• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Imperia "Family Benefits" account addition question

Quick question on this HDFC's Imperia account. I understand one can upgrade a family member's account if you're an Imperia customer.

My question on this family benefit is:
1. If I have an Imperia account and my spouse or parents have a regular HDFC bank account - does that get simply upgraded to Imperia or do I have to create a joint account of some type?
2. How does one do it?
3. Does the family member get all the Imperia benefits whatever they might be?

Solution
1. If I have an Imperia account and my spouse or parents have a regular HDFC bank account - does that get simply upgraded to Imperia or do I have to create a joint account of some type?
They get upgraded to Imperia once they are added to your family banking. You can add upto 7 more accounts (Total 8 including yours).
You just have to show relation between all of you, Spouse, parents, kids, grandparents, etc.

2. How does one do it?
Speak to RM, they have a family ID linking form. First holder of all the accounts will have to sign.

Yes, all the benefits are given to all account holders except locker, there can only be 1 free...

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Quick question on this HDFC's Imperia account. I understand one can upgrade a family member's account if you're an Imperia customer.

My question on this family benefit is:
2. How does one do it?
1. Their account gets upgraded to Imperia. And if any MAB constraint is there, it applies only to your account.
2. You need to check with your RM
3. Yes

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hi your RM should raise a request to create a family group then only all your family members can enjoy benifit.

Locker facility is at the group level one family group can have one locker

Rest credit card and debit and transaction limit are at individual level

My mom is senior citizen she has LTF card with 9lakh limit ..here am with stable income stuck with 5.75 :(

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
They get upgraded to Imperia once they are added to your family banking. You can add upto 7 more accounts (Total 8 including yours).
You just have to show relation between all of you, Spouse, parents, kids, grandparents, etc.

2. How does one do it?
Speak to RM, they have a family ID linking form. First holder of all the accounts will have to sign.

Yes, all the benefits are given to all account holders except locker, there can only be 1 free locker per group ID.

Solution

pranavcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

2. How does one do it?

Yes, all the benefits are given to all account holders except locker, there can only be 1 free locker per group ID.
Don't know what my rm did my mom is imperia rest all preferred but he is saying all are linked

Avid_snake

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't know what my rm did my mom is imperia rest all preferred but he is saying all are linked
Ask your RM to raise a request for converting the linked accounts to Imperia. There will be a SMS sent to all individual person who then have to confirm the upgrade

Having said that if you're already in preferred there is hardly any advantage of upgrading to Imperia.

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

2. How does one do it?

Hi, @alphadark7 had one off-topic query, the upvote option on the right-hand side was not coming before. Is it available only after a moderator replies to any post?

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi, @alphadark7 had one off-topic query, the upvote option on the right-hand side was not coming before. Is it available only after a moderator replies to any post?
When someone asks a question, there are 4 options to create that thread
1) Poll
2) Question
3) Discussion
4) Article

If it is a question and the person has selected Discussion, we correct the thread type.

SoN!c

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My imperia RM did a wonderful job, linked some strangers to my account and created family banking, Unless i read a mail from hdfc, I could have still shared my imperia with strangers. Took couple of weeks to remove them.
Indeed, it takes a lot of effort to be this inefficient no? Heera hai aapka RM.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

2. How does one do it?

Do you get the portfolio file with name printed on it, these days ?

chbhk619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Not necessary. It can be in any branch. Me and my wife have accounts in different branches but still under family banking. The RM of primary holder becomes RM for everyone under family banking
Does the same applies to Preferred as well? because i have preferred account but even though my wife is added to my family its still basic... So just need a confirmation on that.