• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Ideal Statement Date

RIB

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
1st of every month, due date generally is around 18th to 20th.
Reason: Most of my payments & bills are around the first week of the month… therefore I am able to utilise the 45-50 day interest free credit period to the maximum possible

metal_heart

TF Premier
Most of my CC has statement generation date around 15th. So bill payment falls in first week of next month; where the salary get's credited, home loan EMI is done and can pay CC bills aswell.
Make me debt & bills free by 1st week of Month and have no tension rest of month

metal_heart

TF Premier
Well, it hasn't happened ever in all through my career. Always get Salary on time, or I'm well aware of it, if it's getting delayed (e.g. If I'm switching jobs)
For all extreme situation or emergency; I do have an emergency fund to be utilized.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
What if some "hypothetical situation", you salary delayed by a week.?

I worried that, how much we can manage in that 1 week. since it has EMIs, Rent, Bills. Reducing burden half is my suggestion.

Note: Just personal experience maynot be suitable to you or all.
PF loan 15 days nowadays ✅

deep@vie

TF Legend
What is the ideal statement date for you, considering you have more than 1 credit card?
it depends on when one gets his monetary gains,should keep 7-10 days buffer.
e.g. if one gets salary on 10th of a month,then his billing date should be around month end.

krish80

TF Buzz
1st of every month, due date generally is around 18th to 20th.
Reason: Most of my payments & bills are around the first week of the month… therefore I am able to utilise the 45-50 day interest free credit period to the maximum possible
I completely agree that Ideally its better to have it on or before 5th of every month. As most of the bills are generated before 10th, it better to get the statement generated by 2nd so that you can use the maximum interest free period. It also completely depends on when your salary is credited.

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I completely agree that Ideally its better to have it on or before 5th of every month. As most of the bills are generated before 10th, it better to get the statement generated by 2nd so that you can use the maximum interest free period. It also completely depends on when your salary is credited.
Let's say the salary is credited every 30th.

purushotham

TF Select
Mine
3 banks on 1st
3 banks on 16 th

So 15 days half month gap is there between them and billing date of 3 banks match with due date of other 3 cards