• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank Zero Balance Account for the active CC users

SarPanch

TF Buzz
Has anyone recently received a whatsapp from the IDFC Bank, stating that they can open a zero balance saving account ( basically the 10000K balance account would be the variant and the one's who received the message need not to maintain any balance.

I did get that on whatsapp and on being lured by the same, I opened the bank account with the same link but now the bank says it is a 10k Balance account which I will have to maintain.

Has anyone own a similar experience and can help on how I can get converted to a zero balance or seek help from where. ?

Attachments

• d496af92-6ad7-4edd-b888-4eedb9e31701.jpeg
    d496af92-6ad7-4edd-b888-4eedb9e31701.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 204

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I've been getting the message regularly and when the Paytm crisis hit, decided to open an account with them. Got the 10000 crossed off and 0 shown as MAB on account opening page, and got the same confirmed on the welcome whatsapp message after the account was opened.
However as I happen to be visually impaired, they refused to VKYC, I asked for an ofline KYC. After that was completed, I received a confirmation mail that said 10000 MAB. I took it up with the RM, and she got it checked, the mail said 10000 because there was a 2nd KYC request as apparently they needed a separate one to do the offline KYC. She got it fixed with the backend team in the end. The account you get under the offer is a 10000 MAB account, but those who have the account under the offer, there will be no penalty if the balance isn't maintained. So the offer is available as of now only for the 10000 account only.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Read from here and post queries there..

Post in thread 'IDFC First Wealth Account eligibility requirement and benefits'
https://www.technofino.in/community...ty-requirement-and-benefits.17926/post-445920
read the whole thread .. u were lucky to be upgraded to wealth within 2 days of account opening

My Case: In Aug 2023 I opened 0 AMB account via offer. Initially months I parked around 3 -5 lakh but currently maintaining zero bal
my only concern if we upgrade to wealth account is will we loose our initial exclusive 0 AMB offer?? Will be great to have 0 AMB wealth account with no downgrades /any charges levied etc ..

If I get wealth upgrade I wouldn't mind to park 10L in the account. can u plz share ur Virtual RM contact will try to upgrade via him

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
In Aug 2023 I opened 0 AMB account via offer.

Initial 2 -3 months i parked around 3 -5 lakh funds

If we upgrade to wealth account will we loose our initial exclusive 0 AMB offer is my only concern ?? Will be great to have 0 AMB wealth account with no downgrades /charged levied etc ..
No

If I get wealth upgrade I wouldn't mind to park 10L in the account. can u plz share ur Virtual RM contact will try to upgrade via him
DM me tomorrow

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
read the whole thread .. u were lucky to be upgraded to wealth within 2 days of account opening
I wouldn't say, I was lucky...
I went with a thorough plan.
If he didn't offer me wealth , I would not have deposited more than 10K.

I called CC and asked them to direct their local branch wealth RM to contact me.
He did within 10 minutes but asked me to maintain 10L for 2 months then only he would upgrade..I calmly said okay, see you later..

I blocked his number so that he didn't need to contact me again...

Then I asked this VRM. If he didn't agree to that again I would have blocked his number as well...

It is their business ..they had to come to my terms.
That is how I make them to deal with me..
Only thing I need to do is: Time it ...Time it really well.. then everything follows

Last edited: