• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank freezes the account if welcome kit is returned undelivered.

theda

TF Premier
==== Short version ======
My new Idfc account welcome kit was returned due to the Bluedart's shitty service. IDFC froze my account even after I told them its Bluedart's fault that the packet was returned.

==== Long version ========

So, opened an account with IDFC and the account opening process was smooth, completed everything under few minutes. The very next day welcome kit was dispatched through Bluedart. Now this is when the real story starts.

The Bluedart services in my area is like shit and their customer services is worst than shit (tell me if you know a word for it). The delivery person called me and said that he is waiting for me somewhere 8 km away 🤣. He asked me to come and receive the packet. I refused asking him to come to the address written at the packet. Now the worst thing they do is updates the reason for failed delivery as incorrect address even if it is correct.

The next day I visited the Bluedart's hub and asked them to give me the packet annnd funny enough they said it's a bank shipment and can only be delivered at mentioned address with a proof of Identity. I contacted the customer support of Bluedart every single day for 7 days and only response was that you will get it by evening. After 7 days they returned the packet.

After that I contected IDFC and told them every thing and specifically asked them to resend it with any other courier service except Bluedart. They were quick to resend it within a day but aagain with shitty Bluedart. 🙄

Then after few minutes I got a sms that my account is frozen due the welcome kit being returned. This is worst reason I have seen for freezing a bank account. No other bank I have known does this. This is after they knew the exact reason of return.

I mailed them and still waiting for response. will update the once I get an update.

==== Update 10:50 AM - 27/09/23 ====

I got a reply and they said that they can't remove the freeze untill the welcome kit is delivered. But the irony is again this time they sent it with Bluedart which will not be delivered.

==== Update 12:18 PM - 27/09/23 ====

I got another call and freeze has now been removed 😄. Great customer support. But this is a bad practice they should freeze the for such silly reasons. According to them its a first verification which kind of looks right but actually is absurd. I mean I didn't typed the address you took it from UIDAI database so consider it verified.

Last edited:

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
==== Short version ======
My new Idfc account welcome kit was returned due to the Bluedart's shitty service. IDFC froze my account even after I told them its Bluedart's fault that the packet was returned.

==== Long version ========

So, opened an account with IDFC and the account opening process was smooth, completed everything under few minutes. The very next day welcome kit was dispatched through Bluedart. Now this is when the real story starts.

The Bluedart services in my area is like shit and their customer services is worst than shit (tell me if you know a word for it). The delivery person called me and said that he is waiting for me somewhere 8 km away 🤣. He asked me to come and receive the packet. I refused asking him to come to the address written at the packet. Now the worst thing they do is updates the reason for failed delivery as incorrect address even if it is correct.

The next day I visited the Bluedart's hub and asked them to give me the packet annnd funny enough they said it's a bank shipment and can only be delivered at mentioned address with a proof of Identity. I contacted the customer support of Bluedart every single day for 7 days and only response was that you will get it by evening. After 7 days they returned the packet.

After that I contected IDFC and told them every thing and specifically asked them to resend it with any other courier service except Bluedart. They were quick to resend it within a day but aagain with shitty Bluedart. 🙄

Then after few minutes I got a sms that my account is frozen due the welcome kit being returned. This is worst reason I have seen for freezing a bank account. No other bank I have known does this. This is after they knew the exact reason of return.

I mailed them and still waiting for response. will update the once I get an update.

View attachment 30632
When any banking product is not delivered to main person it goes back to branch from where u can collect that product

But IDFC is working in strange way