• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI LTF SAGA

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Good Day Everyone,

Just thought of doing a small write-up on my journey with icici bank. So, those of you who don't know me, I am just another credit card enthusiast like you are. I started my journey with ICICI bank, some 6 years ago when I was offered an LTF Jet Airways Rubyx credit card with a limit of 60k, fast forward a couple of years and I was given my first upgrade to MMT Signature, and the upgrade offer showed a One time Fees of 2500, but I was never charged that fees and I also received my MMT vouchers too :) . Then in the year 2020, I applied for an Apay card from amazon which is default LTF, fast forward to end of 2021 , I got my first LE offer from 60k to 180K , which I declined, within 3 months I got another offer from 60k to 14.7 Lakhs, the first thing I did was counted the zeros and opted for the LE this was in the month of March 2022 I guess, This is when the hunt for Emeralde LTF started, I escalated everywhere starting from Twitter to PNO, rejection everywhere. This is when I decided to try the classic old way via branch , I have known the BM since long as he is a family friend, first thing he did was to get me LTF Sapphiro ( with a limit of 23.7 lakhs) based on my employer and salary, and I also converted my salary account with ICICI to a wealth Salary account , started pumping some money to my icici direct account and kept my pursuit for Emeralde active all this while . Finally in the month of February there was a breakthrough and My BM patched me in call with Regional Head as even he got frustrated with my nagging about Emeralde ;P . This is when I realized I have almost won the game , he asked to write a mail attaching relevant documents like salary slips , ITR. Within a week of sending this mail , I got a approval call from the BM stating that I can apply for the card and it will be processed as LTF . So I went to branch and applied for the Emirates Emeralde Credit Card , and as he mentioned , the final stage of the application showed the card as Life Time Free, the card got processed and delivered in a week ( limit of 36 Lakhs)

I have also taken approval for Vanilla Emeralde LTF, and I will be starting the process by next month.

So this is a small write-up on my journey with ICICI from 60K to 36L in 6 and half a years.

This is how my ICICI portfolio looks now.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 12.27.47 PM.jpeg

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Its clearly mentioned in the T&Cs of Emirates Emeralde that silver tier membership is only upon payment of joining fee/ annual fee.
Obviously. Also if you could rewind ⏪ and see I have commented "Silver" on a generic question asked like what's the tier of emirates skywards given with Emeralde. (Without stating LTF, any card is considered Paid)

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Obviously. Also if you could rewind ⏪ and see I have commented "Silver" on a generic question asked like what's the tier of emirates skywards given with Emeralde. (Without stating LTF, any card is considered Paid)
Probably, but there are many versions of any card, LTF, first year free, discounted fee etc. Silver tier is only upon payment of annual fee.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Probably, but there are many versions of any card, LTF, first year free, discounted fee etc. Silver tier is only upon payment of annual fee.
No
I have silver and my card is LTF
If they are not giving you connect with customer care
Silver status with Emirates is the only USP of the card otherwise it's just a garbage like emeralde .
I hv even requested emirates to give gold for one year as a service gesture .

ankitfintech

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@anirban.choudhury @amit5ire
I am in the process of applying for emeralde LTF. I think my RM already submitted for vanilla emeralde.. now if requested to ICICI will they be able to convert vanilla emeralde to Emirates Emeralde ltf once I get the card.. I dint realise before application that Emirates Emeralde is everything plus Emirates silver club.
I don't want to disturb the current application which is submitted.

amit5ire

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am in the process of applying for emeralde LTF. I think my RM already submitted for vanilla emeralde.. now if requested to ICICI will they be able to convert vanilla emeralde to Emirates Emeralde ltf once I get the card.. I dint realise before application that Emirates Emeralde is everything plus Emirates silver club.
Question: Can ICICI convert?
Answer: Yes, ICICI can very well convert.

Question: Will ICICI convert?
Answer: Maybe / May not. To answer generically, any request for conversion is entirely at the discretion of the issuer and depends upon its internal criteria, guidelines, and processes. And I am not aware of their internal criterion, guidelines, and processes.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Question: Can ICICI convert?
Answer: Yes, ICICI can very well convert.

Question: Will ICICI convert?
Answer: Maybe / May not. To answer generically, any request for conversion is entirely at the discretion of the issuer and depends upon its internal criteria, guidelines, and processes. And I am not aware of their internal criterion, guidelines, and processes.
Maybe this guy can help...
@S S V ...

Ajjkal bhai bohot icici ka gayaan de raha ha ...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
am in the process of applying for emeralde LTF. I think my RM already submitted for vanilla emeralde.. now if requested to ICICI will they be able to convert vanilla emeralde to Emirates Emeralde ltf once I get the card.. I dint realise before application that Emirates Emeralde is everything plus Emirates silver club.

First thing, getting Emeralde ( whatever flavour) LTF is itself a BIG thing... Let this process complete and have your LTF Emeralde in your hands... then we can think about how to get this converted.. There are chances, but depending upon your RM/BM's ability.. If he is getting LTF means he is a bit of capable person. unless you are getting it based on 2 CR NRV...
You coulod even try for Metal version if and when it is released..

AritraSaha

TF Legend
First thing, getting Emeralde ( whatever flavour) LTF is itself a BIG thing... Let this process complete and have your LTF Emeralde in your hands... then we can think about how to get this converted.. There are chances, but depending upon your RM/BM's ability.. If he is getting LTF means he is a bit of capable person. unless you are getting it based on 2 CR NRV...
You coulod even try for Metal version if and when it is released..
A very small correction: could
*2nd last sentence..

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They'll easily do that because actually its a downgrade from 12k visa infinite card to 10k fee visa signature card. Just ask them to downgrade and issue as LTF only based on your Emeralde. They will issue you a new emirates Emeralde as icici doesn't close the existing card. Mail to the pno. So you can keep both

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Are you maintaining any RV for this? I am also in touch with my RM for the same. she is asking me to keep around 50L+ MAB for at least 3 months. So that she can initiate the request.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I would suggest don't convert your vanila emeralde to emirates , take it only as a second card .
There are few things you won't get in Emirates card like Golf , emirates emeralde doesn't provide complementary golf even after spend of 50k , Emirates has high forex markup of 3.5% compared to 1.5% of Emeralde , addon for Emirates is chargeable where as Emeralde gets free add-ons , Emeralde gets trip cancellation cover which Emirates doesn't get.
So if you are not into Emirates FFP much then don't go for Emirates Emeralde , and even if you are then also try to take it as second card rather than converting .

I am into Emirates FFP as I travel to Dubai 3-4 times a year and the silver status helps me a lot in terms of baggage allowance and lounge etc.
Still I took Vanila Emeralde because I used to loose out on many other features .

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I would suggest don't convert your vanila emeralde to emirates , take it only as a second card .
There are few things you won't get in Emirates card like Golf , emirates emeralde doesn't provide complementary golf even after spend of 50k , Emirates has high forex markup of 3.5% compared to 1.5% of Emeralde , addon for Emirates is chargeable where as Emeralde gets free add-ons , Emeralde gets trip cancellation cover which Emirates doesn't get.
So if you are not into Emirates FFP much then don't go for Emirates Emeralde , and even if you are then also try to take it as second card rather than converting .

I am into Emirates FFP as I travel to Dubai 3-4 times a year and the silver status helps me a lot in terms of baggage allowance and lounge etc.
Still I took Vanila Emeralde because I used to loose out on many other features .
Didn't know that emirate charges for add on cards
How much does it charge