• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Pioneer Debit Card a Metal Masterpiece or a Deceptive Delusion?

rahular

TF Buzz
Hey there! I recently went through a long process of upgrading my account to IndusInd Pioneer account. After a lot of back and forth with the rm, it took almost 3 months to finally get the upgrade done. But now that I have received the debit card, I can't help but notice that it's definitely not made of metal, even though it looks like it.

I'm curious to know if it's just me or if everyone who gets this card feels the same way. I mean, I understand that looks can be deceiving, but it's a bit disappointing to not get what you were expecting.

Overall, the process of upgrading to the IndusInd Pioneer account was quite tedious, but I'm hoping that the benefits that come along with it will make it all worth it in the end. And who knows, maybe the non-metal card will surprise me in some other way!

Anyone who feels the same as me ? Let's discuss!

Attachments

• IMG_9239.jpg
    IMG_9239.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_9242.jpg
    IMG_9242.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 147

aashokk09

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It’s buy one get one free up to 4 free tickets a month with maximum 1000 off for that free one.
for example if you buy 2 tickets each worth 750, you will only have to pay 750 plus convenience fee not 1500 plus convenience fee. It cannot be used for booking single ticket, only buy even number of tickets using this.
Are there any good card who give complimentary tickets without BOGO ?

Last edited:

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I too am exploring Pioneer Account with IndusInd.

Even I am told similar to what @rahular shared here. Upgrade is always difficult as they need to see that Customer is worth Pioneer and so require TRV etc over few months.

The shortcut here is that if you open a new account say in name of your family member (who is NTB - new to bank) and herein do 10L funding (if offline) or < 1L funding (if online) then account is directly opened as Pioneer. Then you get a few months to fund further. And then can request for existing accounts to be grouped and updated to Pioneer

PS: I have not tried this route, but thinking of the same.
You are saying that if I open an online account with 1 Lakh funding, I'll directly get a pioneer account? And what if i don't fund further? This seems too good to be true. Offline option with 10 L funding may be true but even that looks doubtful.
This needs to be verified first.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You are saying that if I open an online account with 1 Lakh funding, I'll directly get a pioneer account? And what if i don't fund further? This seems too good to be true. Offline option with 10 L funding may be true but even that looks doubtful.
This needs to be verified first.
Hope you also read this line from my post quoted above: Then you get a few months to fund further

So no where am I is saying that one can escape TRV/AQB requirements!

Further I have already opened Pioneer Accounts since this post and updated on another thread

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Hope you also read this line from my post quoted above: Then you get a few months to fund further

So no where am I is saying that one can escape TRV/AQB requirements!

Further I have already opened Pioneer Accounts since this post and updated on another thread
Will you please provide the link for that post/thread?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally got my Pioneer metal debit card today. And indeed, except bit higher weight, nothing special. So echo sentiments of @rahular

My only prior experience of metal card is through OneCard Metal Credit Cards wherein card holder's name, visa logo, one card brand, NFC symbol (all things on front of card) are etched by (my guess) laser coding. So when you move your fingers you see bit roughness/depth. This is not rub/scratch proof.

But here in Pioneer everything is embossed (printed) on the surface. Further printing of name & card digits is white and not even premium.

Last edited:

Bodhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Finally got my Pioneer metal debit card today. And indeed, except bit higher weight, nothing special. So echo sentiments of @rahular

My only experience of metal cards is from OneCard Metal Credit Card where card holder's name, visa logo, one card brand, NFC symbol (all things on front of card) are etched by (my guess) laser coding. So when you move your fingers you see big of roughness/depth.

But here in Pioneer everything is embossed (printed) on the surface. Further printing of name & card digits is white and not even premium.
Congrats @mgforce

ankur2wadhwa

TF Select

My only prior experience of metal card is through OneCard Metal Credit Cards wherein card holder's name, visa logo, one card brand, NFC symbol (all things on front of card) are etched by (my guess) laser coding. So when you move your fingers you see bit roughness/depth. This is not rub/scratch proof.

Were you charged any card replacement fees bro

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
T
I too am exploring Pioneer Account with IndusInd.

Even I am told similar to what @rahular shared here. Upgrade is always difficult as they need to see that Customer is worth Pioneer and so require TRV etc over few months.

The shortcut here is that if you open a new account say in name of your family member (who is NTB - new to bank) and herein do 10L funding (if offline) or < 1L funding (if online) then account is directly opened as Pioneer. Then you get a few months to fund further. And then can request for existing accounts to be grouped and updated to Pioneer

PS: I have not tried this route, but thinking of the same.
This route will surely work. Or find a pioneer RM who is good and he/she will directly upgrade existing account to pioneer.

harsh7t

TF Buzz
Hey there! I recently went through a long process of upgrading my account to IndusInd Pioneer account. After a lot of back and forth with the rm, it took almost 3 months to finally get the upgrade done. But now that I have received the debit card, I can't help but notice that it's definitely not made of metal, even though it looks like it.

I'm curious to know if it's just me or if everyone who gets this card feels the same way. I mean, I understand that looks can be deceiving, but it's a bit disappointing to not get what you were expecting.

Overall, the process of upgrading to the IndusInd Pioneer account was quite tedious, but I'm hoping that the benefits that come along with it will make it all worth it in the end. And who knows, maybe the non-metal card will surprise me in some other way!

Anyone who feels the same as me ? Let's discuss!
what’s your metal card bin? My RM says that the card which I received with the kit is metal only, But it’s surely plastic. Only the edges of card have metal finish xd. @mgforce @rahular