• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank launched its debit card reward system recently. Now you'll earn reward points for spending money using your IDFC First Bank debit card.
Reward portal link - https://www.firstrewards.com/

Screenshot_20230204_124537_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reward system for IDFC First Bank normal debit card-
2000 welcome reward points on IDFC First normal debit card transaction above Rs. 1000

Online transaction- earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 20,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Select debit card reward system-
4000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 2 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Wealth debit card reward system-
8000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 4 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 3 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend
10X reward points (10 reward points per Rs. 150) for every Rs. 150 spent via debit card on incremental spends above Rs. 50,000 in a month.

IDFC First Bank Private debit card reward system-
20,000 welcome reward points on first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000
Online transaction- earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 150 spend
Offline transaction- earn 4 reward point for every Rs. 150 spend

Exclusions: Payment to Mutual Funds, Insurance, Financial Institutions, Security Brokers, Dealers, Wallet Uploads, Quasi Cash, ATM Withdrawals, Credit Card Payments and Account Transfers transactions are not a part of FIRST Rewards program, Please refer to the TnC page for specific Merchant Codes that are excluded.

1 reward point = Rs. 0.25

Note: You'll earn core reward points depending on your debit card variant, along with the 10X points.

A monthly reward point accrual capping will be applicable based on user’s program membership. (w.e.f. 1st December 2023)

Type of ProgramMonthly Point Capping
General8,000
Select30,000
Wealth50,000
Private5,00,000

How to redeem- You can redeem your reward points against gift vouchers, flight booking, recharge, etc.
Just click on "Redeem" and you'll see all the available options.
Link- https://www.firstrewards.com/user/burn

These are the excluded mcc's. You won't receive any reward points for spending on these categories.

Merchant CodesMerchant Categories
6300INSURANCE SALES AND UNDERWRITING
6012FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS - MERCHANDISE & SERVICES
6211SECURITY BROKERS/DEALERS
6051QUASI CASH
6540WALLET UPLOAD

Reward Rate:-

IDFC First Bank Normal Debit Card-
Online- 0.33%
Offline- 0.17%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2%; Offline- 1.84%

IDFC First Bank Select Debit Card-
Online- 0.50%
Offline- 0.33%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.17%; Offline- 2%

IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card-
Online- 0.67%
Offline- 0.50%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.34%; Offline- 2.17%

IDFC First Bank Private Debit Card-
Online- 1%
Offline- 0.67%
10X category- 1.67%
Incremental spends above Rs. 50,000: Online- 2.67%; Offline- 2.34%

Update on 14th July: IDFC First Bank relaunched its debit card reward system on 14th July, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Update on 22 Dec, 2023: IDFC First Bank updated its debit card reward system on 1st Dec, 2023.
We've made the necessary changes in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

rahulc

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,

I currently have an IDFC Platinum Debit Card which I haven't used yet for any online transactions. According to the terms, I will receive 2000 welcome reward points on my first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000.

Recently, my account was upgraded to IDFC Wealth, and I'm waiting for my new Wealth Debit Card to be delivered. My question is: if I make a transaction with my IDFC Platinum Debit Card and earn the 2000 welcome reward points, will I still be eligible to receive an additional 8000 points on the first transaction with my Wealth Debit Card?

I'd appreciate any insights or experiences regarding this. Thank you!

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi everyone,

I currently have an IDFC Platinum Debit Card which I haven't used yet for any online transactions. According to the terms, I will receive 2000 welcome reward points on my first debit card transaction above Rs. 1000.

Recently, my account was upgraded to IDFC Wealth, and I'm waiting for my new Wealth Debit Card to be delivered. My question is: if I make a transaction with my IDFC Platinum Debit Card and earn the 2000 welcome reward points, will I still be eligible to receive an additional 8000 points on the first transaction with my Wealth Debit Card?

You would only receive 8k point cause I also did the same.

rahulc

TF Buzz
You would only receive 8k point cause I also did the same.
Thanks for the response!

Just to clarify, does that mean the 2000 points from the normal IDFC debit card won't be awarded? I was under the impression that I could receive 2000 points from the Platinum Debit Card and then an additional 8000 points when using the Wealth Debit Card. Is that not the case?

Thanks again for your help!

Hi everyone,

The user got the welcome points for both normal account and wealth account yesterday itself. Have a look at above messages in the link shared.

@saket22992 can share his experience better.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Thanks for the response!

Just to clarify, does that mean the 2000 points from the normal IDFC debit card won't be awarded? I was under the impression that I could receive 2000 points from the Platinum Debit Card and then an additional 8000 points when using the Wealth Debit Card. Is that not the case?

Thanks again for your help!
Yes cause you can't have both of them duh! Cause that 8k will be refecting on both and you can buy amazon pay voucher just I did for 1200 for your first trnx cause that mcc is not excluded n in 14 working days you will get the point. N plus both dc would be active so if you Try n use the normal dc then only 2k no 8k reward point.

Hi everyone,

You would have got the points twice if you transacted with your platinum card before wealth upgradation. now that your account is upgraded you can get it only once.
The other user transacted before upgradation so he got it twice.

rahulc

TF Buzz
Yes cause you can't have both of them duh! Cause that 8k will be refecting on both and you can buy amazon pay voucher just I did for 1200 for your first trnx cause that mcc is not excluded n in 14 working days you will get the point. N plus both dc would be active so if you Try n use the normal dc then only 2k no 8k reward point.
I only have Platinum debit card active right now which I haven't used till now. Wealth Debit card is not delivered yet.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-24 at 11.23.07 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-24 at 11.23.07 PM.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 11

rahulc

TF Buzz
You would have got the points twice if you transacted with your platinum card before wealth upgradation. now that your account is upgraded you can get it only once.
The other user transacted before upgradation so he got it twice.
My RM says Wealth account is approved, I received email as well. But my app still says Regular Saving Account and My Wealth debit card is also not dispatched yet. Does this mean I can still get points twice if I use it now?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-24 at 11.27.56 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-24 at 11.27.56 PM.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.31.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.31.20 PM.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 15

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

Y e s
8k for new family member too

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

The user got the welcome points for both normal account and wealth account yesterday itself. Have a look at above messages in the link shared.

@saket22992 can share his experience better.
Mujhse puch lo

Kal he points aaye hai

My RM says Wealth account is approved, I received email as well. But my app still says Regular Saving Account and My Wealth debit card is also not dispatched yet. Does this mean I can still get points twice if I use it now?
can you see your wealth debit card on your app. you can set your pin before delivery also, no need of physical card.

I don't think you will get 2000 welcome points since you have been upgraded to wealth. why worry for 500 rs when you can get 12500/month 😂 😂

rahulc

TF Buzz
can you see your wealth debit card on your app. you can set your pin before delivery also, no need of physical card.

I don't think you will get 2000 welcome points since you have been upgraded to wealth. why worry for 500 rs when you can get 12500/month 😂 😂
Got it, Thanks 😁

rahulc

TF Buzz
Quick question: I need to make a payment of Rs. 40,071 this month for hotel bookings on MakeMyTrip. Should I use my SBI Cashback Credit Card or my IDFC First Wealth Debit Card?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.