• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indie account debir freezed

cleverpappu

TF Premier
Who said this ? Banks stay cautious as it’s unofficial RBI diktat ! SC lifted the ban which RBI imposed earlier and this was quite a long time ago !

Crypto trading (P2P) demands caution as u don’t know what kind of money u are taking in ?

You might have proofs that txn was genuine and u received funds in lieu of crypto. But those funds may be tainted (received from fraud) , so eventually u will be the victim of lien/freeze !!

Solely bcoz of this , I left P2P despite making around 7-8k per day on various trading platforms !
I have seen on idfc bank statement.

cleverpappu

TF Premier
I have seen on idfc bank statement.
As per notification dated April 6, 2018, RBI has advised that, Bank shall not deal in Virtual Currencies (VCs) or provide services for facilitating any person or
entity in dealing with or settling VCs. IDFC FIRST Bank does not encourage its customers to use their accounts maintained with us for carrying out
transactions involving any kind of virtual/ crypto currencies and hence, we request you to refrain from transactions involving dealing in Bitcoin or any other
virtual/ crypto currencies.
• We also wish to advise you that if transactions relating to any kind of VCs are witnessed in your account, the Bank may be constrained to close your
account, as per RBI notification dated April 6, 2018.

Above lines still mentioned in this month's statement

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
As per notification dated April 6, 2018, RBI has advised that, Bank shall not deal in Virtual Currencies (VCs) or provide services for facilitating any person or
entity in dealing with or settling VCs. IDFC FIRST Bank does not encourage its customers to use their accounts maintained with us for carrying out
transactions involving any kind of virtual/ crypto currencies and hence, we request you to refrain from transactions involving dealing in Bitcoin or any other
virtual/ crypto currencies.
• We also wish to advise you that if transactions relating to any kind of VCs are witnessed in your account, the Bank may be constrained to close your
account, as per RBI notification dated April 6, 2018.

Above lines still mentioned in this month's statement
“It has come to our attention through media reports that certain banks/regulated entities have cautioned their customers against dealing in virtual currencies by making a reference to the RBI circular dated April 06, 2018,” the central bank said.

“Such references to the above circular by banks/ regulated entities are not in order as this circular was set aside by the Hon’ble Supreme Court on March 04, 2020. As such, in view of the order… the circular is no longer valid from the date of the Supreme Court judgement, and therefore cannot be cited or quoted from,” RBI said.

Strange

TF Legend
Any mail received regarding freeze? Any reason they mentioned for freeze?
Nope, no email was received regarding the freeze. BM said that I have to wait for a few days as he has already escalated it to their concerned team. No clear reason was given for freeze but they said that you opened Indie account that might be reason for freeze.

doraemon

TF Ace
No clear reason was given for freeze but they said that you opened Indie account that might be reason for freeze.
Wtf
From when opening accounts had become a reason of freeze?
They are giving absurd statements
Seeing all this sudden freezes in indie accounts and recent devaluation it's no at all feasible to fund account again with 50k.
What if on funding with 50k they put freeze

theda

TF Premier
Nope, no email was received regarding the freeze. BM said that I have to wait for a few days as he has already escalated it to their concerned team. No clear reason was given for freeze but they said that you opened Indie account that might be reason for freeze.
They are strange

Strange

TF Legend
They are strange
They said that the Indie account is being used by scammers, and that's why they are freezing our accounts even for genuine users. If Indie gets frozen, then other linked accounts also get frozen as this freeze is at the CIF level.

Indie is following Fi and Jupiter.

cleverpappu

TF Premier
My problem is not about money. But my main issue is i had indie credit line EMI from indie account.

There is no other way to pay those EMI neither through 3rd party application or through branch or any other means.

Only 2 emi were remaining
1 already bounced coz of this debit freeze
Last is on 5th april.

I'm worried they'll report it as default in my cibil.
Currently my CIBIL is 796 without any default 4.5 years history.
This one stupidity of bank will destroy it.
I also have to take a urgent home loan in may end.
Current status of your indie? @Bhagat Singh

Last edited:

Bhagat Singh

TF Premier
They said that the Indie account is being used by scammers, and that's why they are freezing our accounts even for genuine users. If Indie gets frozen, then other linked accounts also get frozen as this freeze is at the CIF level.

Indie is following Fi and Jupiter.
This is not true. If indie gets frozen it does freeze whole CIF id or other account.

My only indie account is frozen rest all 5 account with indusind are working normally. Also even after indie being freezed they're allowing credit into indie via 2 methods.

Bhagat Singh

TF Premier
Current status of your indie? @Bhagat Singh
Current status of Bhagat Singh's india is very bad. There is too much corruption.Very sad
My account is still freezed. They are allowing credit into frozen account via 2 methods. Also they debited emi from frozen Account but not unfreezing account.

I have escalated to principal nodal officer desk. But there is not even 1 single reply from any level. Indie customer care and indie relationship manager is pathetic.

Visited branch 5 times in 1 month. Both RM and manager sent email to concerned department for removal of freeze but they didn't even reply branch manager😅😅.

Branch manager showed me emails he sent on his monitor. He said aage se reply nhi aa rha bhai toh ab kya hi kre. Ek mail aur daal deta hu reply aayega toh btaa dunga.

I don't know what can be done.

I have lodged complaint RBI 3 days ago. Waiting for any resolution.

Lordkk

TF Premier
My account is still freezed. They are allowing credit into frozen account via 2 methods. Also they debited emi from frozen Account but not unfreezing account.

I have escalated to principal nodal officer desk. But there is not even 1 single reply from any level. Indie customer care and indie relationship manager is pathetic.

Visited branch 5 times in 1 month. Both RM and manager sent email to concerned department for removal of freeze but they didn't even reply branch manager😅😅.

Branch manager showed me emails he sent on his monitor. He said aage se reply nhi aa rha bhai toh ab kya hi kre. Ek mail aur daal deta hu reply aayega toh btaa dunga.

I don't know what can be done.

I have lodged complaint RBI 3 days ago. Waiting for any resolution.
Bhagat Singh.....Amar Rahe