• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank 0 AMB Account

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
After acquiring IDFC Wealth CC from IDFC bank, I almost forgot about this bank as the card itself took back seat because of the fabulous cards like SBI Cashback and Axis ACE, couple of weeks before I received the following offer from IDFC bank.

IMG_6386 2.PNG

Since this was a 0 MAB offer that too for a limited time, I didn't think much and decided to proceed with the account creation and KYC. Since my previous experience of online account generation was not too good with other banks, I was not keeping very high hopes with IDFC too. However, my experience changed completely when I was done with the account generation within the matter of 5 minutes that too without KYC. IDFC allowed me to schedule the VKYC at a later time and put a limit of 10K max balance for a non KYC account.
f0562120-cea3-44ae-a368-1e0a93cc0ac5 2.JPG

Considering the positive experience of account generation, I decided to complete the VKYC too and that too didn't take much time. Overall I am quite impressed with this digital onboarding process and at every step IDFC kept me informed by send the messages and emails in a timely manner.

One such email consisted of this notification.

c5b83e74-02c1-41b9-9786-c65fc52794cc 2.JPG

Since the account was a Zero MAB account, I was under the impression that the their might be some changes associated with the debit card and checkbook, hence I didn't bother applying for the same.

However, received a message from IDFC stating that a package was sent to me via Bluedart which would reach me in next four days. Unsure of the package, I waited for it and kept a close eye on the IDFC app to see any unsolicited charges.

Package did arrive on time and it had the following.

IMG_6439.JPG
IMG_6440.JPG
IMG_6441.JPG
IMG_6442.JPG
IMG_6443.JPG

IDFC truly wow'ed me with their prompt services, entire onboarding experience was quite smooth right from the beginning that too without spending a single penny out of my pocket.

I already have accounts with Kotak, Axis, SBI and ICICI, have been a customer of these banks since more than a decade and still find it painful to get something done from the customer care/branch of these banks. I am seriously considering ending my association with some of these banks and transfer my fund to IDFC as they truly deserve my money.

_na_cheese

TF Premier
Same here received whatsapp message from IDFC for lifetime saving account but there is no where mentioned about 0 MAB. Clicking on link shows two accounts with 25,000 and 10,000 AMB. Is the offer of 0 MAB visible after providing Aadhar and other details?
Did the whatsapp msg mention about 0 MAB?

Unleash

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It was not mentioned in whatsapp msg, also the link given directly did not show 0 MAB plans. It was after filling aadhar and pan details they offered the 0 MAB in place of 10k account.

On side note has anyone had issue processing vkyc? I am getting this error since yesterday when starting video kyc.
"Sorry, our system is facing a technical error. Please try again after sometime"

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It was not mentioned in whatsapp msg, also the link given directly did not show 0 MAB plans. It was after filling aadhar and pan details they offered the 0 MAB in place of 10k account.

On side note has anyone had issue processing vkyc? I am getting this error since yesterday when starting video kyc.
"Sorry, our system is facing a technical error. Please try again after sometime"
Do you have any screenshot??

Yes. Same issue here. Not able to complete vkyc since last three days from 17th July. Did you manage to complete Vkyc?

They gave me both options, i asked to come at my place/office.
Thanks. Did you get the welcome kit with debit card ? I went to the branch and they were unaware of the 0 MAB account. They were giving an "Account upgrade form" to perform KYC which will make the account tagged to regular 10K account.
Can you update the thread with what documents the KYC was done in person for you once done?

Unleash

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks. Did you get the welcome kit with debit card ? I went to the branch and they were unaware of the 0 MAB account. They were giving an "Account upgrade form" to perform KYC which will make the account tagged to regular 10K account.
Can you update the thread with what documents the KYC was done in person for you once done?
No I haven't received the welcome kit yet, waiting for the kyc to be done. Will surely update here.
Regarding 0 MAB did you take screenshot of that offer while processing account online. Keep a proof to show them incase they are not aware. I for once will get a confirmation in written after completing account opening process.

Unleash

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Update: VKYC has started working now, no idea if its fully functional. I completed my VKYC the person was explaining the bank features at the last step and call got disconnected. Couldn't reconnect again as it says that VKYC is under verification.