• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Wealth Management Account Holders please share your experience.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
What's the MAB you guys maintaining in your Wealth management account.

And what's would be the ideal mab to prevent it from getting downgraded.
Or any tips to avoid getting the account downgraded without maintaining mab.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just noticed one thing though....

People are eager to close their WM account with Icici cause it's no longer zero balance ( though they can opt for Privilege Banking if they are maintaining 1 L above and technically it would be zero balance again); what I am trying to saying is being on this forum for over a year and half now, I have noticed that people take Icici for granted; in the sense; ki agar zero balance nhi de rhe toh account close karunga.

But on the other hand when it comes to Hdfc; nobody even asks of having a zero balance. Sab chup chap jaake balance wala acc kholte hai (and then register for CLassic/ preferred or whatsoever)

Is it cause of the Marketing tactics of these Banks; or is it that since Icici was always lenient in downgrading people; and so people are now furious that they have been downgraded; but if Hdfc would have done the same thing; they probably wouldn't have cared. Ulta Branch me aake Classic Banking ke liye negotitate karte aur acc maintain karte
in HDFC my entire family even cousins have 0 MAB accounts with MAB of 1 lac in all accounts combined with free platinum and millennia dc. We also have ltf CC with few having tata neu ltf cc too. DC is used to get rewards from 400 to 750 rs by doing CC payments. Received multiple spend-based vouchers from them without even realizing it. DC provides lounges on 5k spends. 400 rs every month reward was for free if you have paytm bank. RM is exceptional, never call for offers and she recently went outside India for training. Icici is nowhere close to it except their app.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
ICICI - No rewarding DC in 10k, 25k, etc MAB category. Gives pre approved offer to 1 in 1L customer.

HDFC - Rewards DC (Millennia, Platinum) starts with 2.5k* mab, depending upon location. Generally 10k MAB offers min. ₹4800 + 12k smartbuy cashback in 1 year. HDFC also offers pre approved CC to everyone out there (even if it's freedom or Moneyback but they do offer).

So HDFC always wins.
their wealth dcs have without spends based lounge access
and reward system is there but it is pathetic

knight

TF Ace
Just noticed one thing though....

People are eager to close their WM account with Icici cause it's no longer zero balance ( though they can opt for Privilege Banking if they are maintaining 1 L above and technically it would be zero balance again); what I am trying to saying is being on this forum for over a year and half now, I have noticed that people take Icici for granted; in the sense; ki agar zero balance nhi de rhe toh account close karunga.

But on the other hand when it comes to Hdfc; nobody even asks of having a zero balance. Sab chup chap jaake balance wala acc kholte hai (and then register for CLassic/ preferred or whatsoever)

Is it cause of the Marketing tactics of these Banks; or is it that since Icici was always lenient in downgrading people; and so people are now furious that they have been downgraded; but if Hdfc would have done the same thing; they probably wouldn't have cared. Ulta Branch me aake Classic Banking ke liye negotitate karte aur acc maintain karte
The only reason for most people to open wealth was CIBIL, 0 MAB, better DC for lounge. (and ofcourse the leather pouch).
And most accounts are thus dormant.

almost all 4 features above have been fulfilled or cancelled.

Coming to HDFC, its DC cashback is one of the major reasons that people prefer that account. Apart from better pre approved offers.
Also, HDFC easily offers 0 MAB for Classic and usually doesn't downgrade.

If HDFC was distributing Imperia without MAB fulfillment and then suddenly downgraded people, you might have seen a similar reaction towards HDFC. but many people would still stay for DC Cashback. ICICI doesn't have any such edge.

knight

TF Ace
Off Topic:
Is anyone able to track ICICI CC Application?

I had applied for Sapphiro but their tracking site seems to be down since last week. I've also not received any email updates.

anonymuos

TF Ace
I was maintaining 1 lac in it but today when I checked the app it's not black theme anymore. In account details it says MAB is 25K. Is it time to close this account now ?
Was yours an account upgraded later to Wealth management or opened directly as a Wealth account from the start?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
ICICI - No rewarding DC in 10k, 25k, etc MAB category. Gives pre approved offer to 1 in 1L customer.

HDFC - Rewards DC (Millennia, Platinum) starts with 2.5k* mab, depending upon location. Generally 10k MAB offers min. ₹4800 + 12k smartbuy cashback in 1 year. HDFC also offers pre approved CC to everyone out there (even if it's freedom or Moneyback but they do offer).

So HDFC always wins.
For icici there best value debit card is rupay platinum debit card.. just for the Friday offer..
At 177rs

Last edited: