• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank Pioneer Savings Account Opening Experience

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All!

I was researching about IndusInd Pioneer account lately and was thinking about opening one, so I approached my nearest branch and the desk person says my PAN is not eligible for a Pioneer account 😂. I told her it's not a Credit Card that I am applying for and she says:
"hota hain sir aapko pata nahi hoga"

Anyway she declined my request to open a Pioneer Account and insisted I am max eligible for Exclusive Account but should open partner account instead.

I was already fed up with my branch and hence I decided to approach a Pioneer Branch directly and open an account with them. They instantly filled the form for me and opened the account, within a week I received the welcome kit with the debit card.

But the only issue was they did not assign me any RM and I had to contact the person through whom I opened the account with, well it's not a big deal as that person is knowledgeable enough but this kind of service was not expected, also they updated incorrect E-mail ID and residential address which I had to update later.

Still they do know about their services and features, as I requested for a metal debit card, they processed it instantly without any charges!

Overall I would say it was a hectic experience but the customer service and knowledge of the Pioneer Branch staff is great 👍

20230513_154406.jpg 20230513_154442.jpg

P.S. I have asked them about LTF Pioneer Heritage Metal Credit Card upgrade but they say it's not possible to reduce or remove the joining fees. After reading so many posts of other people here I said people are getting it LTF so they ask me to share the contact details of the RM who helped them do the process as they are not sure about how it's done and how to take an approval, so if recently anyone has received this card LTF please guide me here🙏

Last edited by a moderator:

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am not aware of any specific benefit with MC. Just want to have a non-visa card as an alternative. I have seen few posts here in this forum where you could have 3 cards with a premier Indus banking account.
Yeah, thats true they do allow multiple debit cards but for Pioneer they might have discount mastercard variant as I haven't seen anyone with it. For Exclusive account they provide one visa and one mastercard. I personally have a plastic visa pioneer debit card and a metal visa pioneer debit card, both of which are currently active.

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
e
Visa Infinite DC has been issued for my Pioneer account. How to request for MC World DC? I asked my RM and she is not aware about the request method. So those who have MC, kindly let me know the method to request for it.
even i received Visa Infinite card today. seems like they are giving DC is Visa variant only as of now. did you get any update from your RM regarding MC World DC?

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Visa Infinite DC has been issued for my Pioneer account. How to request for MC World DC? I asked my RM and she is not aware about the request method. So those who have MC, kindly let me know the method to request for it.
did you negotiate for any credit card/credit card upgrade while opening the account?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Once we upgrade our existing accounts, do the debit cards remain active? I would like to retain my MC World Exclusive DC.

AlanDS

TF Buzz
did you negotiate for any credit card/credit card upgrade while opening the account?
Mine was upgrade from existing select account. Getting Pioneer upgrade itself was big challenge for me due to less knowledge of branch staff.
Since I am a NRI, I was not sure what kind of negotiations I could do since we can get only secured credit cards.

AlanDS

TF Buzz
e

even i received Visa Infinite card today. seems like they are giving DC is Visa variant only as of now. did you get any update from your RM regarding MC World DC?
I did not get any reply so far. I will update here once I have the response.

iamnisanth

TF Buzz
Could anyone help me with the queries?

My brother recently got upgraded to Pioneer. He is a NRI. I am a resident of India and I would like to get Pioneer under family banking. My brother approached the RM and asked the possibility of getting Pioneer for me under his privilege. RM is saying that I would need to create an account in india and then he can help me with the Pioneer upgrade.

1. Is it possible for a resident indian to be added under Pioneer banking of NRI? If yes, will I be considered as NRI?
2. I don't have any saving account with Indusind. Just have two credit cards - Platinum and Eazydiner. If I need to open an account now, which account should I consider just for opening?(considering RM will upgrade it to Pioneer later)

AlanDS

TF Buzz
Could anyone help me with the queries?

My brother recently got upgraded to Pioneer. He is a NRI. I am a resident of India and I would like to get Pioneer under family banking. My brother approached the RM and asked the possibility of getting Pioneer for me under his privilege. RM is saying that I would need to create an account in india and then he can help me with the Pioneer upgrade.

1. Is it possible for a resident indian to be added under Pioneer banking of NRI? If yes, will I be considered as NRI?
2. I don't have any saving account with Indusind. Just have two credit cards - Platinum and Eazydiner. If I need to open an account now, which account should I consider just for opening?(considering RM will upgrade it to Pioneer later)
Yes. Create a lower variant account which doesn't have debit card charges with some initial funding. Then inform your brother to submit pioneer grouping and upgrade form to his RM. Once your account is upgraded to Pioneer, you can withdraw all the funds..
I am also a NRI having Pioneer NR account and wanted to add my mom(she is a resident Indian). As per RMs suggestion, she created new Maxima account with 25k initial funding(Titanium/Platinum debit card is free in this variant) and later it was upgraded to Pioneer upon submitting Grouping-Upgrade request.

iamnisanth

TF Buzz
Yes. Create a lower variant account which doesn't have debit card charges with some initial funding. Then inform your brother to submit pioneer grouping and upgrade form to his RM. Once your account is upgraded to Pioneer, you can withdraw all the funds..
I am also a NRI having Pioneer NR account and wanted to add my mom(she is a resident Indian). As per RMs suggestion, she created new Maxima account with 25k initial funding(Titanium/Platinum debit card is free in this variant) and later it was upgraded to Pioneer upon submitting Grouping-Upgrade request.
Thanks so much sir/mam !! Very helpful :)

iamnisanth

TF Buzz
Hi, I have created a savings account and got it added to my brother's account. It shows Pioneer add on my net banking relationship page. How can I get hold of pioneer debit card? Will it be sent automatically or should i upgrade the card from mobile app? Please advise.

My account was SELECT variant before. I had 10L+ on my account before requesting for Pioneer upgrade. Do you have dedicated Pioneer branch nearby?
Hi, I do have Grande account and was keeping 5L+ balance for a while, now total balance in account is 10L+, My BM is not much helpful and when I spoke to him, he was not much interested in helping to upgrade the account to Poineer like sending email for upgrade etc as his branch only handle customer upto Grande, and he will loose one.

Please suggest what should I do? Shall I approach any higher official? Thanks in advance.

AlanDS

TF Buzz
Yes. You may try to contact higher official or inform your BM that you will move your account to another branch.
See if any nearby branch is ready to upgrade

I went to branch to open Exclusive account as it's debit card offers 0 forex markup. But RM offered me pioneer account which will be 0 MAB. Also He would give Legacy for free (without joining/renewal fees). I couldn't believe and told her that I will go through the offer and then decide. Any suggestions on this?

My main purpose is 0 forex markup/foreign atm withdrawal.

I already have pinnacle card.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I went to branch to open Exclusive account as it's debit card offers 0 forex markup. But RM offered me pioneer account which will be 0 MAB. Also He would give Legacy for free (without joining/renewal fees). I couldn't believe and told her that I will go through the offer and then decide. Any suggestions on this?

Go for Exclusive, don't fall for their tricks, as eventually, it will be downgraded back. Plus, Exclusive is a way better account compared to Pioneer. 😁

• Love
Reactions: SSV

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Pioneer account to be opened with low IP is fine with 0 mab is something thats true to believe,something that is off here its not just pioneer bank account but also legacy cc being offered without joining/renewal fees.(Looks very fishy)/ Ask them to give it in writing.

Pioneer account to be opened with low IP is fine with 0 mab is something thats true to believe,something that is off here its not just pioneer bank account but also legacy cc being offered without joining/renewal fees.(Looks very fishy)/ Ask them to give it in writing.
I also feel the same. I asked her to share details over WhatsApp. She shared the pdf. Attaching part of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205-181906~2.png
    Screenshot_20240205-181906~2.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 24