• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Insta Save FD account question!

romilq

TF Ace
So I had opened ICICI Insta Save FD account in December 2020 and got a CC with 9k limit on 10k FD. I closed the card and the FD in February 2022. Since then my account has been zero balance only. The category is shown as SBONL. It has not been converted to regular savings account with a MAB required as mentioned. My question is will I get a pre-approved CC offer in this account since FD based is closed ? I am not getting any offers since last one year. I was doing regular transactions but not maintaining much balance ? Should I upgrade this account to Gold Privilege account for offers or close this and open new one ? Will I get pre-approved offers in new account if I had an account before and closed it ?

zealot

TF Premier
Did you use this account for receiving salary? SBONL is for online account. I have converted my account to salary account. It's still showing as SBONL.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Icici takes a long time in giving pre approved offers even to Salary accounts......... Just keep doing regular transactions and then u can get in 2-3 quaters.... But I would suggest to keep the mab required..... For regular account... Or else.... U will see your balance un - 10000 or 20000....whenever their system detects it... Or better close this account and open a new account.....

romilq

TF Ace
Did you use this account for receiving salary? SBONL is for online account. I have converted my account to salary account. It's still showing as SBONL.
No. This was used as savings account only. But every month my father’s firm used to credit money in my account. But didn’t convert it to salary account. Also they said that if we close the FD then it will be converted to regular savings account which hasn’t happened yet. It still shows that MAB required to be maintained is zero.

romilq

TF Ace
Icici takes a long time in giving pre approved offers even to Salary accounts......... Just keep doing regular transactions and then u can get in 2-3 quaters.... But I would suggest to keep the mab required..... For regular account... Or else.... U will see your balance un - 10000 or 20000....whenever their system detects it... Or better close this account and open a new account.....
If I close the current one and open a new one then will I get pre-approved offers in a new account if it is Gold Privilege or Silver Privilege account ? Might take long but can get it right ?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
If I close the current one and open a new one then will I get pre-approved offers in a new account if it is Gold Privilege or Silver Privilege account ? Might take long but can get it right ?
Yes.... The best is if u can invest one time 10 lakh ( 5 lakh only in some branches) ... U can get zero balance life time premium account..i. E wealth account.... And chances if ltf cards increases.....

You can withdraw the entire amount after account opening.....

romilq

TF Ace
Yes.... The best is if u can invest one time 10 lakh ( 5 lakh only in some branches) ... U can get zero balance life time premium account..i. E wealth account.... And chances if ltf cards increases.....

You can withdraw the entire amount after account opening.....
Sounds good. Last question. Will the new account be linked to same customer ID ? Or I will get a new customer ID ? Should I close the current account first and then open new right ?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Sounds good. Last question. Will the new account be linked to same customer ID ? Or I will get a new customer ID ? Should I close the current account first and then open new right ?
It will be linked to existing customer id..... And u can do the way u like..... First close and open or vice versa

thespy12

TF Buzz
Aight. Thank you man 🙏
Hey mine is also showing account category as SBONL , but the thing is I had opened a mine account which I think got converted to SBONL category ,so will it remain zero balance account as I had opened it initially or what are the disadvantage of this category account

romilq

TF Ace
Hey mine is also showing account category as SBONL , but the thing is I had opened a mine account which I think got converted to SBONL category ,so will it remain zero balance account as I had opened it initially or what are the disadvantage of this category account
Mine account shows SBONL only.