• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Impact of closing Slice Account on Credit Score

I have been using slice card for more than 2 years. Last week I have got Amazon pay credit card as my first credit card. So, I wnated to close my slice account but not sure of impact on credit score as it was there for past 2 years +.

Also, i want to get credit cards from hdfc,Axis, IDFC bank as well as Amex in near future. So, by closing the account will it impact my applications for these.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
hmmm it a tricky thing to answered cause even Apay ICICI statement isn't eligible for some cc application.. some take bank take it and some doesn't not, my advice may be keep slice for another 3 -4 month and using Apay more and try IDFC cc , what your limit of slice and apay

akshayhs

TF Ace
I have been using slice card for more than 2 years. Last week I have got Amazon pay credit card as my first credit card. So, I wnated to close my slice account but not sure of impact on credit score as it was there for past 2 years +.

Also, i want to get credit cards from hdfc,Axis, IDFC bank as well as Amex in near future. So, by closing the account will it impact my applications for these.
It's a credit line. So it won't impact your score as much compared to a Credit card, at least not negatively. When my account got moved from one NBFC to another, my score actually shot up (No idea, why and how). But when the new account was added back to my report, my score remained unaffected.

I think since it's 2 years and your first credit card is recent, no harm in keeping it active and not spend your credit on Slice. But, the fact that a consumer loan will be active on your report, that's the only drawback.

BTW, How many attempts did it take you to get your Amazon Pay card?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
No changes.... Atleast for credit line..I have closed flipkart pay later and paytm postpaid. I closed my first fd based kotak card... 1 years old but no effect on Cibil....

If you regularly pay your bills and credit utilisation ratio is less than 30% I dont think any major effect happens....

hmmm it a tricky thing to answered cause even Apay ICICI statement isn't eligible for some cc application.. some take bank take it and some doesn't not, my advice may be keep slice for another 3 -4 month and using Apay more and try IDFC cc , what your limit of slice and apa
hmmm it a tricky thing to answered cause even Apay ICICI statement isn't eligible for some cc application.. some take bank take it and some doesn't not, my advice may be keep slice for another 3 -4 month and using Apay more and try IDFC cc , what your limit of slice and apay
Slice = 48000
Amazon Pay Card= 110,000

It's a credit line. So it won't impact your score as much compared to a Credit card, at least not negatively. When my account got moved from one NBFC to another, my score actually shot up (No idea, why and how). But when the new account was added back to my report, my score remained unaffected.

I think since it's 2 years and your first credit card is recent, no harm in keeping it active and not spend your credit on Slice. But, the fact that a consumer loan will be active on your report, that's the only drawback.

BTW, How many attempts did it take you to get your Amazon Pay card?
2 attempts

Amitt Aryan

TF Premier
Mobile recharge
Something around 500
Same for both ... 25 and 50 ... 500 recharge amounts

Nowadays Paytm charges 2-4 Rupees extra for recharge and no discounts
Ao I don't use Paytm for recharge anymore

Sabka yehi hai ... Once established then stops all offers but they don't understand that nowadays customers are also smart
Phonepe, paytm lost their charm.
Gpay is just saved due to Ace I guess.
Though dont use that much.
Amazon and mobikwik is my primary utility payment stop.

TF Ace
TF Family
Mobile recharge
Something around 500
Same for both ... 25 and 50 ... 500 recharge amounts

Nowadays Paytm charges 2-4 Rupees extra for recharge and no discounts
Ao I don't use Paytm for recharge anymore

Sabka yehi hai ... Once established then stops all offers but they don't understand that nowadays customers are also smart
Amazon Pay is the best (currently). Good offers now and then!