• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect hard enquiry of loan by ICICI (for credit card)

pjain2712

TF Premier
Hello, I had received pre-approved ICICI Sapphiro card last year (Q1 of 2022) as I had salary account with them and it was unconditional LTF so had applied. Card is generated instantly as well but I see the same card limit amount is showing in my CIBIL as Personal Loan, is it expected?
Does it make sense to report this now to ICICI and get it removed or should I ignore as it is old enquiry? Please advise.

pjain2712

TF Premier
You can share your full unedited credit report with the Banks. They already have your full credit report when that enquiry had occurred in your CIBIL report. Banks ask for your credit report just to be sure that the original person to whom that credit report belongs is sharing his credit report and not someone else on his behalf. You are sharing your credit report directly to the bank and not to any 3rd party person so it is 100% safe to share full report.
okay, thanks

pjain2712

TF Premier
Received below response from ICICI:

Dear Customer,

With reference to your e-mail we inform you that we have initiated request for cibil suppression and this going to process within in a 7 working days and it is subject to approval. We request you to write us after 7 working days .

pjain2712

TF Premier

Dear Customer,

With reference to your e-mail we inform you that we have initiated request for cibil suppression and this going to process within in a 7 working days and it is subject to approval. We request you to write us after 7 working days .
Will it be removed from all credit bureaus or not?

Akashn

TF Ace

Dear Customer,

where did you complain and how did you get cibil report with cibil subscription? do they accept third party report?

Trust Me

TF Ace
I have raised complaint thru email customersupport@icicibank.com

I've sent email complaint against false Personal Loan enquiries to customer.care@icicibank.com with cc to senior.management. Wasn't even aware of customersupport@icicibank.com. (Knew about pbsupport@icicibank.com, but that doesn't work anymore!)

I had attached the CRN + just the relevant parts of the CIBIL report.

After a couple of days received a template response from customer.care@icicibank.com asking for the CIBIL report plus a whole bunch of other info that the Bank should already have in their records! Evidently nobody even read my mail before shooting off a canned response!

I ignored it, because thankfully somebody had also forwarded my mail to customersupport@icicibank.com, and they responded concurrently asking for 5 working days. After 8 days they informed me that they had sent a removal request to CIBIL, and it should take another 10 - 15 days to reflect. They hadn't even asked for anything beyond whatever I had attached with my original complaint!

I don't know what purpose the address customer.care@icicibank.com serves!

Last edited:

panu24

TF Ace
I've sent email complaint against false Personal Loan enquiries to customer.care@icicibank.com with cc to senior.management. Wasn't even aware of customersupport@icicibank.com. (Knew about pbsupport@icicibank.com, but that doesn't work anymore!)

I had attached the CRN + just the relevant parts of the CIBIL report.

After a couple of days received a template response from customer.care@icicibank.com asking for the CIBIL report plus a whole bunch of other info that the Bank should already have in their records! Evidently nobody even read my mail before shooting off a canned response!

I ignored it, because thankfully somebody had also forwarded my mail to customersupport@icicibank.com, and they responded concurrently asking for 5 working days. After 8 days they informed me that they had sent a removal request to CIBIL, and it should take another 10 - 15 days to reflect. They hadn't even asked for anything beyond whatever I had attached with my original complaint!

I don't know what purpose the address customer.care@icicibank.com serves!
It depends on bank and the people working on your complaint. For some people partial report also worked in removal of cibil enquiry, some send it unedited that also works.
For icici first level support email id is customer.care@icicibank.com

Trust Me

TF Ace
For icici first level support email id is customer.care@icicibank.com

In my experience this address has been pretty much useless. The staff are usually not properly trained, and often seemingly unqualified, unable to comprehend the subject matter, providing irrelevant and nonsensical responses.

Of course, the silver lining may be that it could give hope to some people that no one is unemployable.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In my experience this address has been pretty much useless. The staff are usually not properly trained, and often seemingly unqualified, unable to comprehend the subject matter, providing irrelevant and nonsensical responses.

Of course, the silver lining may be that it could give hope to some people that no one is unemployable.
I second this opinion. They are basically first year graduates who can speak some language. It is even worse the situation is same with Wealth Banking Support also.
However I found calling Apay CC support number is preferable and the staff there are better. To my surprise he responded to me "Welcome to ICICI Wealth" even though I called Apay support. Means, Apay support team was selected with inputs from Amazon and they serve other CCs also based on customer relationship level...