.
"

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.58.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.58.35.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 85
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.18.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 12.18.57.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

bing1309

TF Premier
Ok, understood now coming to your infina you are not the only one who got denied I am to In the list, some things to consider first, spend in a year 9lakhs then ask for infina as per internal norm it's just that. You are anyways qualified for infinia reserve, I suggest you to spend more than 10lakhs in 6 months just spend then once card is launched be first in line to send mail and it's immediately approved. 😊

Our Bank’s stand has been communicated distinctly and this response may be treated as final. We also wish to inform you that any further communication from yourself would not elicit a response from us. In light of this we request you to accept the decision in good faith.
Wow. Mind boggling. Makes no sense to me. Sorry OP. Must be super frustrating.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I am an Imperia Customer with a monthly net salary of 3.78L. Currently, I use the Money Back card (MasterCard variant) with a credit limit of 11.28L. Additionally, I hold the Axis Magnus (non-burgundy Visa variant) with a limit of 9.2L, Amex MRCC with 13.25L, and Amazon Pay card with a limit of 5.6L.

Despite multiple requests and discussions with the bank, including interactions with priority redressal, nodal officers, and principal node officers, I received the final response. I sought clarification on the internal criteria the bank employs for card offerings, especially since some of my coworkers with lower salaries were granted the card. In the course of exploring a credit card upgrade, I have been offered the Millenia card as part of credit card upgrade portal

Uncertain about the reason behind my card rejection, I ponder whether it was due to the MasterCard variant, given that Infinia is currently offered in the Visa platform. The bank has not provided clear reasons for the rejection.

Considering my options, I am contemplating the following:

1. Relocating my salary account to Axis and upgrading to burgundy, which may make me eligible for the Magnus card with burgundy.
2. Opting for the Amex Platinum Charge card, leaving aside my existing cards and exploring new benefits.
3. Exploring alternatives like HSBC Premier or ICICI Emerald Metal, understanding that this might require a move of my salary accounts.

Need suggestion in planning the best option.

Responses from the bank -

"
This is with reference to your e-mail dated December 21, 2023 and our subsequent interim response sent on the same date regarding your request for card upgrade on your HDFC Bank credit card account.

We are fully sensitized to your concerns expressed and taking complete note of the same, we have once again taken a detailed review of your card account. We wish to reiterate that the outcome of our review is consistent with our earlier observation sent to you in this regard.

On receipt of your query, our service manager <> had contacted you on December 22, 2023 to address your query personally. Further to conversation , we wish to reaffirm that your request for limit enhancement and card upgrade has been reviewed subject to various internal parameters and guidelines which are wide ranging. The same is also based on usage and payment patterns on the card account. Hence, we regret our inability to accommodate your request to upgrade your current card to Infinia Metal Card at this point in time.

Based on your earlier representation, we had offered credit limit enhancement for an additional amount of Rs.72,000.00 from your existing credit limit, subject to credit bureau verification and internal review. However, we infer from the recent e-mail that you are not in acceptance towards the same. In the event, you wish to avail the said limit enhancement offered by us, we request you to revert to us with your consent from your registered e-mail address mentioning the last 4 digits of your card number by December January 02, 2024 for us to review further.

We also wish to assure you that the upgrade/limit enhancement offer shall be reviewed periodically based on usage and payment pattern on the card account. Hence, we urge you to continue usage of your credit card providing us with more opportunities to serve you.

Having detailed above, we are disappointed to understand that you intend to discontinue your banking/credit card relationship with us. Your relationship is important to us and we request you to reconsider your decision to close the banking/card account giving us an opportunity to be of continuous service to you.

In the event, you still intend to close your credit card, you may place your request through My cards using the below link post effecting complete payment towards the credit card dues. The total outstanding payable on your credit card account is Rs.<> (including remaining principal loan dues) as on date.

We also wish to clarify that on pre-closure of the EMI facility, pre-closure charges of 3% on the remaining principle outstanding amount as on date, along with interest and GST (Goods and Service Tax) were billed to your credit card account. Further, applicable interest gets billed from the date of loan pre-closure until complete repayment towards the same. We request you to contact our phone banker at 1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161 to know about the pre-closure charges and place the request on call.

Specific to your query raised on closure of your bank account, we request you to write to support@hdfcbank.com or contact your relationship manager <> on <> for further assistance in this regard.

In line with our focus and commitment to Customer Service, we trust we have addressed your grievance in a fair and equitable manner and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. In accordance with regulatory guidelines, we are also required to mention that you may approach the Banking Ombudsman (appointed by the Reserve Bank of India); in the event you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint. Should you wish to exercise this option, please log on to our website www.hdfcbank.com for details of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme – 2006.
"
yearly spend are? few have mentioned 6-9 year spend in 7.5 month or take some investment through RM that the easiest way.. without spend chances are slim for existing hdfc cc customer. try to spend the required amount and till then hopefully reserve is launched.. and who know by then how much thing could have changed so do remember things are cc world are dynamic.. with axis i can't say positive or negative cause i don't hold magnus or axis SB with them. so it up to you. Imperia n CC are both treated differently as per Tier City n branch with TRV as the main thing Bank Considered.

shantanu

TF Buzz
Ok, understood now coming to your infina you are not the only one who got denied I am to In the list, some things to consider first, spend in a year 9lakhs then ask for infina as per internal norm it's just that. You are anyways qualified for infinia reserve, I suggest you to spend more than 10lakhs in 6 months just spend then once card is launched be first in line to send mail and it's immediately approved. 😊
Should i close this card and apply for fresh?

shantanu

TF Buzz
yearly spend are? few have mentioned 6-9 year spend in 7.5 month or take some investment through RM that the easiest way.. without spend chances are slim for existing hdfc cc customer. try to spend the required amount and till then hopefully reserve is launched.. and who know by then how much thing could have changed so do remember things are cc world are dynamic.. with axis i can't say positive or negative cause i don't hold magnus or axis SB with them. so it up to you. Imperia n CC are both treated differently as per Tier City n branch with TRV as the main thing Bank Considered.
Updated the spends in the main thread. On top of it, I have done around 5L for FD and took 3L as personal loan (Took only to increase the relationship with bank. But nothing worked out)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Updated the spends in the main thread. On top of it, I have done around 5L for FD and took 3L as personal loan (Took only to increase the relationship with bank. But nothing worked out)
what you took personal loan damnn.. that won't increase anything other than interest rate you're paying if not needed. n some 4-6 year back infinia LTF with 30.50 lakhs FD were used to provide (branch to branch it varies)if done so.. and 5 lakhs FD is peanut vs it.

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
Putting this much effort for a CC is not worth it and after recent devaluations, Infinia doesn't even seem worth it anymore.

Just go with Magnus for Burgundy and close all relationship with HDFC, it is one of the worst banks in India

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Should i simply close off the CC and apply for new?
That'll just create more drama for you. The only way forward would be to get help from your BM/RM. Based on your relationship, they can help procure the card. But as others have suggested, after the recent devaluation it's almost mediocre, so don't stress too much about it.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.