• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC first not upgrading account to Select

Quantum

TF Premier
@TheTrickySid the Select credit card will be pre approved for me or will it be based on some criteria and they'll roll it out based on that?
Haha.. IDFC is one bank where the type and level of savings account relationship has almost negligible significance in credit card provisioning.
It's not like you get Select program and you get upgraded to Select CC, or you get Wealth program and you get upgraded to Wealth CC.
In IDFC, one can have an account under Wealth program and still being offered Millennia CC. That's IDFC for you.
They will give more weightage to your credit score, history, limit on other card(s), etc., than to your IDFC account.

devilbingo

TF Buzz
Haha.. IDFC is one bank where the type and level of savings account relationship has almost negligible significance in credit card provisioning.
It's not like you get Select program and you get upgraded to Select CC, or you get Wealth program and you get upgraded to Wealth CC.
In IDFC, one can have an account under Wealth program and still being offered Millennia CC. That's IDFC for you.
They will give more weightage to your credit score, history, limit on other card(s), etc., than to your IDFC account.
Got it 😞
So currently I have no credit card except for IDFC wow. I have used for 6 months and paid everything on time. Should I expect select CC? Can select CC be issued based on salary criteria?

Quantum

TF Premier
Got it 😞
So currently I have no credit card except for IDFC wow. I have used for 6 months and paid everything on time. Should I expect select CC? Can select CC be issued based on salary criteria?
You are working/self-employed I assume so you could get many other credit cards too.
Don't get disheartened, things may take some time, but you would get even better than Select CC.
Just try to build a good credit history, getting the credit limit increased, getting better and better CCs over time.
Can select CC be issued based on salary criteria?
Maybe, maybe not.
You could try.
However, there are many threads in this forum on IDFC CCs, where members have shared their experience of getting a lower version of CC than they expected with/without C2C (online) method. And also, they have shared the ways to get the higher versions of IDFC CCs by using different mobile number other than the one you have already registered with IDFC.

To know the specifics, please search for those threads in this forum and start there.

devilbingo

TF Buzz
You are working/self-employed I assume so you could get many other credit cards too.
Don't get disheartened, things may take some time, but you would get even better than Select CC.
Just try to build a good credit history, getting the credit limit increased, getting better and better CCs over time.

Maybe, maybe not.
You could try.
However, there are many threads in this forum on IDFC CCs, where members have shared their experience of getting a lower version of CC than they expected with/without C2C (online) method. And also, they have shared the ways to get the higher versions of IDFC CCs by using different mobile number other than the one you have already registered with IDFC.

To know the specifics, please search for those threads in this forum and start there.
Thank you for the detailed response! I am salaried with a good salary, I'll check some threads here for tips on how to get a good credit card. If you have any thread link handy, can you please share?

Quantum

TF Premier
Thank you for the detailed response! I am salaried with a good salary, I'll check some threads here for tips on how to get a good credit card. If you have any thread link handy, can you please share?
You can start here: (Although for Wealth CC, but process/workarounds would be almost same for other variants.)

Do check the threads mentioned in "Similar threads" at the bottom of these threads.

Also, just a clarification that in no way I was undermining your salary or earnings in my previous post. It is just the fact that it sometimes takes some time to build the premium and super premium credit cards line-up.

shashank08

TF Premier
Which is why they'll continue to remain IDFC (I Don't F€¢king Care), and never become HDFC. Period.
Even HDFC doesn't care .. HDFC care more about existing limit and expenditure using their CC.. so IDFC is I Don't Fu**ing Care then HDFC is HarDly Fu**ing Care.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Did u got select for cc?
Then with same 5 lakh select cheque book 😅
Go to Induslnd & open induslnd Grande
U will get cc in-hand in a jist process

Once u get pinnacle(idk this is right or not ) cc with more than 50k limit
U can get their premium account zero balance .. meaning u can downgrade the grande account. Or just hold till they downgrade 😁😁

Same goes for HFDC
OPEN SAVING MAX ONLINE OR OFFLINE IF U go to branch & feel they are helpful.
Maintain 1 L .
& Do transaction from debit card .
U will get cc offer in 3 month
Don't take inital offer bcz credit limit might be low & they won't increase if u cry in night daily
Got it 😞

devilbingo

TF Buzz
They told they are working on it and I followed up 3 times n then left. When RM called I had 5L+ in savings account and when I started to follow up it came to 4L+ and now I have close to 3L and sometimes 3L+
I think you should escalate the case, try following up on the nodal e-mail. When I mailed them the branch RM called me twice everyday for assuring me that my request will be fulfilled and they'll working on it 😂

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think you should escalate the case, try following up on the nodal e-mail. When I mailed them the branch RM called me twice everyday for assuring me that my request will be fulfilled and they'll working on it 😂
Now I lost interest in upgrading as I don't find scope to upgrade. Do u think it's better to upgrade from normal 25k mab account to select?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Now I lost interest in upgrading as I don't find scope to upgrade. Do u think it's better to upgrade from normal 25k mab account to select?
No 👎 .

Saving account has nothing to do with offers or cc .
They will give u offer even when u don't have account &
Even with account they will make u cry to death
Specially branch manager & staff are pathetic

If u upgrade make sure u convert your 25k to 10k account then enroll in select program .
Bcz u have to maintain that base account balance .

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
yeah when i mailed them, my issue was resolved by the RM, albeit some days later

sleepysurya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks @TheTrickySid and others for suggestion. Today got a call from branch RM that my account is upgraded to Select, he sent a snapshot from his computer showing my account upgraded to Select.
But I'm yet to see the change in netbanking and the app 🤔
Is now your account showing as Select in net banking /app? If yes, how many days it took to reflect?