• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank Card declined

I have American express Reserve card & travel
Citi Bank Card
ICICI
&
almost all major banks credit card
have a CIBIL score of 780 & have decent income to be eligible for it but after filling the application form indusind bank said "at this moment we can't offer you a card"
any specific reason for the decline of the card?
Citi has this weird rule if you have multiple credit cards they usually resist from approving your Citi card, any such rule for IndusInd?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Citi Bank Card
ICICI
&
have a CIBIL score of 780 & have decent income to be eligible for it but after filling the application form indusind bank said "at this moment we can't offer you a card"
Citi has this weird rule if you have multiple credit cards they usually resist from approving your Citi card, any such rule for IndusInd?
Bank can tell you the exact reason... I'll suggest you to apply for indusind credit card from bankbazar (you can receive spam call and sms)... easiest way

tkdhang

TF Buzz
Citi Bank Card
ICICI
&
There is no such rule for indusind but their online credit card application system is buggy. One of my friend applied from indusind Bank official website with having an bank account with them and decent balance in it but got declined and I applied via bank bazaar and mine got approved in 10 days without having an indusind bank account.

Bank can tell you the exact reason... I'll suggest you to apply for indusind credit card from bankbazar (you can receive spam call and sms)... easiest way
I did the same applied from Bank bazar & Paisa bazar for Citi card, bank bazaar & Paisa bazaar both said it's a pre-approved card but still was rejected for Citi card Cause the end processing will happen at citi bank. The same way if I apply for IndusInd bank the end processing will happen at indusind they might again reject the application

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I did the same applied from Bank bazar & Paisa bazar for Citi card, bank bazaar & Paisa bazaar both said it's a pre-approved card but still was rejected for Citi card Cause the end processing will happen at citi bank. The same way if I apply for IndusInd bank the end processing will happen at indusind they might again reject the application
Getting citi is much harder... try Indusind from bank bazar.... they easily offer via bank bazar.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Citi Bank Card
ICICI
&
As suggested by Sumanta da, try bankbazar. The Platinum Aura Edge or LTF Legend get provided by them usually. If that doesn't work out for you or you're not comfortable to go with BB or PB, go with C2C through agent. Specifically which card you're trying to apply? Indulge/Legend/Explorer or anything else?

reddyb

TF Buzz
Citi Bank Card
ICICI
&
Not sure, why you even need IndusInd card. I feel so many conditions on reward earning . Find a no nonsense card like SCB ultimate, HSBC Cashback.

Getting citi is much harder... try Indusind from bank bazar.... they easily offer via bank bazar.
Why do you think getting CITI is much harder ?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Not sure, why you even need IndusInd card. I feel so many conditions on reward earning . Find a no nonsense card like SCB ultimate, HSBC Cashback.
IndusInd UHNI/HNI cards are decent, and somewhat really good in some matter. Rewards are decent + they provide lot of perks. Look into IndusInd Indulge, Pioneer Heritage Metal. Pioneer Heritage Metal is on MC World Elite, lots of perks which is far superior than VISA Infinite. Crest is also good but only for people who can take the advantage of it

mukundstud

TF Premier
Why do you think getting CITI is much harder ?
My first credit card was Paytm First CITI credit card. It got approved(without any income proof) with only 2 months old credit history of mine which only had Amazon Pay Later and Flipkart Pay Later accounts on it. For me, it was the easiest credit card to get.😆😆

I think it also depends on your luck. You can try applying for one through Paytm or Bankbazaar/Paisabazaar, if you are OK with adding a Credit Card enquiry to your credit report. But better not apply for it since CITI India business is being acquired by Axis Bank.

mukundstud

TF Premier
How to apply for Paytm CITI CC?
If you use Paytm frequently(I am not a heavy user of paytm, but use it often), then you will see an option of "Paytm Credit Card" in your app. You can apply through that option. Paytm may offer you a credit card either through CITI, HDFC or SBI. But most of my acquaintances have been offered Paytm CITI.