• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax notice for credit card spends..

COmM4nDer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1) If CC spends on all the cards held by a particular Bank crosses 10L , then it will be reported by that Bank to ITD and presented in AIS.

2) this doesn't necessarily mean that you get any notice.
3) If you get a notice , then you need to substantiate the transactions..
10 lakhs Per bank is way too high for someone to reach easily. I thought 10lks on all banks CC combined so was worried.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
10 lakhs Per bank is way too high for someone to reach easily. I thought 10lks on all banks CC combined so was worried.
Yes, for a normal guy..

If you have an accounted source of income then if you spend 1 cr also no problem..
This is just to filter out and find high spenders and see if ITD can find any tax avoidance. , obviously they can't check every person hence they want some probable list of tax payer where they can get more revenue to ITD..
Generally you won't get notice as soon as something appears in AIS..
There are so many big fishes to catch for ITD, so fikar math....

But keep an account for all your transactions, if needed in the future and don't lose sleep on this..enjoy life

Last edited:

rohansamal

TF Buzz
I have a query. We own a building, and one Utility bill comes to around 2 L per month. The Utility bill is in my parents' name. But I've started paying it (and getting the money from parents later) via CC. Will this be a problem?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a query. We own a building, and one Utility bill comes to around 2 L per month. The Utility bill is in my parents' name. But I've started paying it (and getting the money from parents later) via CC. Will this be a problem?
No Problem as it is between parent and child.... But maintain the documents for future if needed.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Paytm has a max of 1L in wallet for KYC accounts, I meant if I load the wallet and use it for 10L+ total for a FY.
It is kind of SB transactions that can be traced.. so it doesn’t come under any of these categories to be reported.. hence you can relax..
There is a reason why they are capped at 1L pm.
The reason is exactly this only, that is to restrict..

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Last edited:
Per year or Financial Year.

1. Per year = From 1 Jan 2023 to 31st December 2023 ?

2. FY year = From 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024.

which one is correct please guide?

Before 84-85, it used to be calendar year - for banks n ITD. Then, Forex rates used to be quoted Indirectly (meaning - for fixed Rs 100 how many USD or how many GBP....).

Then, we - banks, ITD, MCA (ministry of corporate affairs).... all moved to Financial Year - Apr 01 to Mar 31. And, to Direct Rates in all forex Trxns - meaning how much each foreign currency unit will cost in our rupees. That huge, gigantic shift took a lot of time to stabilize. Remember, there were NO computers, NO online banking and NO electronic settlements. We had a very tough time.