• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC first not upgrading account to Select

devilbingo

TF Buzz
I have a MAB of around 5Lakhs in my IDFC first bank savings account for more than 5 months. I raised the request to upgrade my account to select through branch RM, he sent me a link and I clicked that and initiated the process. Even after 3 months of doing so my account is not being upgraded. The RM says it's in progress and waiting approval from some regional manager or someone. How do I get it upgraded now? The RM is not helping. Should I complaint to customer care?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I have a MAB of around 5Lakhs in my IDFC first bank savings account for more than 5 months. I raised the request to upgrade my account to select through branch RM, he sent me a link and I clicked that and initiated the process. Even after 3 months of doing so my account is not being upgraded. The RM says it's in progress and waiting approval from some regional manager or someone. How do I get it upgraded now? The RM is not helping. Should I complaint to customer care?
@aayusharyan @S S V

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
nodaldesk@idfcfirstbank.com

Mail your issue here and see the magic.

Quantum

TF Premier
If a new customer walks-in to a branch and asks for the Wealth program, they are asked to make initial deposit of 5L. Saying this from personal experience in Bengaluru.
So by that logic, with 5L, a supportive RM can get you upgraded to Wealth program.
The truth is that your RM didn't even follow up after you gave your consent for Select program via the link.
After mailing the nodal desk, you may get a call from them. Tell them the whole story and can also ask for upgrade to Wealth if possible.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

devilbingo

TF Buzz
If a new customer walks-in to a branch and asks for the Wealth program, they are asked to make initial deposit of 5L. Saying this from personal experience in Bengaluru.
So by that logic, with 5L, a supportive RM can get you upgraded to Wealth program.
The truth is that your RM didn't even follow up after you gave your consent for Select program via the link.
After mailing the nodal desk, you may get a call from them. Tell them the whole story and can also ask for upgrade to Wealth if possible.
Looks like this is the case here. But are you sure they'll give wealth in just 5L? I want wealth but can't maintain the 10L (what i have heard)

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Looks like this is the case here. But are you sure they'll give wealth in just 5L? I want wealth but can't maintain the 10L (what i have heard)
it's not easy. you can play pressure tactics like, take a single cheque of 5L written. ask for wealth, else tell them you'll goto axis/kotak/indusind. if they still don't budge tell them you can add funds by the time the account is opened.

Quantum

TF Premier
I'm 100% sure for "new" account opening with 5L to get upgraded to Wealth program.
Not very sure about existing customers. You can casually walk-in to any IDFC branch and ask the BM for Wealth program upgrade criteria for existing customer.
Once anyone's account is upgraded to Wealth, they can withdraw the amount if they want. The program will not be downgraded.
IDFC has still not enforced this as ongoing criteria. Just don't tell any IDFC employee that you will be withdrawing the funds.

Last edited:

Quantum

TF Premier
it's not easy. you can play pressure tactics like, take a single cheque of 5L written. ask for wealth, else tell them you'll goto axis/kotak/indusind. if they still don't budge tell them you can add funds by the time the account is opened.
devilbingo seems to be an existing IDFC account holder.

devilbingo

TF Buzz
Thanks @TheTrickySid and others for suggestion. Today got a call from branch RM that my account is upgraded to Select, he sent a snapshot from his computer showing my account upgraded to Select.
But I'm yet to see the change in netbanking and the app 🤔

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Thanks @TheTrickySid and others for suggestion. Today got a call from branch RM that my account is upgraded to Select, he sent a snapshot from his computer showing my account upgraded to Select.
But I'm yet to see the change in netbanking and the app 🤔
i think that'll take some time to reflect